Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It also means Cathie Wood might become one of the wealthiest women in the financial industry. I'm going to love to watch her pass up her clueless male cohorts with stinky cologne!
It was entertaining listening to her last podcast when she described her experience trying to access funds she had just deposited in a bank for a home purchase. I think she holds traditional banks in lower regard than traditional automakers.

Months ago I’ve asked him that too, but to no avail (and Karen as well). I suppose Factchecking is happy where he is now: on Twitter, slowly but steadily building up a gathering of followers (close to 800 now).

Any possibility you can help me find FC on twitter? Lots of names like that, none that look like that and with a found of 800 that I can find ...

Has anyone thought about what impact positive surprises (Earnings/P&Ds) will have going forward as Tesla market cap has tipped more to becoming more fairly valued?

There is an argument that the more bullish the market is on Tesla future value (represented by Market Capitalization & earnings multiples), the less impact positive surprises would have on the share price. I am not sure that theory holds up in the current environment, with most companies including Tesla being given some slack due to CV impact, but might be more valid from next quarter.

While I do not think the current Tesla market cap reflects perfect future execution from Tesla (it is not pricing in 40-50% compounded growth for the next decade with sustained high gross margins), it no doubt reflects much rosier company performance than it did 6 or 12 months ago (perhaps 20-25% compounded growth for a few years with modest decrease in gross margins). So I think the bar is going to be raised for what causes big stock price moves upward going forward as expectations are now higher than they were.

In other words, when half the market used to believe the TSLAQ Durp-durps there were big reactions when Tesla reported deliveries/profits above expectations - but now most of the market has consigned the TSLAQ theories to the same drawer as climate deniers & flat earthers and expects profits going forwards.
Don't sweat this at all. The fewer the the doubts, the higher TSLA goes. I promise you as revenue and earnings increase, so will TSLA.

Keep your seat belt on.

UGH... I'm so tempted to by FSD on my Model X just to support 2Q #'s.. but I would hate for it to be all for naught. Therefore, it has to make sense to spend $7k for the actual service.. which idk if I can justify. Thoughts? Encouragement?

I have five reasons why you should buy FSD immediately:

1) Tightwads never make much money. It's a losing mindset.:(
2) You have a Model X without FSD?? What are you, some kind of Luddite? ;)

58038.jpg

3) Would you want Elon Musk to think you were worthy of hiring? ;)
4) When you click on "Upgrades" on your Tesla App it will return a very cool message: "You have ALL available upgrades"! :cool:
5) You only live once.:)

STEM t-shirts, mugs and water bottles for everyone in my house.

Alas, they have not been able to match our Y config yet, but 23 hours to go!

Fire Away!
(Its STILL the batteries, Stupid!)

I think they have to ship the product to count it in this quarter's financials.

So over-the-air updates are the way to go. Both our Tesla's already have everything they offer so I can't help out here. I did buy a Cybertruck baseball cap that arrived last week :).

So if we make profitability by less than $25 I'm gonna take full credit!:D

I think they have to ship the product to count it in this quarter's financials.

So over-the-air updates are the way to go. Both our Tesla's already have everything they offer so I can't help out here. I did buy a Cybertruck baseball cap that arrived last week :).

So if we make profitability by less than $25 I'm gonna take full credit!:D
Oh they are definitely going for it. Ordered some merch an hour ago... just received shipping confirmation.

AAR from my Denver Model 3 pickup tonight: holy crap are they delivering the Ys. Mine was one of the only 3s I saw bring delivered. There was an S, an X, and a couple dozen Ys.

This was the first Y I've seen up close and personal. My other car is an X, and the Y really does look as though an X and a 3 had a baby. It's larger in person than it looks in photos, as well. No one is going to mistake it for a 3 up close.

Anyway, I picked up at 6:30 pm and they were still going strong and planning to be there for a couple hours more.

AFAIK nothing else came into the S&P 500 with anywhere NEAR the market cap tesla will have (meaning a lot more of it needs to be bought by index funds) and also that level of short float needing to fight the index funds for covering shares

That right there is key. The size of the required purchases relative to the float. The other big advantage I think Tesla has over most (or all?) other S&P 500 additions is a large percentage of big shareholders that will hold come hell or high water. Tesla is growing revenues so quickly that many big investors will not be selling on valuation alone (because it appears the company can out-grow any price bubbles in relatively short order). This could push the price much higher than many anticipate because those index tracking funds have no choice but to buy.

I think we've been hardened to analyze competition to Tesla from years of defending and deflecting and hopefully digesting the short narrative for a decade now. I know that I've learned what to look for when a company talks a good game. Every time Milton makes some outrageous claim, it reminds me of what Elon may have looked like at the time to the uninformed. And then I look into why it's different.
We can now shred the comparison with ease having the trump card of credibility, accomplishments, results and actual product. One is real, the other isn't. I do agree with others here though that rather than become one of the NKLAQ, take the high road and ignore it.

The other observation that I have about why NKLA is doing so well is that there's a huge population of anti-Tesla and anti-Elon types that will cheer on any challenger to dethrone the new king. It seems obvious to us that they really haven't even looked into what the challenger's arsenal is or even if they have one. It doesn't matter to them because it's ABT (Anything But Tesla). I run into this on other BEV forums all the time and they will take any little scrap of negativity and that's their argument to pile on with claims that Tesla is the devil and Musk is a cult leader. They have a confirmation bias that runs wild without cause and no matter what evidence you provide, they will not budge. They have a religious detachment from reality of "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up".
It's somewhat pathetic that they will avoid Tesla at all costs while suffering with slow charging, frustrating road trips, uncomfortable seats, lack of OTA, etc., and try to puff up the features of a Bolt or Leaf as superior to the point of flagrant lying. Truly the definition of delusional.

It's not just Tesla haters that are bolstering NKLAs share price. A lot of people incorrectly assume they "missed out" on TSLA. It doesn't occur to them that the growth has only just begun.