Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now I have way more TSLA in my portfolio than I like holding of one company (six figures). Any suggestions on what investments to buy if I sell a big chunk of my TSLA shares?

As good as TSLA has been performing stock in my portfolio there have been other stocks that done great. For example RVLV which I bought for $8.50 in March (now over $20) Great company which great balance sheet and management. Still has huge upside potential imo.

I hear that is a good paying job. Is it difficult?
Extremely:

upload_2020-8-31_14-7-51.png

I try not tell myself that I don't know what's going on, but the last 2 times I allowed myself to venture too far into lalaland, the rug got pulled hard. This AH doesn't make any sense, nor will it tomorrow if we open 4%+.

The whole market is crazy. With that as the backdrop, the timing of this run with all the catalysts like Q2 earnings, Stock split etc could not be more perfect. We are in a new bull market. No idea when this ends but this is insane. I have wondered about the rug pull for the entire market and thought it would happen in August. But like Cathie says Innovation wins during tough times(or something like that).

Tech continues to be strong and maybe more people on Wall Street are realizing that this time technology is here to stay. As for TSLA I understand how insane this run is but then you think about what’s coming up; S&P, Battery day, best P&D quarter....I mean I don’t know what to say, this is mind boggling.

BTW, Zoom reported earnings today and not surprisingly they crushed it, up like 10% AH. There are rumors that Zoom also could get added to S&P. Not sure how the market will react if there is an announcement for Zoom but zilch for Tesla.

Edit: I have a position in ZM

TSLA - All-Time Intraday & Closing Highs :cool:

--1.73% F
--1.61% FCAU
--1.31% NKLA
--1.30% GM
+12.57% TSLA

Curt, you only post those numbers on days when TSLA outperforms the traditional OEMs. This way it looks like TSLA is up something like +500% year to date and F, GM and FCAU down something like -20 to -30%.

Oh wait...

Anyone finding it hard to work right now?

Yes! Working is becoming ridiculous for me at this point anyway. A days work earns me Approx. £200. Sat mesmerised by the ticker today, I watched my TSLA shares increase by north of £200k.

I'm going to be taking a little off the table soon, probably later this week and leaving the day job I don't even like!

And all quiet regarding TSLA on the S&P 500 front....
If they have been delaying because they were hoping for the price to calm down, then they are definitely running around the office cussing today. If they have "decided" that the profit doesn't count because credits, they are just setting themselves up to be obliterated next year or so when Tesla is #2/3 in size and profitable by any measure.

Yes! Working is becoming ridiculous for me at this point anyway. A days work earns me Approx. £200. Sat mesmerised by the ticker today, I watched my TSLA shares increase by north of £200k.

I'm going to be taking a little off the table soon, probably later this week and leaving the day job I don't even like!
I like to say, sure, I like my job, but it can't be that great if they have to pay me to show up.

The whole market is crazy. With that as the backdrop, the timing of this run with all the catalysts like Q2 earnings, Stock split etc could not be more perfect. We are in a new bull market. No idea when this ends but this is insane. I have wondered about the rug pull for the entire market and thought it would happen in August. But like Cathie says Innovation wins during tough times(or something like that).

Tech continues to be strong and maybe more people on Wall Street are realizing that this time technology is here to stay. As for TSLA I understand how insane this run is but then you think about what’s coming up; S&P, Battery day, best P&D quarter....I mean I don’t know what to say, this is mind boggling.

BTW, Zoom reported earnings today and not surprisingly they crushed it, up like 10% AH. There are rumors that Zoom also could get added to S&P. Not sure how the market will react if there is an announcement for Zoom but zilch for Tesla.

Edit: I have a position in ZM
The fundamentals are rock solid, I agree, but this particular movement looks like someone is trying to force MMs to delta hedge. No reason to pump AH like this. I'm looking forward to calls being cashed out tomorrow and a consolidation (dip) which will be healthy.