Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Rob, he thinks people are buying in now so they can sell them back to index funds when S&P initiation starts. If 30-50 million shares MUST be bought at ANY price, then isn't this just a great opportunity for mass manipulation by just mass buying and holding, driving the price up to say 10k, 20k, who knows and who cares. As long as index funds must buy them at any price, might as well hold until then right?

Big valuation, tiny float. Has there been another company that joined in a similar situation?

I just told my friend that I am actually NOT looking forward to an Anthony predicted short squeeze because that would actually cause me to make choices I don't want to make, as in give up TSLA shares at 3-5k just to pay a mil in taxes. I don't trade this stock unless I want to sell for another company I feel even more bullish on(and currently every company I picked are max bullish).
Ok you gotta tell us - what’s the other stock that you are more bullish on than Tesla?

• Funny
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Ok you gotta tell us - what’s the other stock that you are more bullish on than Tesla?
I wrote about this on another thread. When Tesla was shut down, I was pretty bullish on Fiverr because the valuation was under a billion. Now it's closing in at 3 billion just 3 months time. So at the time, I was definitely more bullish on Fiverr vs Tesla when it was shut down and Elon trying to crash the stock (which he was right, stock price was too high if Tesla remains shut down indefinitely).

Today was insane. To put this in perspective:
At this rate we will be at 2,000 by EOY, easy
Growing at a modest rate of 50% per year:
3,000 EOY 2021
4,500 EOY 2022
6,750 EOY 2023
Over 10,000 EOY 2024.Thats a 2T market cap with some dilution.
Ive gotta say thats pretty mind boggling.

Reactions: ThisStockGood
I wrote about this on another thread. When Tesla was shut down, I was pretty bullish on Fiverr because the valuation was under a billion. Now it's closing in at 3 billion just 3 months time. So at the time, I was definitely more bullish on Fiverr vs Tesla when it was shut down and Elon trying to crash the stock (which he was right, stock price was too high if Tesla remains shut down indefinitely).

thanks.

Could you send me a link to the other thread? Would love to learn more about this.

you still more bullish on Fiverr than Tesla now after the valuation increase?

yes, but I think the "explosion" was all about the planned timing of a whale or group of whales bear attack ( I hope that is the right term?). It was the buying that was concerted at roughly 12:30. The volume was low in the AM, and especially low the hour previous to when the buying "exploded."
I think the buyers would have preferred the MM's keep the price at $1380. And the buyers had a set plan based on the price... the buyers/whales pulled back buying en masse once the stock got to about $1460 (they did their math days before), and then they let their foot off the gas, allowing the MM's to spoon feed them at that rate. But all restraint was abandoned when with an hour left the whales figured if they didn't buy all they were going to need before the day ended then they would lose their time/knowledge advantage.

It’s a good story anyway.

• Love
Reactions: lafrisbee
3,000 EOY 2021
4,500 EOY 2022
6,750 EOY 2023

this is silly, and not how it works. Why would the stock grow at 50% per annum?
Once they establish that they can grow at a consistent pace, it will get priced in and it won’t be a surprise.

thanks.

Could you send me a link to the other thread? Would love to learn more about this.

you still more bullish on Fiverr than Tesla now after the valuation increase?

What other tech stock to consider?

Still very bullish on Fiverr but Tesla is on a whole new level. I feel like a bunch of people are making a S&P squeeze play so nothing is more bullish than Tesla for the next 2 months..lol.

3,000 EOY 2021
4,500 EOY 2022
6,750 EOY 2023

Thank goodness....when I first saw this post I thought you were breaking out some p*o*e*t*r*y.

Congrats all, what a great run! :)

Wanted to share my story too as everyone's been sharing.

It's been quite a roller coaster since I first started following Tesla in 2015. I had been following SpaceX and their brave attempt to propulsively land a rocket but only started following Tesla after I saw the powerwall unveiling event back in 2015 with Elon's presentation of a small blue box and one red pixel. The same year, spacex finally succeded in landing the rocket and I was fully convinced whatever Elon's said he wants to accomplish, he will accomplish including with Tesla - electric car future, battery storage and autonomous driving.

My passion was regarding the amazing implications on the future of technology more than on investing personally. But I still wanted to invest, so I invested in ARK's , Ballie Gifford's even T Rowe Price's funds before they went bonkers and sold all of their Tesla stock. But if you ask, why never in Tesla directly and it's because I am not allowed to... because of my job! I couldn't just change the job because of many complex reasons. Don't get me wrong, it's a very highly paid job but I ****ing hate it because of this specific reason.

Anyway, hope to become a direct Tesla investor in the near future if things go according to plan. But, I am very glad to see the sustainable future arriving with a rapid pace and the people on this blog getting all the wealth because I know that this wealth would be well spent for a better future for all of us!

Trevor Milton, is that you?