Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING!!!!! The cabinet door above her head to her left that is slightly open was driving me crazy! Is that her place? I expected someone like her to be stupid rich with Trump like gold sh#t everywhere.... :eek:

P.S. - I would still switch from Catholic to Mormon is she would move to Utah and agree to become my second wife.... ;)
And don't you eventually get a planet of your own too? Island? Island? We don't need no stinking island!

(my apologies to our Mormon members, just a bit of levity for AH's/no AH's)

Well, no S&P news...

Wanna see something ugly?

Bollinger unveils electric van and it's hard to get excited - Electrek

Bollinger-Deliver-e-hero.jpg
Not great but slap a Tesla drivetrain with 500 miles of range in it and I'll sign the check today.

Reactions: gabeincal and kelly
It's just 49 TSLAQ people amirite.

But in all seriousness, if we really get to the point where human augmentation becomes possible in the near future, the world envisioned by Deus Ex will become a reality.

When.

It will be a race between mechanical augmentation and genetic augmentation. People are going to do all sorts of things like add tails, change skin tones etc. Others will have robotic arms.

• Helpful
Reactions: UkNorthampton
Gigafactory Berlin:

Lots of progress, drive unit building almost complete, body in white area now partially roofed, paintshop progressing slowly (which explains why it was started first), pillars for general assembly being erected, press and casting both have partial foundations.

Gigafactory Berlin overview:

I’m happy to see the road course nearing completion.

Reactions: wipster
When.

It will be a race between mechanical augmentation and genetic augmentation. People are going to do all sorts of things like add tails, change skin tones etc. Others will have robotic arms.
My wife told me she put in an advance order for my augmentation. She wouldn't say what it was for, only that it was a gift for her. Confused. o_O

I agree that I also find it hard to find better investments. But I don’t think focused investing in Tesla needs to be YOLO-based necessarily.

On the contrary - we have so much analysis and insight and transparency into the Tesla business available to us. This makes it relatively easy to do an analysis and find that it is a quite low risk investment. This is a point that Dave Lee put forward in one of his early YouTube videos.

A diversified portfolio consisting of financial instruments that you have less knowledge of can be more risky. For example for market wide black swan events like the pandemic.

Personally, I am grateful for all the fine work people here and on YouTube that makes it easier to build deeper knowledge into Tesla’s business.

Thus, as a long I am not worried at all, except for not owning even more shares. :)

I think both the long / all-in and the conservative approaches have merit. All of us longs on here look like geniuses today. Unless Elon is hit by a bus tomorrow. In which case, we'll immediately become the greedy idiots we love to smirk at, and @captkerosene will be sitting pretty. In Rocky Mountain Paradise, no less!!

There are no guarantees in the stock market -
didn't you read the fine print? If TSLA crashes for whatever reason, I've still got enough money to retire (and my kids and grandkids too). Ask yourself, where would you be IF TSLA crashes..?

(Not advice)

I think both the long / all-in and the conservative approaches have merit. All of us longs on here look like geniuses today. Unless Elon is hit by a bus tomorrow. In which case, we'll immediately become the greedy idiots we love to smirk at, and @captkerosene will be sitting pretty. In Rocky Mountain Paradise, no less!!

There are no guarantees in the stock market -
didn't you read the fine print? If TSLA crashes for whatever reason, I've still got enough money to retire (and my kids and grandkids too). Ask yourself, where would you be IF TSLA crashes..?

(Not advice)
Your advise not strong enough. Imagine where we will all be if all out nuclear war over the weekend

Reactions: PokerFJÆS
Of course, and I absorb the incredible insight we receive here, as well as some fabulous contributors elsewhere.

But fundamentally I don't even need this, a cursory understanding of Tesla and it's just bloody obvious where we're going.

And, as you imply, why invest in companies you don't understand in-depth?

One thing I will say is that you guys have been a guiding-light in helping me hodl the last five years, through thick-and-thin. For that I thank you and if any of you pass through Brussels, DM me so I can buy you a beer (or 10 :eek:)

I'll keep you true to your word. Luckily you're rich, I like fancy beer.

Reactions: Tslynk67