Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 555009

Trouble in Paradise brewing......
JPMorgan is an absolute joke. Analyst Paul Coster is basing his 2021 $45 price target on NKLA at a 30x 2027 EBITDA estimate of ~$1.7 billion. I have never seen any analyst base their target off of an EBITDA multiple seven years into the future...

Meanwhile, colleague Ryan Brinkman isn't even forecasting financials past 2021 for Tesla. His $275 price target is based on a "50/50 blend of a multiple-based analysis on our 2021E revenues, EBITDA and EPSforecast, and a discounted cash flow method of valuation". Yikes.

$TSLA Methinks time to exit Tesla calls would be around end of September 2020 and @elonmusk just announced it yesterday so time to load up on calls right now and ride it until the battery day/ annual meet and then unload everything before Q4 starts
That’s the way I see it right now but I might change my mind at any time

Why unload everything? Because the S&P 500 inclusion?

The power of story.

I just finished Jay Leno’s Model Y episode, the clothes, the hair, the good-natured delivery, he is authentic. He is real.

Some, have approached me with enthusiastic curiosity, that glint of fascination in their eyes, I’ve always told them my best Tesla story.

Others, have approached me with confrontation, aggressively challenging every aspect of Tesla and electric vehicles. In hindsight, I regret my tendency to grin and fight.

What I liked about Jay’s presentation, was that he spoke to everyone across a broad spectrum of beliefs. It falls to true believers to tell our best story. It falls to us to hone our storytelling skills, to advance Tesla.

Jay Leno is the ultimate soft sell.

453K views as we speak. In fact, the only other recent video with more views on "Jay Leno's Garage" is about an unusual 60-year old Corvair pickup truck.

That'll change next year when Cybertruck goes plaid... ;)

Cheers!
That's a lot of people learning how not to close the damn frunk lid on a 3 or Y. Step away from my car please, Jay. Thank you!

Tomorrow is going to be a red macro day. Trade talks have soured with China.

Still fantastic that Tesla has a great relationship with China, though.

I smell a rat here...

1. This is conveniently announced right after the bozo's debacle in Tulsa
2. Sets this up as he'll be the savior in a month by announcing 'The new China trade deal i negotiated is one of the best ever for USA'
3. People have short memories, and this will come just in time for his re-election

Indeed, well put. This half-hour unpaid endorsement from Jay Leno, could well be worth more than the price of a year of conventional advertising produced by Madison Avenue for an automaker. The YouTube video has been out less than a day, and is already approaching a half-million views. There will be more watching, when it actually becomes incorporated into a segment of Jay's TV show.

Those who are convinced by it, will advise their friends to watch it. Demand could explode exponentially. I'm not kidding. Let's hope production can keep up. :cool:
Jay is a guy who connects with a large core of anti Tesla middle age boomers. Delivered in simple non technical manner. Great PR.

So my friend got the first ever Model Y in Canada delivered to him in Vancouver on June 9! My wife and I were fortunate enough to get ours on Saturday, June 20. They said they'd done about 20 or so in Vancouver thus far. There a couple other ones being delivered the same day as us (and a whole huge pile of 3s). Deliver process is very well oiled and well run in Vancouver.

After driving it this weekend (and have having had a 2012 Model S, and now a 2019 Model III), we absolutely feel that this is the best Tesla we've ever had from a comfort, spaciousness, and visibility point of view. It is also by far the quietest inside of all the Teslas we've had. I can tell that we'll always use the Y when we are going somewhere together and my 3 will be just my going-to-work (or the Y is not available) car (for when I drive to work again someday). The interior has a number of "delightful" features that are definite improvements over past Teslas. All in, we're very much looking forward to a bunch of mini-stay-near-home vacations in this thing this summer. These things are going to sell like wildfire once they get the production rolling. I have a feeling a few of my friends are going to get on the list soon enough too...

There are a couple very minor issues with the Y's fit and finish -- some bits of missing paint around one headlight and a minor cracked piece of plastic inside, all of which Tesla will help us out with once/when parts are available. I've no worries there. Can't wait to get the trailer hitch (couldn't get it as part of the delivery because we'd have had to open up our reservation/pre order, and if you do, you get today's price which is quite a bit higher primarily due to the old Canadian Petro-Dollar....) Also need to get the all weather mats, those not available yet either.View attachment 554841 View attachment 554842

Any reports of Y being delivered outside BC? Or is Tesla keeping its focus there given its proximity to Fremont and Q2 end approaching?

Watching Trump flailing around has been pretty amazing the past 3 years.

Turns out the President of the United States actually does do stuff, you can't get the guy who hosted "The Apprentice" to just show up and say whatever he wants and expect the country to be fine after all. I'm truly shocked that this is the case.

You could say I'd lost my belief in our politicians.
They all seemed like game show hosts to me.

Sting