Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More Dishwasher OT:

Check out Fisher Paykel's DishDrawer. If you're remodeling your kitchen, you can set your self up with two drawers at just below counter height - and if you're a small family you may find you almost never actually have to put clean dishes away - just pull clean from one drawer and put dirty into the other. Swap when you run the dirty one.

Meile's are over-engineered. A while back they had a top tray for silverware and you had to place each fork/spoon/knife in its own holder. What a pain.

More importantly:

"Although we currently intend to hold the 2020 Annual Meeting on September 22, 2020 and in person, we will continue to monitor public health and travel safety protocols required or recommended by federal, state and local governments. If necessary or advisable to protect our personnel and stockholders, we will change the date, time, location and/or format of the 2020 Annual Meeting. If we do so, we will publicly announce any such changes in advance, such as through a press release and/or a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission."

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being a video-stream-only meeting.

If I go in person (and I live right here in Fremont so I normally do), I will be the guy wearing a 3M P-100 mask, clear goggles, and disposable gloves... :cool:

I’m as long on TSLA as you can get, but I’d sell a share if it would help me get my hands on a legit personal supply of 3M N95s or P-100s.

Not just WSB, also on this forum. Check out this post from last December :(

I warned him too, but I think he held on to the position and lost a lot :(

After Q1 ER he posted this:

You warned him proper and he didn't listen. Some people need to learn the hard way.

Here's the thing about options strategies:

People work hard to devise profitable options strategies but what they tend to come up with are strategies with fatal flaws they can't see. They can even work well for a year or two until one day disaster strikes and all their gains go "poof". The odds are set against the player by the house. The way to win is not to have a mechanistic strategy that is supposedly "foolproof" because they almost always have a fatal flaw. The real way to win is to have special insight into the likely future movement of the share price and to use this knowledge to identify mispriced options. You don't need a complex strategy, you just need to be right significantly more often than wrong.

The trade in quote I got from Tesla for my P85 was more than $4K higher than a quote I got earlier in the year

Ha! For me it was $7200 more! On June 19th I traded in a 2013 S85 for a 2020 S LR+ costing like $16K less (tax incl), and they gave me $7200 higher than they’d quoted me in Feb. My car on trade in day had 120K mi.

I think Detroit (and everybody else) needs to get rid of the idea that an electric vehicle needs to have gimmicky names, badging, colors, or styling just because it's electric.

After all, do they market the Chevy Gas-O-Matic?

I think they are saving "Gas-O-Matic" for marketing to nostalgic stubborn old men in 2028 who still don't want to buy electric cars that are far superior in every way except that they are not "traditional".

I enlisted in the Navy in 1974 as a Data Systems Technician. As DS I was sent to Univac 1710 Keypunch school. Man I’m feeling old.

dude, holy cow, that's cuz you are old, no disrespect. i wasn't even born until two years after all that.

in the late 90s i dropped out of college to join the first dot com boom -- a poet and a musician at Mary Washington College, majoring straight up in Philosophy of all things, terrified i'd wind up like my dad burying his best years in a cubicle. but then realizing that writing point-and-click adventure games on my 386 was taking up the majority of the time that i should have spent in the library, or in class. Dialing in to BBS's and teaching myself concepts like OOP and MVC ... consuming Douglas Adams and Asimov and Kurzwell when the assigned work was Kant and Leibniz and Hume .. it's not that i wasn't interested in the latter. they were just an additional step removed from the things i wanted to build. and, believe it or not, northern VA was a mini silicon valley at the time; AOL and Oracle and Micron and dozens of dozens of forgotten also-rans, many of which were way ahead of their time, but most just dipshits with too much funding.

the best decision i ever made was to work for a series of companies that all crashed and burned in quick succession. failure is the very best teacher, in the long run. it doesnt put you back on the horse. but when you find yourself there again, you realize your advantage.

well, that's how it's been for me anyway.

Last edited:

upload_2020-8-13_15-57-23-png.575955

upload_2020-8-13_15-57-37-png.575956

Look at that! In explaining deadly sin #3, Cramer couldn't help but to commit deadly sin #1 (No cheerleading)!

What do you expect? Its Jonas....nothing he says makes sense.

The AJ/MS Note includes this disclaimer in its sidebar:

"Morgan Stanley does and seeks to do business with companies covered in Morgan Stanley Research. As a result, investors should be aware that the firm may have a conflict of interest that could affect the objectivity of Morgan Stanley Research. Investors should consider Morgan Stanley Research as only a single factor in making their investment decision."​

Word. :p

Cheers!

P.S. In statistics, we refer to "Morgan Stanley Research" as a Negative Correlation. Ie: do the opposite of what they suggest, and you'll do fine.

P.P.S. The MS Note officially puts a stake in the heart of Tesla ever selling batteries to a 3rd party manufacturer.

I'm not sure we're taking the announcement of the Plaid Model S into account enough. Three days ago Elon tweeted a barely-veiled nod to an upcoming announcement "one day soon" https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1292997808576819200?s=20.

Originally the Plaid Model S was to go into production "around October/November". https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1173992505672519680?s=20

So the timing is right to announce it on Battery Day. Why not earlier? I think this will be the first Tesla with the million mile battery and higher energy density, so likely >500 mile range. No way that info would be released before getting a chance to better explain the new batteries. So on battery day, we'll hear about the new battery technology, and the new model that includes that technology "available to reserve now" and going into production the following month.

The number of positive catalysts waiting in the wings with this company is just amazing! And Tesla has a history of delivering on those catalysts in an outsized way (Elon time not-withstanding). I think we have been too pre-occupied with the hubbub of the stock split to fully appreciate all the good things waiting above us that are ready to drop down and surprise the markets.

Hopefully, the Plaid Model S is released in time to give the Porche Taycan a good ass-whipping at the Nurburgring this fall before winter weather sets in.

As of now futures are up. Sleep well friends. I exercised all the gaskets on the spanking machine so we will be running full tilt tmrw. If my funds clear tmrw morning I still want to sync up a TMC “Buy High, sell higher” multi user share purchase!
Someone with a little more clout then I should pick a time and date!

Reactions: Tslynk67
Yeah! Unlike their auto parts, Bosch dishwashers are the best! We bought our first in 1994, and have bought 3 (for different places) since then.

Edit: since already OT, an anecdote! (It's great being an ex-mod, I can break all the rules I used to enforce!)

University Motorcycle club, in Australia, circa 1980. Two members come to the pub... I mean meeting, with a story.

Pete: We were just driving along...
Mal: minding our own business, weaving through the traffic on Concord Road...
Pete: When we got pulled over...
Cop (to Pete): You changed lanes without a blinker!
Pete: Sorry Constable, Ducati, Bosch electronics, I thought it was working, I'll get it looked at tomorrow...
Cop: OK, make sure you do. (goes over to Mal)
Cop (to Mal): You changed lanes without a blinker! I bet yours doesn't work either.
Mal: It's a f***ing BMW, of course it works!

Not verbatim, but true!
You'd of had him if you would have had Lucas electrics...

View attachment 576108

133”? That’s all?

Excuse me while I whip out this picture of my 144” screen that I’m surfing TMC on at the moment after catching an old episode of The West Wing.

So, let me get this straight - today's most important discussion topic was "who has the biggest ........ screen"?
;););)

Edit: OMG - just read @Papafox stock update for the day and he too has posted a picture of his monitor screen/desktop setupo_Oo_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
There's a great big wide world out there for EV manufacturers. The key is to not be stupid with the choice. If you want to invest in another EV maker just make sure they're in a segment that doesn't overlap Tesla. FUV makes those little last mile delivery 3 wheeler thingys. Workhorse makes light commercial vehicles (do you know how many corporates have committed to zero emission logistics - lots). Both could have decent EV businesses.

Tesla will be at least 5 years before they look at light commercial vehicles, and may never look at little last mile delivery.

still need to do your own research.

Last edited:
More Dishwasher OT:

Check out Fisher Paykel's DishDrawer. If you're remodeling your kitchen, you can set your self up with two drawers at just below counter height - and if you're a small family you may find you almost never actually have to put clean dishes away - just pull clean from one drawer and put dirty into the other. Swap when you run the dirty one.

Meile's are over-engineered. A while back they had a top tray for silverware and you had to place each fork/spoon/knife in its own holder. What a pain.

Fisher and Paykel dishwashers have 16% service call in the first year. Miele 7%, best in the business. F & P have plastic interiors. Miele stainless steel. I don't have scientific proof but anecdotally Miele will last much longer.

Any time spent loading Miele silverware tray is saved unloading the silverware. And they are better cleaned.

But you can skip the silverware tray and get a Miele silverware basket if you insist on being wrong.

Miele is correctly engineered and have the lowest energy consumption with clean dishes. Bosch Benchmark "eco" modes use less energy but don't clean dishes.