Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TT007 I hope this reach you. As a fellow long of TSLA, we at least stood on the same side.

There is no joy in wealth without anyone to share it with. You will soon realize this if you act the same way in real life.

There are several ways ppl go down in flames after this stage. Hookers and blow, lifestyle inflation and divorce. I wish you good luck in avoiding these pitfall.

I think people here in general are too judgmental. We don’t know TT007 other than his posts about trading, etc. He has a loving family and wife, too, I’m sure, and we don’t know what he is doing with his wealth. I also have noticed how he got bullied and disrespected and made fun of on this forum. I’ve been here for a long time, and have seen the respect for fellow traders take a down turn over the last year or so. I hope we all stay respectful towards each other.

Lol, what does this even mean:
View attachment 564162
I expect there are retail investors with this level of knowledge, but I didn’t expect financial media to run this as an title...
(No link, do not want to give them clicks, even for memes)
Means nothing...

TSLA shares $1,730 market cap: $323B
GOOG(L) shares $1,570 market cap: $1,073B

ok I just realized I have a superpower that I need to get rid of.

My pattern:

I watch the SP, looking to add to my position, it remains on a tear.

I buy, and it instantly stops the tear and backs off

today - bought at 1761 - now 1725.

Maybe I should start shorting some stocks somewhere and put my superpower to work!

Beats the hell out of my superpower. Right after I sell some shares the stock takes off like a rocket.

You're all very welcome for my June 23rd $1006, June 30th $1015, and July 6th $1325.

A relative just sent me this news link and stated that the auto rack rail car was filled with new Tesla vehicles. I have watched too many X-file episodes to not be instantly suspicious given that there was also an uncontrolled 'explosion' of TSLA share price

NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (KNOP) - Report of a fire at Union Pacific Railroad in North Platte Sunday night into Monday morning. Sources tell News 2 that this fire was reported before 11:00 pm Sunday. North Platte Fire department responded

An auto rack was on fire at East Tower according to railroad employees.

News 2 has reached out to Union Pacific Railroad for more information. There will also be an update with the fire department.

This is a developing story.

Fire at Union Pacific Railroad

View attachment 564150

Haven’t seen any info in the news on the make of cars but here’s news of another train car fire in the same Bailey rail yard in North Platte, Nebraska (3/9/20). Are fires in rail yards a some what common thing?

Locomotive catches fire at Bailey Yard in North Platte

• Informative
Reactions: Paracelsus
Just wanted to say hoorah! 1700 wow. Thank you for all your amazing insights, advice and calculated predictions. I am sure everyone is watching the ticker and refreshing this thread eagerly for your next post. What an amazing run so far. Do you think price point of 2000 is a reasonable goal for end of the year? If that’s the case, 1700 is still relatively “cheap”?

Henrik has a poor track record, but he has at least built some cars. I'd trust him a lot more with my money than Trevor, which is a pretty poor reflection on Nikola, I think.

Maybe some of the newer members here don't know that, back int he day, Fisker was hired to work on the Model S, which ended up in a law-suit, which he won.

Tesla Motors v. Fisker Coachbuild (2008)[edit]
An arbitrator ruled in favor of Fisker Coachbuild. On 14 April 2008, Tesla Motors filed a lawsuit against Fisker Coachbuild, Fisker and Koehler, contending that they had fraudulently agreed to a design contract in 2007 only to gain access to confidential information, before announcing a competing vehicle, the Fisker Karma. Both the Tesla and Fisker vehicles in question were designed as serial hybrid cars, with a gas engine powering a generator that charges a battery to power the electric motor, and both were initially planned for delivery in 2010. The lawsuit sought to prevent Fisker from using Tesla design documents, along with a return of the money from the Tesla contract, plus punitive damages.[98] Fisker filed for arbitration in May 2008. An arbitrator ruled in their favor in November 2008, finding "overwhelming" evidence showing that Fisker did not do anything wrong.[18][99] Subsequently, Tesla was ordered to pay $1.14 million in legal fees and costs to Fisker.[100]

I for one, think Henrik builds damn good-looking cars. There are folks that just refuse to quit. I like ‘em.

How Milton Hershey’s Bankruptcy Helped Build a Chocolate Empire - myHorizon

I think people here in general are too judgmental. We don’t know TT007 other than his posts about trading, etc. He has a loving family and wife, too, I’m sure, and we don’t know what he is doing with his wealth. I also have noticed how he got bullied and disrespected and made fun of on this forum. I’ve been here for a long time, and have seen the respect for fellow traders take a down turn over the last year or so. I hope we all stay respectful towards each other.

TT007 is a data point and usually entertaining if nothing else. I for one would be sad to see him go. Like plenty of other valued members, you just have to know how to take him.

it must be 1760?
hamiltonogimage.jpg

And let's not forget tax considerations. The US tax is usually much lower, if gains are realized after at least a year. But even then, the rate is significantly raised when the realized gain is above $400,000.

Remember if you don't sell your shares, your "on paper" gains are not taxed. :cool:

I really can't consider selling any more TSLA shares in 2020. The tax might be enough to fund the Pentagon for a year. :eek:
We're still talking about the delta though correct? For instance if your LT capital gains go from $399K to $401K, you're only charged 20% on that $1K over $400K, right? (I know the numbers have changed, this is just for illustration purposes).

Reactions: kbM3 and Tim S
To get respect you earned respect. He’s highly educated and knows it. Money can’t buy thicker skins or love from TMC

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Barron's - 2 hours ago: Tesla Stock Valuation Tops $300 Billion. It Makes Perfect Sense.

Excerpt:

What's going on? The short answer is everything. Entry into the S&P 500, analyst upgrades, geographic expansion and increasing bullishness about the future of electric vehicles are all contributing to the rise.

For starters, it appears Tesla will produce a second-quarter profit. Earnings are scheduled to be released July 22 and inclusion in the S&P 500 is all but ensured. To be included in the S&P, companies have to earn a GAAP profit on a cumulative basis over the previous four quarters.

Barron's is going to have to eat our words, which were skeptical that entry into the S&P 500 would boost the stock substantially. Our view was backed by veteran traders and based on the belief that results, which have consistently exceeded expectations recently, were more important. That was July 2, when the stock was about $1,200.
Gary Black, a former tobacco analyst at Bernstein and former CEO of Aegon Asset Management, recently conducted a Twitter (TWTR) poll that showed investors believe EV vehicles will be 75% of new-car sales by 2030. What's more, a secondary poll shows that investors think Tesla's market share will be 25% of the EV market.

Electric car maker Fisker to go public at $2.9 billion valuation

Electric car maker Fisker will go public through a merger with a "blank check company" backed by private equity firm Apollo Global Management Inc at a valuation of $2.9 billion, the companies said on Monday.

The deal will provide Fisker with $1 billion in gross proceeds, including $500 million of funds from existing and new investors such as AllianceBernstein and BlackRock Inc.

Reuters reported last week that the special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), known as Spartan Energy Acquisition Corp, was leading a bidding war among blank-check companies for Fisker.