Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She's getting a bit tight, no? The lows are climbing, lots of pressure IMO.

I can't imagine how epic tomorrow's going to be...

upload_2020-8-20_19-41-28.png

Jumps like this seem more sustainable than a full out short squeeze

Agreed. It's tough to be rational with a move like this but it's sustainable when you look at the consolidation before the next leg up, nice pullbacks, filling gaps, finding support at key levels etc. All of these are good signs. Not saying we will stay at these levels but this is healthy. Amazing that a stock split triggered this run up. Again I look at the catalysts for TSLA in the next 6 months and wonder where this will stop. Who would have thought we'd be here at 2000 and we haven't even touched any of the catalysts including S&P announcement.

I hated that move from 1500 to 1800 on that Monday from a few weeks ago, it just felt like something was not right with that run but so much to like about this run.

I did some "thinking" and tried to sell a few shares at $1916 late yesterday, <5% of my position. SP never clicked back up high enough to execute. I think that's gonna be it for my adventures in selling, there's just too much chance of near-term squeeze.
This "thought" from a couple days ago, like nearly all my bright ideas in the investing world.....did not age well.

Sometimes my greed keeps me out of trouble.

Reactions: Tim S
Yes. Been a while. But I'm sure all the recent gains are due to AMZN having split over 20 years ago. Makes sense.:rolleyes:

The point is that without the splits, AMZN would be trading at 3300*12 (2 2:1 and 1 3:1 splits) ~39,000
Not many people can afford to buy a single share at that price point
I was not opining on the gains of AMZN due to splits or not...

@generalenthu : Fits your chart well: Not that I like Gordo........Moved my CCs up and out..again..now Nov 2250s (premium $204)
On Thursday, Tesla’s sharp intraday rise coincided with large trading volume in some significantly out-of-the-money Tesla call options expiring on Friday.

“Actually… someone is buying a LOT of 8/21 $2,100 call options,” GLJ Research founder Gordon Johnson told Benzinga. “This has been going on a LOT (i.e., someone buying way out of the money short-dated call options, which forces the person writing these options to buy stock), which has pushed the stock up consistently.

@generalenthu : Fits your chart well: Not that I like Gordo........Moved my CCs up and out..again..now Nov 2250s (premium $204)
On Thursday, Tesla’s sharp intraday rise coincided with large trading volume in some significantly out-of-the-money Tesla call options expiring on Friday.

“Actually… someone is buying a LOT of 8/21 $2,100 call options,” GLJ Research founder Gordon Johnson told Benzinga. “This has been going on a LOT (i.e., someone buying way out of the money short-dated call options, which forces the person writing these options to buy stock), which has pushed the stock up consistently.
GJ still has a job? ;););)

Reactions: FrankSG