Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does seem rather incredible that so many established platforms could be experiencing trouble executing a rather mundane stock split. To me, it lends some credence to the naked short selling theory - these platforms have tried to reconcile the stock after the split and something weird probably turned up.
Have any of you old time investor who have been though split's seen anything like this?

I mean it's seem like a large brokerage house should not fall apart so easily.

Have any of you old time investor who have been though split's seen anything like this?

I mean it's seem like a large brokerage house should not fall apart so easily.

No, never before. I've been through lots of splits and don't recall anything like what I'm reading about this morning.

See. Everyone wants to do what I do. I’m the newest Internet trendsetter and influencer. And it’s why I didn’t get the island (yet), but instead bought a mountain. In classic terms that’s called a head fake.

I'm sorry to inform you your mountain has been torched to a crisp in one of the various fires.

On the upside, now you can buy an entire mountain range.

For those of you (like me) that can’t access their old options yet but want to sell some, I sold 2 calls (Oct and Nov) that I had bought back around 1,500 this morning by selling to open 5 of the equivalent split-adjusted calls. So for an 1,800 strike price, I sold 5 360 calls. Once the old calls adjust they will just cancel out the sold calls from today (not sure if they will cancel automatically or if I would have to call the broker to do it manually). This way I could sell a couple calls today even though I technically can’t touch the old ones.

See. Everyone wants to do what I do. I’m the newest Internet trendsetter and influencer. And it’s why I didn’t get the island (yet), but instead bought a mountain. In classic terms that’s called a head fake.
I feel you're very smart for buying the mountain. When the oceans rise, it might wind up being an island. All other islands will be under water, like the shorts are today. :)