Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day we hit $1000 I posted this

"I've been to the garden centre today. Before I left I noticed the price was in the 990s in premarket so opened my phone on the Tesla Marketwatch page. Every time I stopped at traffic lights I checked the price and it is was still in the 990s. When I got to the garden centre the queue was huge so I didn't bother waiting and set off for home. On the way home I checked again and......BOOM!
So I bought a bottle of champagne on my way home. My wife was startled when I got back - with no plant, but a bottle of champagne!
This one's for you Elon :)"

And the date? 10th June, just 72 days ago

Well guess what, I've just been out to buy another bottle of champagne! This time I wore my Tesla T shirt :)
Buy a case. Get used to it. We did.

I don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but Uber and Lyft are both closing down their rideshare services in California as of tomorrow, due to the judge’s order re drivers being classified as employees.

Not only could this have ramifications for the Tesla Network due to the vacuum left by U+L, but what happens to Tesla Service customers who were given U or L credits instead of loaners?

TeslaSugarDaddies.com would be a better service:

I just checked on godaddy.com:

teslasugardaddies.com is available
$1.00/mo $1.50
for the first year
Why it's great.

"Sugar" and "Tesla" are high value keywords, with an average sale price of $2,337.00 and $1,969.00.

Uses the .com extension.
Considering we have a filter here. Do you mean sugar or *sugar*? Not judging.

At this rate, we are going to be deprived of celebrating 420 again after the split.
If we lean on each other we can persevere.

1) Someone thinks TSLA will pop to >2100 tomorrow based on tonight Biden speech
2) They are buying a bunch of Friday 2100 call options
3) The option writers have to buy stock - that's what's happening today

Have I got that right?

That's what I'm seeing. Minus the Biden speech being a catalyst - this kind of buying looks to me like somebody that knows they're going to be buying a lot of shares tomorrow, and getting option positions in place ahead of time looks like a great way to benefit from that buying.

The 78k 2000 call trades makes the 30-40k 2050's and 2100's (each) look 'small'. Something like 150k trades - if those are all represent net new positions, covers 10.5M shares; that's about 5% of TSLA shares outstanding. I really don't expect that those 150k trades ALL represent net new positions, but it's still a huge amount of volume (and I suspect more than 1/2 represent net new positions).

The 2100's aren't being bought thinking we'll got $10 or $20 in the money - I expect they are looking for $100 or more ITM (based on that previous "bull raid" (my term) we had a month or so back with the $200 move on a Friday).

If only I had the courage of my convictions, along with a better than bad ability to predict direction, magnitude, and timing of the share price. (Make your own decisions, take your own consequences; my own conviction leads me to "do nothing")