Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Rivian has ~$5B to stay afloat while fixing production problems.

2) Rivian isn't attempting Alien Dreadnought,automated parts distributions via conveyor belt system within the factory or flufferbot. I heard one of Rivian's engineers saying they are splitting the difference between Detroit's same ol same ol and Tesla's trying to revolutionize every aspect of manufacturing.

Tesla was batting for a Grand Slam during Model 3 ramp up. Rivian will bat for a double during R1T/S ramp up.

What? Tesla had already proven themselves with the Roadster, the Top rated car in Motor Trend history (Model S) and the Model X. Rivian has done nothing except for a prototype, which feat dozens if not over 100 U.S. automobile manufacturers had managed to do in the last 80 years without being able to make it into production.

Last edited:
What? Tesla had already proven themselves with the Roadster, the Top rated car in Motor Trend history (Model S) and the Model X. Rivian has done nothing except for a prototype. Which dozens if not over 100 automobile manufacturers had managed to do in the last 80 years without being able to make it into production.
At least Rivian is light years ahead of NK** :)

Wow, reading a bunch of cricket posts here..lol.

You guys should always keep on the look out for other companies just to make things interesting. My Fiverr investment paid off with a blow out earnings. I was almost regretting selling some 39 Tesla shares at 700 to buy Fiverr at 45.

Ummm...this is the TSLA board. I have a few nice doubles and triples in the last year but I don't post them on the TSLA board while simultaneously berating every member for not widening their horizons! :rolleyes: Because I don't know what other members are doing with non-TSLA investments.

All of my recent big winners I consider more speculative and risky than TSLA. This market has a way of making most investors feel like they are God's gift to investing. But I'm glad it worked out for you. ;)

Ummm...this is the TSLA board. I have a few nice doubles and triples in the last year but I don't post them on the TSLA board while simultaneously berating every member for not widening their horizons! :rolleyes: Because I don't know what other members are doing with non-TSLA investments.

All of my recent big winners I consider more speculative and risky than TSLA. This market has a way of making most investors feel like they are God's gift to investing. But I'm glad it worked out for you. ;)

"Berating every member" is stretching a bit considering my post was only a response to those who are bored. The above few post consist of elons bored face and some guy who wants to buy random calls for shits and giggles.

Are non-TSLA investments really called 'investments'? or categorized as 'gambling'? :) JK!!

1. I'm in Belgium, so has no bearing in US... In any case, I bought all my initial shares in my personal account, then the tax authorities here decided to start levying a "speculation tax", meaning any shares sold less than 12 months after purchase would be subject to a 33% taxation. At that time I was thinking to do some trading and found out that corporate trading didn't attract the same penalty, so I setup another account registered to my company and put a few €k and started to play about.

What I didn't realise at the time, was that any profits on this account would be subject to standard corporate taxation, and in the meantime, they abolished the speculation tax on personal trading accounts. In fact on personal trading account there's no tax due at all in Belgium, but hey, first-world problems, eh?

2. Advice? Buy LEAP during big dips, as close to the money as you can and then hold them as long as you can. You may well lose your premium, but with e growth stock like $TSLA, you'll make big bucks too. Also, when the stock is stagnant, sell puts and covered calls. For more info, a lot more info, refer to this thread: Applying options strategy 'the wheel' to TSLA

None of the above is advice, you understand, I'm just an idiot that got lucky...

Thanks @Lycanthrope. I will look up the thread Applying options strategy 'the wheel' to TSLA
You already mentioned one factor, the strike price, ATM. Besides this, what's the simple formula so to speak you go buy in deciding when to buy the LEAPs? I would think volatility is one key factor.

With this, at the least you would be able to contribute up to $56,000 pre-tax into you 401k. I guess, the downside is your 401K provider might not allow you to invest in individual stocks, I heard some plans allow that, not entirely sure though.

TD Ameritrade self directed 401k. Invest in whatever you want. Except derivatives.

Are non-TSLA investments really called 'investments'? or categorized as 'gambling'? :) JK!!
Don’t know where you are coming from but most, I would say at least 80%, of the posts on this board are from gamblers. I.e., options and short term stock traders. I am quite sick of reading about those who own one (1) call or have sold one put, etc. Who cares? Let’s get back to what this board is all about: investors (long term owners) sharing meaningful information about their investments.

I probably am. But I believe in the mission.
But if you're on margin (which you must be or you wouldn't have received that email), you can actually buy MORE Tesla by, for example, buying some ARKK (or something) to get back below 80%, getting the lower margin rate back, and then buying Tesla again. There are two ways to do that... (1) sell some Tesla to fund the purchase, or (2) call them, tell them that you're going to diversify, and get the margin rate adjusted back down first. So I still say, "Call them." Anyway, you need to do that to confirm that is why they adjusted the margin rate, since there are other possibilities.