Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW if teslas vision system is as good as that post makes it sound, then it has multi-billion dollar potential in probably a dozen different industries (im being very conservative there), that have nothing to do with cars or energy.
Its so frustrating as a brit that I cant get a model Y yet (I still have AP1 on my 2015 S), and that the EU stupidly dumbs down autopilot here, presumably waiting for germans to catch up...

Bingo. Kinda like Amazon's AWS. Amazon built this world class Internet connected IT system for their internal use and one day thought, hey, maybe others could use this too. Now they host about half the Internet on their cloud and it is a major part of Amazon's value.

It would be ironic indeed if Tesla ends up being the industry AI leader rather than the usual suspects. And for vision, they have a good shot at it.

Just spitballing here - the human brain uses about 2/3 of its capacity for the vision system. And it evolved way before language evolved. Very likely that once you have a good 4D vision system as Tesla is developing, you can use the same stuff for other things, like language. And once you have that, you've got true general AI.

Bingo. Kinda like Amazon's AWS. Amazon built this world class Internet connected IT system for their internal use and one day thought, hey, maybe others could use this too. Now they host about half the Internet on their cloud and it is a major part of Amazon's value.

It would be ironic indeed if Tesla ends up being the industry AI leader rather than the usual suspects. And for vision, they have a good shot at it.

Just spitballing here - the human brain uses about 2/3 of its capacity for the vision system. And it evolved way before language evolved. Very likely that once you have a good 4D vision system as Tesla is developing, you can use the same stuff for other things, like language. And once you have that, you've got true general AI.

Was thinking the same thing.. Kind of like how Elon thought what became PayPal was originally just some side feature of the original plan to revolutionize the financial services industry.

But it ended up becoming a force of it's own - got traction - and so he went with it.

Attachments

• tesla-model-3-coloring-page.png
    tesla-model-3-coloring-page.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 54

Will it sound like Root?

• Funny
Reactions: Cosmacelf
There is some guy logged into the company CMS at Tesla, and he is going to press the 'upload and publish' button, and more then a billion dollars will move when he does.
Reminds me of when I used to run the quarterly reports for the comptroller at a subsidiary of a large finance group... Sure, I didn't MAKE those numbers, but there was a certain gravity to running the reports.

• Informative
Reactions: hobbes