Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mentioned this before during the toilet paper shortage... if you are a pre-Teslanaire the upgrade to Charmin is a good choice, but after that get yourself a Toto bidet toilet seat. You won't want to use anything else after that and you'll barely need any Charmin.

The surprise factor with a bidet is a bit jarring.

Have you read The Millionaire Next Door? Your lifestyle as described is how it starts.
You won’t be able to avoid it, from the sounds of it. You’ve already made a strong move by choosing TSLA.
I love that book! I gave a copy to each of my three kids after high school. One doesn’t remember receiving the book, but two read it and learned. Guess which two own TSLA stock today?:)

Many of the more sophisticated systems have functions for handling things like stock splits, but there are a lot of systems that require manual database updates and code changes that need to be managed and implemented appropriately. A "manual" update would normally include a scripted process plan with a scheduled task and dependencies list and QA/validation steps along the way. Depending on the complexity of the system and how good the system owner is at following and validating the conversion process, things can go anywhere from perfectly to poorly. The brokerage I use had all the changes in their test system (not prod) until early this morning when they migrated to prod and everything started showing up correctly and working properly. Did they have a sophisticated system with a split function built-in or did they perform their split process steps correctly? Don't know, but either way it worked well for them, but sounds like not so much for many others. I think it's not about software in its infancy, but it is about software/conversion best or accepted practices being followed or not.
Factor into this equation the likely proportion of their infrastructure written in COBOL.

I am getting quite annoyed with Fidelity now - still no updates on the Stock cost basis and Options pricing! How long does it take to get this done for a huge brokerage like Fidelity?

upload_2020-8-31_17-29-52.png

This is not a simple stock split. This was a distribution of a stock dividend, designed to shine a light on the manipulative practices of short sellers. A major reason for the huge gains in the SP over the last 3-4 weeks, is that those who have shorted TSLA under the Madoff Exemption have not been able to produce the dividend shares to the rightful owners at the pay date.. This is why many brokerages are giving some sort of BS reason why the dividend shares have not been delivered to the rightful owners. These manipulators are desperately trying to buy these post-split shares right now. They were due today, but the SEC, FINRA and the other abetting agencies are giving them a free ride for a few days. Those who understand what I am saying should be absolutely outraged about how our markets now operate.

For reference, here are a couple articles (dating back to 2012) on the "Madoff Exemption":
Yes, Naked Short Selling IS a Real Problem
Cat House Post # 7171

This is not a simple stock split. This was a distribution of a stock dividend, designed to shine a light on the manipulative practices of short sellers. A major reason for the huge gains in the SP over the last 3-4 weeks, is that those who have shorted TSLA under the Madoff Exemption have not been able to produce the dividend shares to the rightful owners at the pay date.. This is why many brokerages are giving some sort of BS reason why the dividend shares have not been delivered to the rightful owners. These manipulators are desperately trying to buy these post-split shares right now. They were due today, but the SEC, FINRA and the other abetting agencies are giving them a free ride for a few days. Those who understand what I am saying should be absolutely outraged about how our markets now operate.

Still don’t have my shares from RBC. They’ll likely wait until Sept 2nd to deposit them in my account. This really pisses me off.

Great post. I don’t own any AAPL shares anymore but has any AAPL investor reported delays with their additional shares showing up in their account?

Maybe not because it was a traditional split vs the dividend based split that TSLA just went through.

Reactions: Hock1
Ok, time to go watch all the tesla stock videos on Youtube....
Still not happy about being naive about the "Good faith rule" and locking myself out of TSLA gains for wednesday and thursday. And then buying back in pre-market because I FOMO'd it friday. Those 9 shares will never come back. I knew the MM's had been pulling th SP down to MaxPain every Friday for weeks. But I believed that the desire to get in pre-split would over ride the MM's drive for maxpain...Stupid me.