Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. I spent today selling (to open) lots of calls to turn my existing calls into spreads. I was feeling way too leveraged, so I more or less halved it by dealing with the calls. Downside protection. All the puts I have sold I left alone. I didn't want to trim my call positions, and the monstrous premiums will possibly mean that I make money on both sides of the spreads tomorrow. We shall see.

Perhaps I'll get to buy them back tomorrow at a profit and go back to fairly extreme leverage. I'm loving this for sure. My portfolio (mostly TSLA and derivatives) is now 6x what it was at the start of the year.

well okay but i've spent 0 minutes managing my investment and mine is worth about 4x what it was at the start of the year.

Do you have the exact quote? I don’t recall the 1% figure, but may have misheard.

In the end its a chicken and egg situation, the higher the volume of cars, the better the economies of scale and the more margin can be achieved, but if you use that margin to lower prices and increase volume, you can generate even larger economies of scale and even higher margins. It’s basically what Amazon did - at any point you can choose to slow down and take the profits from massive margins (Amazon started to do that in the last few years), but the incentive is to keep going for scale and increasing your potential future margins. At any point they could stop the growth and reap massive reward.

The alternative to the Amazon route is the Apple one, where you maintain your high margins and profits but the growth is managed over a longer period (eg slower). In my opinion Tesla share price is currently valued for the Amazon high growth model, so it is probably the best route to take.
I think the 1% was referring to profit, not margin.

If the TSLA AH increase disappoints you, forget it. This was a great day for Tesla!

Elon's confidence was at an all-time high. The path of continued growth to domination is clearer than ever.

Freemont will ramp to 500K/yr 3/Y (probably more when GA5 is finally finished) + 100K/yr S/X
Giga Shanghai will ramp to 500K/yr 3/Y
Giga Berlin will ramp to 2M/yr Y/3/?
Giga Austin (2,100 acres vs 741 acres) is 3 times the size of Berlin and should end up ~5-6M/yr

Just those 4 GFs will take production to 8-9M/yr by 2025/26.

Future GFs in Chongqing and Seoul should both be announced within a couple of years. IMO, good chance Chongqing is similar in size and output to Austin. Does anyone still doubt 15M/yr by 2030? Sure hope. These two may be enough to get us there.

I have never felt better about the company. The bull rush from $1,119 (prior to Q2 deliveries) to now is quite valid regardless of S&P 500 inclusion.

If the TSLA AH increase disappoints you, forget it. This was a great day for Tesla!

Elon's confidence was at an all-time high. The path of continued growth to domination is clearer than ever.

Freemont will ramp to 500K/yr 3/Y (probably more when GA5 is finally finished) + 100K/yr S/X
Giga Shanghai will ramp to 500K/yr 3/Y
Giga Berlin will ramp to 2M/yr Y/3/?
Giga Austin (2,100 acres vs 741 acres) is 3 times the size of Berlin and should end up ~5-6M/yr

Just those 4 GFs will take production to 8-9M/yr by 2025/26.

Future GFs in Chongqing and Seoul should both be announced within a couple of years. IMO, good chance Chongqing is similar in size and output to Austin. Does anyone still doubt 15M/yr by 2030? Sure hope. These two may be enough to get us there.

I have never felt better about the company. The bull rush from $1,119 (prior to Q2 deliveries) to now is quite valid regardless of S&P 500 inclusion.

Agreed. I’ve never been more confident about Tesla/TSLA, but the market reaction is puzzling.

I was curios to hear that Elon's biggest concern right now is, that their cars are too expensive. Do you think long term they could be aiming at lowering the Model 3's price to $30,000 and Model Y to something like $35,000? Would make Model 3 steal even more sales from the Toyota Corolla :D

I think this could almost double Model 3 demand to 600-700k a year from currently 300-400k year.
Model Y demand could probably grow from currently 700k to 1M+.

Agreed. I’ve never been more confident about Tesla/TSLA, but the market reaction is puzzling.

I would prefer a smaller gap up in the morning with buying volume and share price increasing intraday over a 15% gap up that's then subject to a sell off. I would imagine tomorrow morning is going to be a game of chicken as to how much someone can accumulate silently before the rally starts

Tesla profit and into S&P 500
Liverpool 5 - Chelsea 3 and lifting the Premier League trophy at Anfield
Sexy time!!

FFS, I'm working for like the fifth day in four months and can't even listen to the call or anything but obviously have to follow what's happening from here. But staying off any other internet. And some dumba** has to spoil something totally irrelevant that I also had to watch delayed today. Not once but something like three time by this message.

Folks, it's basic, very basic, internet etiquette not to spoil any same day sportresults on unrelated forums.