Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long do you think before he also announces a stock-split ?
He must be jealous of this 15% SP rise in one day...

If Elon had nothing better to do, it would probably be pretty easy to bait Trevor into ruin faster than he’ll do himself.

Fortunately Elon has better things to do. Many better things.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but we're still $200 lower than we were a month ago.
dd.png

And then you see those large sell spikes that some might classify as conspiratorial psychological operations...

Which makes sense because if you're a whale selling, you don't do it all at one time. Ever.

(1-minute candles)

View attachment 575443
Throwing money down a hole.....fools they are (said in Yoda's voice)

14.25M, but yeah it's BIG.

Lack of shorters? Short covering? Lack of naked shorting by MMs?

FOMO is a thing. Now we got big players capitulating and leaving the field, I think.

Cheers!

14.25M big? Try 70M in a few weeks time! :rolleyes:

It will take some time for us to adjust to all these new numbers.

I think it will probably take a few months before we stop multiplying SP by 5 every time we see it. 335? How much would that have been in August? Errr, 1675.

A bit like the Europeans who for a long time kept calculating the amount in euros back to their old national currencies.

Congratulations!
I totally forgot the tool "call options"... maybe I should get out $30000 from my share position and try that.
Hopefully today is not a "Once in a life time" event.

if you havent done options before, be carefull. Start smal.

I had 2k in calls when we got q2 delivery numbers, which turned to 79k and I held through ER which was too god to cash out on.. and held all the way down town to 1k and now its 5k.. Its a rollercoaster full of hindsight and regret. :-D

I had 2k in calls when we got q2 delivery numbers, which turned to 79k and I held through ER which was too god to cash out on.. and held all the way down town to 1k and now its 5k.. Its a rollercoaster full of hindsight and regret. :-D
$2k to $79k? I love $TSLA and all...but *sugar*....$77k return on $2k? I would have been gone and running naked down the street screaming "I LOVE ELON!!"

I can't imagine that level of emotion with that much money. Cocaine probably the same feeling but cheaper.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
How does it force their hand? Sorry I’m a little slow on the uptake...

Tesla knows that a stock split will increase the share price over the next 3 weeks. Culminating in more buying pressure once the split is complete and the stock price is trading in the 300-400 level, potentially even higher than 400

As other's have pointed out, as the share price increases, the worse it is for the S&P. Could be Tesla's way of saying do the inclusion now or wait until your Sept meeting and do inclusion at a much higher share price.