Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wall Street is rife with fraud. Look at the 2008 financial crisis, that was a massive fraud. Look at Bernie Madoff, his huge fraud that went on for years, and was chairman of the NASDAQ during that time. I mean, there's so much fraud on Wall St. one doesn't have to look hard at all, in the news most days. Look at the price of TSLA stock--you can't tell me these huge swings day in and day out is due to efficient markets and a balanced supply/demand equation driven by Robinhood traders.
You just burst a lot of people's bubbles....wait....Wall St is a fraud?? :)

See? NOW yer thinking like a forensic accountant! MORE please! and louder, too!

The low-probability case has huge risk associated with it. People tend to discount the magnitude of risk if it is preceived as an unlikely outcome. I think that is technically called the "sub-prime mortgage meltdown".

Cheers!
In my , although limited to only 9 months, experience with stock options I think it is wise to take profit on option contracts regularly. I know it’s easy for me as an inhabitant of a tax-haven, but still. Take profits, pay the taxes if needed and just don’t look at those instruments as you would a normal stock position.

Then again, I’m a noob.

Reactions: Alphacrux
It's all that invigorating dishwasher talk and monitor-pissing competition that does it!

BTW, cheap appliances last 5 years, good appliances last 10, Miele last 20 - that's what you pay for.

Our previous Miele washing machine has 2 faults in the 15 years we had it - broken door seal and worn brushes on the motor. I fixed both myself. We upgraded to a new Miele for a bigger load-size and more features (mini-wash, etc.)

Another macro drop, so $TSLA follows, with a bit of help.

'bigger load-size' - We all know you upgraded so you can 'wash' all your $100 bills made with $TSLA!

• Funny
Reactions: Tslynk67
NASDAQ and TSLA looking similar....all over the place so far today.

I'm watching it closely and there are clearly a few occasions where they've shorted when the index dropped to amplify the downside, however, other than that it also seems to me that when the NASDAQ goes up, $TSLA is recovering much, much faster.

Again, don't understand why in the current situation we track the index - or maybe the index is tracking us??

If the macro turns positive...

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Not OT but not about stocks>
I really hate that one of my favorite words is getting ruined in my own mind. Naked. Such an awesome state of dress...and friggin the stock market makes it so sad.

But Now to the real deal...
"It's the Batteries, Stupid."
Fuggin A, It just hit me. All these cars are for the teenagers to giggle and point at. Or the teenager within us.
It's the Batteries. All EV's are just an extension of what is in the batteries.

POWER. All it is about is POWER.
You got power, you got the ability to do what you want. Screw having anything without having POWER.
Power/Sunlight does not need to be found. It is semi-available. Batteries make it always available. Screw the dust particle in a 100 kw car battery pack. Screw the car, whether it is an S3X or Y. Cars are only physical tools. Get control of the power. First Order Principle SH!T. Catch it, keep it, use it. Panels,batteries,cars.
It is not even the batteries...It is the Sun. Elon is domesticating the Sun. He is turning the thing man and the world have been influenced by on every level and every minute of every life into a utility. Quantifiable containers of POWER. Sunlight as a commodity. As an inexhaustible commodity... Sunlight, actually is not a commodity. Until it isn't.
And the big part that is missing (for now); Batteries...enough financially and logistically acceptable Batteries.
We are all ants, incapable of little else.

One of my favorite quotes is by British biologist J.B.S. Haldane: "I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."

A variation of this quote for Wall St: Not only is Wall St. more fraudulent than we suppose, but more fraudulent than we can suppose.

That's only true if there are not a substantial number of synthetic shares out there, shares sold short in a circular scheme with no real underlying shares to back them up. I think this is a distinct possibility. It's all on the trust and faith of the "good names" of the market makers who have been providing reliable and dependable service to the financial industry for decades. ;)

Heres how the stuff is booked in an entity’s stock record (which has cust and firm side that balance), which is a ledger for each security it holds (stk, bond, warrant, cfd, future, option, FOpt, whatever)

Broker A

Cust Side stock record:

Cust 1 – long 100 segged
Cust 2 – long 200 margin
Cust 3 - long 1,000 (750 segged, 250 margin)
Cust 4 – long 300 segged
Cust 5 – short 500
Cust 6 – short 400

Firm Side stock record:

Stock Borrow from various brokers – 450 shares
DTCC depository.free – 1,150

Gross Cust / Firm 1600
Net Cust / Firm 0

4. Dtcc ‘free’, a regulatory ‘control’ location for the brokers omnibus position is 1150, with all 1150 segregated for the broker…and unable to be recalled by NSCC for fails or loaned out by broker, etc…locked because customers used their own cash to buy. A stringent rule

This is generally how it works. Even the ghostly and ghastly ‘synthetic’ naked shorts have to be booked somewhere besides the short entity. Remember there are two sided of the trade. And nobody that buys will indefinitely sit with a fail to receive and take no action to recoup (brokers buy each other in according to rule 204, and often buy in B2B’s and Stock Loan contracts when necessary

for the split, it affects everything in the stock record

Ok have a lot of experience with tesla and market but cannot figure out trading from August 21 to the 28th. Who would sell a share for less than the closing price on the 20th since they will not own the share on the 28th to get the dividend. Who will buy a share for more than where the stock will open after the dividend? How will option expiration on the 28th be handled? Who will want to convert shares from in the money calls when those shares will not be split? I assume the conversion of volume adjustments and target price will not occur until shares awarded on the 31st

Here you go, clear manipulation...
upload_2020-8-14_17-16-52.png

• Informative
Reactions: Nocturnal