Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are wondering about the morning dip, look no further. Well played CNBC/Blackrock. There's a video in the link below.

$TSLA bull @RickRieder sold his stock around $1,000....but he still doesn't think it's overvalued: "It's a great company ... I think the world is realizing it's transformation."

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1283363133743128596?s=20

Well better than running-up pre-market above $1600 and then the rest of the day being frustrated as it's pushed down. Start low and end high instead!

TBH, never thought begin stuck in the $1500's would be so boring - it was that touching-distance of $1800 that spoiled it, plus the idea (in my mind, at any rate) that we could have kept going to $2000 on Monday.

Pffff!

08:00 a.m. Whistle: Wed, 15 Jul 2020
  • NASDAQ-100 Futures: +69.63 +0.65% 07:59:52
  • TSLA share price: $1545.00 +28.2 (+1.86%)
  • NASDAQ Pre-market Volume: 321,325 @ 08:00 ET
TSLA.2020-07-15.08-00.png

Pre-Market High: $1,594.98 (08:00:06 AM)
Pre-Market Low: $1,520.00 (08:00:07 AM)

Comment: VWAP for the 08:00 minute was $1,540.11 so notice how some 'eager bear' tried to sneak in a Low low right after they were allowed onto the paddock? That's not Rich! :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
Well better than running-up pre-market above $1600 and then the rest of the day being frustrated as it's pushed down. Start low and end high instead!

TBH, never thought begin stuck in the $1500's would be so boring - it was that touching-distance of $1800 that spoiled it, plus the idea (in my mind, at any rate) that we could have kept going to $2000 on Monday.

Pffff!

I agree, another buying opportunity. I like the consolidation in the 1500 range too.

Oh, and thoughts on cost, switching to US market because I'm more familiar with the numbers (so the C segment models will be a bit longer due to their trunk, by about 10-15 cm or so):

Audi A3 Sedan: $33,300
Audi A4 Sedan: $37,400 ($4100 premium)

BMW 2-Series Coupe: $35,900
BMW 3-Series Sedan: $40,750 ($4850 premium)

Mercedes A-Class Sedan: $32,800
Mercedes C-Class Sedan: $41,400 ($8600 premium)

So, a $30k Model H Standard Range or a $32k Model H Standard Range Plus - $5k cheaper than the Model 3 - would be very competitive with the C segment premium competition, undercutting all of it.

Hell, I'd buy a 300 mile plus (well, more if it's heat pumped, but a Model 3 would get more range with one too) Model H Long Range over a Model 3. (I'm fairly happy with the size of my Prius (which fits pretty firmly into modern C segment sedan dimensions, although about 14 cm longer than C segment hatches), and I really prefer hatchbacks/liftbacks over trunks.) So, some of my advocating for C segment is selfish, I'll admit.

lol what? He wants a market crash? People will stumble over each other trying to take profits if that's the case. Capital gains tax holiday promote selling. Permanent capital gains tax reduction will increase investments.

My understanding was that the cap gain holiday was only for stock bought during the "holiday". Gains would not be taxed when they are sold in the future. Existing shares owned would be taxed as now.

She has no clue, simple as that.[/QUOTE]
Indeed. She must have learned standard stock valuation formulas in college. They apply (sometimes) to long established companies in stable industries. They should be tossed out the window, when attempting to evaluate young innovative companies disrupting their industries by plowing revenues into rapid growth. In the cases of analysts of her ilk, common sense is not their strong suit. :rolleyes:

She should consider reading the “innovators dilemma“ by Clay Christensen and
The “gorilla game“ by Geoffrey Moore and expand her education and apply it
To investing.

Blackrock guest on CNBC comments reduced position at 1000 ish shr price but still holds personally. Personalities trying to narrow down where he sold but he was cagey. Frothy seems to be the preferred framing. Seems fund was in and buying at $300 but out at $1000 for now.

So, left over 60% on the table. Good call!