Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price action is great and all, and I'm digging the "might break-even" or "good chance of GAAP profitability for Q2" but...

Everybody is getting greedy, therefore I am becoming fearful.

I just hope P&D report is not a sell the news event.

Someone will probably try to do so, but if it is, just another buying opportunity. But, if you're wanting to act on other's greed, sell insurance puts?

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand
Based on BB, is 1058 your next target Dodger?
It's a moving target, now at $1,062.65 at 10:30 ET

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-06-30.10-30.png

Use this permalink to get near-realtime data while the market is open:

TSLA - Tesla Inc.

Cheers!

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Just asking as the devil... what if the same MMs and their cousins decide TSLA is too expensive (or something stupid) for the S&P? It is not required, and voted in correct?

Lol, yeah just wait. By the end of this decade, TSLA will be close to 25% of the current value of the S&P500 Index.

Dey jus' waitin' on a dip... :p

Cheers!

Just asking as the devil... what if the same MMs and their cousins decide TSLA is too expensive (or something stupid) for the S&P? It is not required, and voted in correct?
You mean if the share price is too high for the S&P? Then maybe we'll do a split. But is 1k too high? I can see how each share being the price of a house being too high.

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1277900725469827072?s=21

New “Tesla Facts” set of tweets regarding TSLA S&P.
This is why we love @Fact Checking. He went and researched the last time a big company was added to the S&P 500 without going through the mid-cap S&P400 index first, back in 2010. I was surprised to find out that Berkshire Hathaway wasn't already in the index, since it's an old company that has been pretty consistently profitable. The reason it wasn't included is that Buffett refused to split the stock, so at the time it was trading around $100,000 per share, and you couldn't buy it through ETrade or such, you had to call the broker and convince them you understood it was an illiquid stock. It was added because they bought out all of BNSF (Burlington Northern, Santa Fe Railroad), and wanted to be able to give stock in return, but very few existing stockholders in BNSF had multiples of $100,000 in holdings :). So they issued shares (BRK-B) that were 1/50th of the main stock (BRK-A now), and exchanged them.

Now one of the (often overlooked) criteria for S&P inclusion is that the stock must be liquid, and until then B-H wasn't.

The upshot is that it increased in value about 25% between the announcement and the actual addition to the index.

Well, looks like the market is expecting good things and of course that makes some of us here nervous. I think I'll hold on to my couple of LEAPs though. Hard to imagine worst case dropping below 900 and I'll get another chance to sell them for a nice profit before they expire.

Edit, can you believe that there are still shorts out there? The real ones, not people just hoping for small drops or buying shorts as leverage.