Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that's not a surprise due to the potential massive upside. The only legit reason to sell is if you need the cash now for eat'n money.
I don't know, with all the bad news and covid and worldwide shutdowns and talk of recessions and just the bad state of the world right now, it's not totally irrational to sell some. I've thought about selling myself. I'm super cheap and don't spend much money, what I've got now in TSLA I could live off for 10 years. Plus I make decent money anyway.

Everyone's financial situation is different.

Keeping the data from 2015 hidden....
Years come and go.

1iuq7c.jpg

Cheers!

Coincide with end of Q3, nothing new.

Model Y is US delivery only right now

From what I've read Model Y's aren't being shipped from US to EU. EU customers have to wait until Berlin GF is built and producing cars. Tesla might change it's mind in the near future, but for now no MYs for EU.
Right, but since they have more packs dedicated to the US now, it should shorten the wait time across the board, no?

• Disagree
Reactions: lafrisbee
You’ll be sorry. You think the big deal was behind door #1, but that was the booby prize door.

BTW, a person makes their own luck. There’s an actual recipe. One ingredient is believing you deserve good fortune; that you’ve been a ‘good’ person, worked hard, and therefore deserve to be rewarded.

Best wishes.
What is your buyback point?
Don't have one. I stay 100% invested based on "relative attractiveness." Right now I like BAM, BPYU, ROIC and SGMO better. If Elon delivers autonomy, I'd be happy buying back in at twice the price.

Sold 3/4 of my position today. Had every intention of holding forever when I bought it, but I'll take my 6x in one year and be happy. Other companies that I love with better risk/reward ratios. I'll buy again if the price/value improves.

P.S. All the island buying and happy spouse talk is bad luck. Lots of "former" stock market millionaires in the world.

Curious what the other companies are?

Reactions: lafrisbee
I know I'm preaching to the choir here (well, mostly), but I can't imagine selling at this point in time. I'm relatively new to this stock, but many here have gone through would-be bankruptcies, production hell, Elon's failed attempts at stock analysis, logistic hell, and a pandemic for goodness' sake. And now, NOW, we're selling? On the precipice of world domination? I've met many realists. I've chosen to be a dreamer and I believe it takes a bit of that to be on this ride. Sure, the $960 peak in September and the $1790 this last month were fishy to say the least, but it's not always about the money.

You’ll be sorry. You think the big deal was behind door #1, but that was the booby prize door.

BTW, a person makes their own luck. There’s an actual recipe. One ingredient is believing you deserve good fortune; that you’ve been a ‘good’ person, worked hard, and therefore deserve to be rewarded.

Best wishes.
I couldn't agree more. Most on this board appreciate the necessity for investors to fund a company like Tesla. Without them the "mission" could not be accomplished. But working, saving and investing in mundane companies is important too. Providing an office building for people to work in, a dam to provide electricity, gene research to cure disease ... all benefit society. That's how the average idiot (like me) can be productive enough to earn 50K per year in this country. Teach a guy to fish is nice, but lease him a 200 ft fishing boat produces a lot more fish. Part of that process is moving your money to where it's needed more. That's what I'm doing. And for those of you who think I'm trying to push the share price down, you're wrong ... I still have more Tesla shares than 99% of you schmucks. :)

FWIW, I was just on the phone with eTrade, discussing their Line of Credit program.

They allow borrowing up to 65% of current stock value, but less than that if you're over 80% concentrated into a single stock.

It was news to me that S&P 500 inclusion determines the penalty: -10% for stocks in the index, and -20% if they are not.

What I thought was most interesting, however, was that my consultant said, "...And of course, I'm sure that Tesla must be in the S&P 500 by now."

I just love love love hearing that.

Spending as much time here as I do, it's easy to feel like the whole world is acutely aware of Tesla's prospects, and that everyone is already actively engaged in either fighting for or against us.

Seen though that lens, anything negative can look like a conspiracy, and all good news appears already "priced in", but the truth is that there is still a HUGE number of potential investors and financial professionals out there who we have yet to surprise:

- People who know nothing about our potential index announcement
- People who know nothing about battery day
- People who know nothing about Tesla Energy
- People who know nothing about Model Y
- People who know nothing about Semi
- People who know nothing about FSD
- People who know nothing about China, or Berlin, or Austin

And, even more people who don't yet know the first thing about EVs.

There are real baddies out there spending significant time and money in opposition to our shared goals, but as long as there are still people making ill-informed assumptions about Tesla, we have plenty of fuel for our continued rise.

Bullish AF

You can sum all of that up as climbing the wall of FUD and ignorance.

A large portion of the human population seem hard-wired to not like change, and that dislike can extend to not being interested in becoming informed and hoping change is a long way off.

When you are used to hunting Wolly Mammoth, and someone suggests hunting Sabre Tooth Tiger, that change does carry a risk.

When Tesla first stated making EVs it was risky, lots of R&D was required and lots of problems needed to be solved.
Actual progress in terms of products and revenue was always lagging R&D and investment...

When you don't like change and are not well informed this can look like a problem that will never be solved. Being closer to the action, we know what progress has been made, and we know more progress is coming..

Yes, back in the day Ancient Elon was the one who suggested hunting Sabre Tooth Tiger, which no doubt eventually lead to better hunting tools and techniques.