Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You probably do not have AH trading privileges. Here in the US, at least for Fidelity, you have to accept the Electronic Consent agreement stating you know the risks of AH and premarket trading and actually talk to a rep to activate your trading privileges. It also only applies to cash accounts and retirement accounts, 401k rollovers, etc do not qualify.

Ah - good to know. Cash account, but pretty simple online broker. Still surprised they did not buy between 9 & 9.30am NASDAQ time, but no worries.

What if it is in a high speed chase and battery is low? :) :)

Then the police driving the car did not do their job. :rolleyes: They have police Teslas many places and having the battery charged is just like filling up with petrol. You do it before you take the car out.

From an interview with one of these Tesla police drivers running out of charge is not a problem. Most of the time the cars idle/park while the drivers do errands, interview people or whatever.

What if it is in a high speed chase and battery is low? :) :)
We have one in our city, and the department has already established that the break even point in value comes way earlier than expected.
Just as if you were running low on fuel, another patroller takes over the pursuit. High speed pursuits are also relatively uncommon nowadays as they tend to end poorly and expose cities to unnecessary risk; also the outcome is similar to discontinuing a chase and catching up with the suspect elsewhere.

With some habit and SOP changes I don’t see it being a problem.

They charge To 100% in between shifts now; and try to maintain charging during the shift in case of that scenario.

Agree. Elon's tweet from July comes to mind:
Elon Musk
@elonmusk

·
Jul 28

Replying to
@Teslarati
Tesla is open to licensing software and supplying powertrains & batteries. We’re just trying to accelerate sustainable energy, not crush competitors!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1288265150928125952?s=20

Is it just me, or does anyone else see Elon's view on 'accelerate' vs 'not crush' as a reduction in ROI? I am not saying I don't understand his point...

• Disagree
Reactions: Green Pete
Let's just bombard the video with dislikes :D
But seriously, probably gonna be my first time commenting on youtube, ready to embrace all the hate

EDIT: comment is onine, feel free to add what I missed or correct me, as I don't own a Tesla yet :(

I'm not wasting my life watching that, anyone got the Cliff notes?

Alternatively, tell me what to comment...

CR are a shower of shite...

Any side bets going on S/P inclusion? Maybe here we could manage that without the MM’s interfering
Not that I like it but the idea that foreign exchanges would get a jump if it is announced today does make sense.

People who have issues with deviated septums take umbrage at your comment, sir.
Best thing I ever did was have that surgery.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see Elon's view on 'accelerate' vs 'not crush' as a reduction in ROI? I am not saying I don't understand his point...
I agree (with Elon/ TSLA BOD) you’re less likely to meet resistance and accelerate growth if you drag all the idiots (competition) along with you.

I don’t want to question the man who seems to be playing 3-D chess while everyone else is playing checkers

Then the police driving the car did not do their job. :rolleyes: They have police Teslas many places and having the battery charged is just like filling up with petrol. You do it before you take the car out.

From an interview with one of these Tesla police drivers running out of charge is not a problem. Most of the time the cars idle/park while the drivers do errands, interview people or whatever.

My dad is a retired CHP officer and back in the day it was not unusual for him to put 250 or more miles on a unit during a shift. He would usually have to fill up with gas once during mid-shift to make it until the end. Just part of the process and routine. Officers and crew would need Tesla operations and maintenance training along with required tools, chargers, etc.

There are so many mouth breathers who make comments like that. It's crazy.

Offer special discount prices to police Tesla cars at super chargers. Build more super chargers especially in higher crime areas.

Tesla cruisers will charge at these areas. Increase Tesla drivers safety and rest of area.

Win win win and more win for everybody.

My dad is a retired CHP officer and back in the day it was not unusual for him to put 250 or more miles on a unit during a shift. He would usually have to fill up with gas once during mid-shift to make it until the end. Just part of the process and routine. Officers and crew would need Tesla operations and maintenance training along with required tools, chargers, etc.
OK, I kind of need to call you out on that; I’m not dismissing that police officers are busy. But there is downtime and there are superchargers in extremely safe locations. There’s really no excuse for not being able to keep a police car charged and save the citizens of the community what we know to be a significant amount of money annually.

S&P better be nimble and announce today...even if they were planning on doing it Tuesday. Market could rebound decently on Tuesday.

S&P would not announce an inclusion the day after a quarterly rebalancing. It TSLA inclusion is not added tonight, it could be a while, like even after Q3 earnings are reported and SEC docs filed (Halloweenish timeframe).

First, which document? I found this: [URL]https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/documents/methodologies/methodology-sp-us-indices.pdf[/URL] but the line you quoted was only for the "S&P 500 Equal Weight Index," which is based on the S&P 500, but is a different index (see page 11).

If I'm reading the list properly, the last time the S&P 500 was changed was at its June quarterly rebalance: [URL]https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/documents/indexnews/announcements/20200612-1164959/1164959_correctedjune2020migrshuf.pdf[/URL] so it does seem likely that the next change will be announced today for the Sept quarterly rebalance.

Superchargers and doughnut shops should be co-located.