Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Decision point. I have an immediate need for cash within next 1 month (~10% of my current TSLA holdings). Can't decide if I should sell today/tomorrow, next week post split, or closer but before the BatteryDay. Only thing stopping me from selling right now is S&P500 uncertainty. I know better than trying to time the local top, and won't complain if stock keeps going up after I sell. But every extra bits help, and I also don't want to be in situation of having to sell 15% instead of 10% for my needs, as those are fixed... Decisions, decisions...

I've long believed you shouldn't have ANY money in the market you need to access in 2-3 YEARS. If you have invested money you need soon, sell now. Not because anyone knows what will happen but precisely because NO ONE KNOWS what will happen. The money shouldn't be invested in the first place.

Last edited:
My biggest block keeping me from being more bullish is what TSLA means to me on a personal wealth level. I can certainly see TSLA getting to some crazy level like 10k, but seeing my own finances in light of that is the hard to grasp bit. That's not rational so I just make sure I'm aware of this tendency.

I just sold a Sept 11 3k. About a 2k premium. I wanted to be on this side of battery day, just in case. If I get called then I'm doing great overall.

I sold a $2500 for next week yesterday. It seems that is not going to age well :oops:.

I sold a $2500 for next week yesterday. It seems that is not going to age well :oops:.
If I get called I'll either sell puts until that gets called, or buy back in if the price goes lower than I sold for.

Why? How much do you pay yourself? ;)
I was going to joke that I would never pay myself because all I do is stare at TSLA, but that's far more profitable than my pretty well paying job so...

upload_2020-8-27_10-4-57.png

Why? How much do you pay yourself? ;)
heh. I get nothing from the stock. Other than a major distraction. I'd be better off if I could ignore it but even my small position has accumulated to some nice gains.

nearly two years ago when I first invested I had this notion that $TSLA might hit $1000/share at some point in the next five years. It was obviously undervalued and a breakout was inevitable, but when? I had no idea and was clear to myself about that.

So, yeah, I'm a little giddy now that it isn't even quite two years yet and the stock price has gone past twice my modest aspirations. Does this reveal how little I know about the stock market? I'd reckon so. I'm a complete noob.

I am the only one miserable right now...
A newbie stupid mistake is costing me dearly...DEARLY.
About $130/share since I got did the dumb move of trying to afdd a couple of shares by selling and trying to re-buy within 48 hpurs of each other....
You guys enjoy this for me. Vuz I can't. and I halfway called it.

pfff, $130 a share is less than 6%. don't sweat it.

Thanks, buddy. Looks like we dodged the bullet on Laura (by ~80 miles). Our neighbors in Port Arthur and Beaumont are in for a rough night.
Haven't seen all of this morning's posts, so I'm hoping all is well with you and your family? You're not near that chemical plant are you?

Just heard Port Arthur dodged a bullet, so that's good. Take care and prayers for all folks in the path of this storm...

Reactions: S3XY and UCF3