Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly the pessimist in me is expecting some serious manipulation soon.

I’ve been waiting for some kind of manipulative move too, just like earlier this year when we had the same kind of ever faster runup from 250 to 968. But the circumstances are very different this time: the expectations for a Q2 profit and S&P 500-inclusion should keep the SP afloat for at least a few more weeks.

This would actually be really useful. I honestly have no idea how paying Estimated Taxes works and the deadline for the first tranche is July 15th. I'm trying to hold as long as I can before I sell and transfer money to the IRS...

Do you work a day job and have withholdings deducted from your paychecks? If so, look into safe harbor rules for the IRS and your state taxes with respect to estimated tax payments and windfalls. (For example, if memory serves correctly in California you have safe harbor from quarterly estimated tax payments if you make below a certain amount per year and your withholdings are at least 100% of the prior year's withholdings. I believe IRS rules are similar.)

You may want to consult a tax advisor.

Quick consultation with Dr. Google: How Estimated Taxes Work, Safe Harbor Rule, and Due Dates (2020).

I myself also need to figure the tax stuff myself.

Update edit: straight from IRS: Estimated Taxes | Internal Revenue Service

Last edited:
I’ve been waiting for some kind of manipulative move too, just like earlier this year when we had the same kind of ever faster runup from 250 to 968. But the circumstances are very different this time: the expectations for a Q2 profit and S&P 500-inclusion should keep the stock floating for at least a few more weeks.

A few weeks more after Q2 and SP500 inclusion then we can be looking at the battery day.
A few weeks after that we can then look for 3Q delivery and earning
A few weeks after that we could hear some news about Giga Shanghai and MIC Model Y
A few weeks after that .......

So who did better than me?

Lots of us did better than doubling in 6 months. The last shares I bought were at $356 and $366 on March 18, 2020. Granted, those weren't my first shares but, they did pretty well too. Anyone who bought 12 months ago or less for $346 or less has quadrupled their money. And let's not even talk about options....

Hindsight is 20/20. Always look forward. There is plenty of growth left in Tesla.

I know some of us have been waiting for this day for a long time and the last thing I want is to take anything away from this amazing run. However, I'm keeping myself grounded. This is a very similar feeling to February. This thing is up a bit too furiously. I don't think it's wise to assume MMs/Manipulators will just roll over now. They're hurt and wounded but they've played this game for a long time.

upload_2020-7-6_14-46-54.png

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!!!

I’ve so many to thank for my education; I’m afraid to name names, for fear of leaving someone out.

Your tutelage, all provided on the “earn while learn program,” has brought windfall after windfall to myself, my children, and my grandchildren. I thank each of you, from the bottom of my heart, as does my family.

Financial security empowers folks to make sound, reasoned decisions. My hope is that those people with positive mindsets can now change the world. That doing well, while doing good — becomes our revolution.