Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, made a mistake on the addresses.. But to make up for said mistake, I went and did some fieldwork.

Incredibly exciting to see the battery manufacturing line taking place in a rather small boring looking old office block. There's certainly been some additional hardware put in the building but it does not appear to be substantial. Can't want to see just how many of the ideas that have been speculated about over the last year or two make it into v1 of the roadrunner project (perhaps we need a bingo card for battery day). I also hope that Tesla disclose a roadmap of future advancements they are looking to build into the cell (although that may be a little too open).

Given all the construction materials laying around i'm guessing that there will be some very long days for the roadrunner team between now and Sep 22. @gabeincal Would it be too much to ask for a weekly flyover of these buildings leading up to battery day so we can watch the progress?

How robinhood explains the split:

I created an account on there just to see the interface and got a share of Ford, sold the share of Ford and got a fractional share of TSLA. So now I get the split notification.

Also, for completeness, they sent a separate e-mail about the split for options holders (links removed because they look like they might be personally identifying):

Since you currently hold Tesla (TSLA) options positions, we wanted to get in touch about the upcoming Tesla (TSLA) stock split. On August 31, 2020, Tesla will perform a 5-for-1 forward split. Here’s what that means for you:
• Each TSLA option contract in your account will be replaced by 5 new TSLA option contracts.
• To account for this increase in quantity, the strike price of these new contracts will be the previous strike price divided by 5.
• Assuming all other factors remain constant, all other terms of the contract remain the same: the expiration date, the total dollar value of the underlying stock, and the number of shares represented by each option contract (100 each).
• For multi-leg positions, each leg of the strategy will be adjusted accordingly so your position remains intact.
For example: Let’s say there is 1 TSLA option with a strike price of $2000 expiring on 9/18/20 worth $20 per share in your account. After the split, assuming all other factors remain constant, that 1 option will be replaced by 5 new TSLA options each with a strike price of $400 worth $4 per share. As always, each new option represents 100 shares of TSLA stock, so the total dollar amount of TSLA shares represented by your new options is the same.
Please know that all Tesla shareholders will be affected by this corporate action, and that this was not Robinhood’s decision. If you'd like to learn more, we encourage you to visit Tesla’s investor relations FAQ page.
For more information on forward splits and how they affect your Robinhood account, check out this Learn article or our Help Center.
If you have any questions, please let us know here.
– The Robinhood Team

I think we're going to miss $420.69 out the gate, y'all. But, perhaps with the post-split drop, we may touch back there. :eek: It'd be appropriate, as that's the last price I bought a share during the COVID-19 drop.

I had a dream the stock was at $3,1xx Friday at 10AM.

Probably not gonna happen. Probably...

A $7M+ trade in the first second of US pre-market. This is very unusual.

7M.jpg

I understand, I just took it as a moment to reflect on the ratios and do a little mental math to see where we'd have to go. I needed a scratch pad and had to look up the top marketcap list so it didn't take much more effort to turn it into a brain dump post. Half in reply to you, half more of a "hmm what if".

upload_2020-8-24_9-17-14.png

Google sheets - google finance formulas and conditional formatting (multiple)

List of large caps from: Large Cap (Big Cap) Stocks — USA — TradingView — UK

Please let me know if you have a better source eg Aramco etc