Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the case today: the Close almost exactly equalled volume weighted average price today (100.005%).

I report this metric every day in "Lodger's After-Action Reports"

#EvidenceVsEmotion
What does volume weighted average have to do with whether the stock was above or below the previous close and for how long?
1 share traded at 9:30 $3 below previous close. 1 share traded at 3:58 $1 above previous close. Then 1 share traded at 3:59 $1 below previous close. Majority of day in the red, vwap=new close.
Move second trade to 9:31, same vwap, different optics.
Shift everything by the same amount, can be green or red...

#applesVsOranges

SmartSelect_20200805-221848_TD Ameritrade Mobile.jpg

I have a little more cash to invest in TSLA but it appears to be a missed opportunity now. I can't see paying 5x more for the same stock as I did a couple months ago.
Then you can wait a little longer and maybe only pay 2x more :) Hard to time a buy into TSLA, esp when you got in early...however, barring some world disaster, i do not think it will reach triple digits again in this lifetime (Not professional advice...obviously) :)

I have a little more cash to invest in TSLA but it appears to be a missed opportunity now. I can't see paying 5x more for the same stock as I did a couple months ago.

My biggest investing mistake was after the 2008 crisis was just over, in not buying more FB MSFT AAPL NFLX AMZN GOOGL because they were getting too expensive. I had all of them, but what is the point of buying more AMZN when it's getting too expensive at $98?!?

Lots of regrets/anger for being short-sighted. But let it go and focus on the next opportunity with patience and discipline. I'm not making the same mistake with TSLA.

My biggest investing mistake was after the 2008 crisis was just over, in not buying more FB MSFT AAPL NFLX AMZN GOOGL because they were getting too expensive. I had all of them, but what is the point of buying more AMZN when it's getting too expensive at $98?!?

Lots of regrets/anger for being short-sighted. But let it go and focus on the next opportunity with patience and discipline. I'm not making the same mistake with TSLA.
I invested in AMD when it was around $4 a share, now I'll never have my millions.

Reactions: Yoona
Only people who support the WSJ with cold hard cash so they can write this kind of hit piece can read that link.

Wait...does that mean you help support the WSJ? :confused:

No, it means that I found the story on Google which, being Google, likes to wrap its digital tentacles around the WSJ’s own URL for its own story, such wrappage for all intents and purposes turning it into a Google URL enabling Google to snoop around and “learn” more about you and your interests should you click on such a link. Not that anyone notices or cares, as they blissfully click on the link anyway, a type of link Google calls “AMP” the official marketing name being Accelerated Mobile Publishing as if Google is doing us all a favor speeding up the web for us but in reality just means Google didn’t like what Apple was doing with Apple News, Apple’s version of wrapping its respective digital tentacles around an independent news outlet’s story URL so it can respectively hitch a ride with the poor schmuck who blissfully clicks on it unaware of what’s going on, or Facebook’s similar mechanisms for snooping and privacy invasion spun as improving the user experience.

I rather object to these digital tentacles wrapping themselves around news story URLs so I fetch my trusty digital machete and hack away, restoring the URL to its original unadulterated state and make it a practice to share story links on TMC that way (a losing battle, like fighting city hall, as I’m probably the only TMC user who practices such internet hygiene, but it’s how I roll).

The WSJ story URL I shared had been duly cleansed of AMP tentacles, but the consequence of that is that the WSJ, to which I owe no subscription dues, nor allegiance, nor claim any fondness, activates its paywall, blocking any visitor who has not parted with, as you say, their cold hard cash, to read such an article. In this case, it is my opinion they are doing the world a favor, but it’s worth Tesla investors knowing about the existence and timing of the article because it is influential (and infuriating) FUD published by the most prominent news outlet in the financial world.

Curious if people here have “In the event of unexpected drop buy / limit orders” that they have open where even if you are fully invested in TSLA now, if an unexpected drop happened - you might scrounge up a few extra bucks to buy more stock.

The stock price you would need tbe motivated to Go hunting

unexpected events might include oddball macro events or an ill timed / perceived tweet etc.

if so, what price have you set those limit buy orders at ?

If not, why not?

Last edited: