Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I literally spent $200 buying 50 contracts. If you consider risking $200 ignorant and reckless then we don't have much to talk about. If you want, you can take the other side of the trade since you seem so sure that my side of the trade is ignorant and reckless. You'll either be $200 richer or infinity poorer.

Do you have 23 million to cover the cost of exercising those?

I will openly admit I don't understand options trading as well as I should despite doing very well. I think you should be a little more aware of what you know.

I don't know much. But buying calls that I think could exercise AH seems like a terrible idea. I explicitly close positions like that to make sure that doesn't happen.

If you really want to buy shares and believe the price will go up, just buy shares.

Not advice. Just my opinion.

Many in the Forum have made a lot of money with options. Most agree that it is more stressful than just trading shares. Since I am striving for a more stress-free lifestyle, I will stick with HODL.

During the shift, they don't have to use SCs, They often visit places where there are public chargers, so they can always pick up a few miles while they are at those places.

Having a public charger encourages Police visits, a bit like security and cash vans say 'Police - follow this van' on them. In this town, some kebab shops give free kebabs (kebabs being the English versions of doughnuts). Scotland probably do deep fried chocolate bars.

The ideal it would seem to me would be superchargers and doughnut shops for motorways, with slower chargers located at kebab and frying bars in urban areas.

I literally spent $200 buying 50 contracts. If you consider risking $200 ignorant and reckless then we don't have much to talk about. If you want, you can take the other side of the trade since you seem so sure that my side of the trade is ignorant and reckless. You'll either be $200 richer or infinity poorer.
There are two possible outcomes according to your logic (which I don't agree with, but let's go with it):
1. Your options expire worthless, nothing much changes after hours, and you lose $200, or...
2. Something happens after hours, the price shoots up to $461 (I think you said $460 strike), and you are now on the hook to buy $2,350,000 dollars worth of shares. If you have that sort of money, and believe in your bet, you should have just bought the stock while it was still $418 or so. If you don't have the money, I think the broker just fails to execute, and you lose your $200.

No need for a response like that bruh...we're all here to sustain the mission and make some $ on the way up.
So the original post calling me ignorant and reckless is ok, but me responding to it crosses some sort of line? Not sure why I am getting flamed by so many members here over risking $200 on a short term bet. I mean, i've spent more than that in the last 2 months on whiskey to drink when TSLA hits milestone all time highs, and I know no one would call me ignorant and reckless for that...

"Thought we'd close at 420..."
upload_2020-9-4_13-1-24.png

"...but there's always the spoon with Grimes and the baby tonight!"

Link for S&P 500 News

Link to June 12, 2020 8:56 PM EDT (Corrected) S&P 500 Announcement

Last edited:
I have to hand it to my wife. Over the years she has given me so much crap for going all in on TSLA. Now that we have made a lot of money on my conviction, she is telling me to HODL through the possible lack of S&P announcement today. I was getting ready to sell 1/3 of my shares out of fear (and to secure my retirement). She said we have enough to live off of for two years and it will be higher than now sometime in the next two years. I don't know if I love her more right now, or just got my excuse for a future divorce... o_O