Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This battle between positive/negative is quite entertaining. Even if the stock doesn't end up positive, today was a strong intraday reversal where tesla decoupled from the nasdaq on heavy volume

But as I mentioned before, today is a great example of why you don't place artificially low buy orders and just hope it gets filled.
correct ... i never learn had limit order at $350 ... i am dumb ... dumb ... could have waited for MMD and and picked up under $375 and is remain stubborn... what i wrong with me:eek:

This battle between positive/negative is quite entertaining. Even if the stock doesn't end up positive, today was a strong intraday reversal where tesla decoupled from the nasdaq on heavy volume

But as I mentioned before, today is a great example of why you don't place artificially low buy orders and just hope it gets filled.
Totally....NAS and tech is oversold and $TSLA just went along for the ride...nothing significant other than the sell off and the wreckage of some 'get rich quick' mentality traders :)

correct ... i never learn had limit order at $350 ... i am dumb ... dumb ... could have waited for MMD and and picked up under $375 and is remain stubborn... what i wrong with me:eek:
i think I must be anchoring on my AVG purchase price of TSLA which is ancient history ... "must move on "

and now i am replying to my own quotes anesthesia has not worn off

I'm worried about Toyota. Today I found a new interview between a danish engineering blog and Toyota's danish press manager. It's uh.. enlightening, kinda, when you look at what the light shows. There's a translation here (google translate, but it looks pretty decent).

Some choice bits: "Toyota's strategy of prioritizing production for the most environmentally friendly cars, which customers actually also want to buy, has in Europe meant that we, as the only major car manufacturer, already now meet the EU pollution requirements applicable from the New Year of an average of 95 grams of CO2 per year. km."
So, there's no punishment waiting for them if they don't start making more EVs. Got it.

"It is also important to emphasize that it is first when a car technology is sold in large numbers that it seriously beats in the climate accounts."
Read: And it sure isn't on Toyota to do anything to reach that point.

It gets better:
"Toyota's strategy is that with the still limited material resources, we want to prioritize our production so that the cars that people actually want to buy emit as little CO2, NOx and particles as possible. For example, it is extremely resource-intensive (including lithium and cobalt) to produce batteries for electric cars, and you can typically produce 80-100 full hybrid cars with significantly lower emissions than existing petrol or diesel cars for the same amount of resources as an electric car. "
o_Oo_O:confused::eek::mad::mad:

I'm worried about Toyota. Today I found a new interview between a danish engineering blog and Toyota's danish press manager. It's uh.. enlightening, kinda, when you look at what the light shows. There's a translation here (google translate, but it looks pretty decent).

Some choice bits: "Toyota's strategy of prioritizing production for the most environmentally friendly cars, which customers actually also want to buy, has in Europe meant that we, as the only major car manufacturer, already now meet the EU pollution requirements applicable from the New Year of an average of 95 grams of CO2 per year. km."
So, there's no punishment waiting for them if they don't start making more EVs. Got it.

"It is also important to emphasize that it is first when a car technology is sold in large numbers that it seriously beats in the climate accounts."
Read: And it sure isn't on Toyota to do anything to reach that point.

It gets better:
"Toyota's strategy is that with the still limited material resources, we want to prioritize our production so that the cars that people actually want to buy emit as little CO2, NOx and particles as possible. For example, it is extremely resource-intensive (including lithium and cobalt) to produce batteries for electric cars, and you can typically produce 80-100 full hybrid cars with significantly lower emissions than existing petrol or diesel cars for the same amount of resources as an electric car. "
o_Oo_O:confused::eek::mad::mad:

We say Ford, GM, BMW are dinosaurs but really Toyota is the main dinosaur. They don't even try to make an attempt to appear like they are planning for the transition. They're the pure picture of sticking your head in the sand.

Toyota's fall will be especially hard on the Japanese economy and there's not much the government of Japan can do because Japan doesn't really have a lot of sway on the world stage anymore

I vote this the most orginal idea of the year. Why not cast the battery?! At least the two clamshells, and squirt in the goo then seal it tight. Brilliant!

Cheers!
Dodger, to be honest the thought process hadn't extended quite that far...of course, once the cells (bad ones culled in the conditioning stage) are life of car reliable, they should go in and not come out alla iPhone.

Will be V. cool :cool:

We say Ford, GM, BMW are dinosaurs but really Toyota is the main dinosaur. They don't even try to make an attempt to appear like they are planning for the transition. They're the pure picture of sticking your head in the sand.

Toyota's fall will be especially hard on the Japanese economy and there's not much the government of Japan can do because Japan doesn't really have a lot of sway on the world stage anymore

Toyota has the cushion of its home market which will never abandon them. But they risk being marginalized in a big way which was simply unthinkable ten years ago.

Reactions: RobStark
Toyota has the cushion of its home market which will never abandon them. But they risk being marginalized in a big way which was simply unthinkable ten years ago.

Japan's economy and population isn't big enough to support Toyota though. In a year or two Toyota will be at the point of no return in terms of collapsing on itself due to its size right now. Massive write downs of its assets as factories start to idle. Once that ball starts rolling, incredibly hard to stop it

There’s always Softbank to save them... until there isn’t.

Japan's economy and population isn't big enough to support Toyota though. In a year or two Toyota will be at the point of no return in terms of collapsing on itself due to its size right now. Massive write downs of its assets as factories start to idle. Once that ball starts rolling, incredibly hard to stop it

Toyota is still insanely popular in Central and South America, and parts of Asia.

It will be a steady decline, for sure, but by the time they would only be left with their home market of Japan, they will have made the electrification switch.

Sadly, they look like they are just wanting someone else to do 100% of the R&D for them and they will just join along at the end of the train.

Toyota is still insanely popular in Central and South America, and parts of Asia.

It will be a steady decline, for sure, but by the time they would only be left with their home market of Japan, they will have made the electrification switch.

Sadly, they look like they are just wanting someone else to do 100% of the R&D for them and they will just join along at the end of the train.

Yup definitely popular in those areas you mentioned and that mainly has to do with their cheap prices which Toyota can do thanks to its huge economies of scale.

But once batteries make the necessary improvements in costs, that advantage will disappear overnight. Battery Day could truly be a turning point for Toyota's future.......in a very bad way

Ford deciding not to have their own battery factory and now Toyota indicating they will sell compliant ICE that people actually want to buy (implying people don't want EVs). Legacy auto manufacturers are struggling for a go-forward EV strategy and they just don't have anything to compete with Tesla - it's already too late to fix so they are digging in. Just a matter of time now before many of them fade away in a puff of engine exhaust.

Which brokers or entities actually get to buy AH and pre-market? I placed an order at 5.30pm in UK yesterday for 126 shares @ £415 limit, but hoped to snaffle them lower than that. Throughout AH and pre-market they were at £380, but my broker did not buy until US market had opened and got them for £415, presumably on way down from the £420 spike - thought it might be more automated but presume he/she waited for their morning coffee.

Which brokers or entities actually get to buy AH and pre-market? I placed an order at 5.30pm in UK yesterday for 126 shares @ £415 limit, but hoped to snaffle them lower than that. Throughout AH and pre-market they were at £380, but my broker did not buy until US market had opened and got them for £415, presumably on way down from the £420 spike - thought it might be more automated but presume he/she waited for their morning coffee.
You probably do not have AH trading privileges. Here in the US, at least for Fidelity, you have to accept the Electronic Consent agreement stating you know the risks of AH and premarket trading and actually talk to a rep to activate your trading privileges. It also only applies to cash accounts and retirement accounts, 401k rollovers, etc do not qualify.