Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appropriate Title:

What Short-Sellers Who STILL Haven't Figured it Out...The Situation They Will Be in Post-BatteryDay

Now, unfortunately I've not been able to figure out how to extract only the video from the following, and that means when you see (and click on) the link you'll immediately figure out what it is you're going to see - which spoils the punch line -

but this is priceless. Suggestion: hit the head before you view this or you might need new undies.

Watch: 'I caught a f***ing whale' - Kiwi fisherman's unbelievable catch

I can't imagine expectations being any higher...

View attachment 590372
BIG Batteries, BIG Delivery Numbers, BIG Battery Innovations, BIG Battery Production Innovations, maybe BIG Announcements Regarding Deals With Other Companies, maybe BIG Announcements Regarding Possible Acquisitions, BIG Projections For The Future Of Tesla, BIG Azz Share Price!!

BIG Batteries, BIG Delivery Numbers, BIG Battery Innovations, BIG Battery Production Innovations, maybe BIG Announcements Regarding Deals With Other Companies, maybe BIG Announcements Regarding Possible Acquisitions, BIG Projections For The Future Of Tesla, BIG Azz Share Price!!
"purchased "Big" mine...or the stuff that comes from it.

To be fair- even most folks who pick stocks for a living are bad at it.

See how few "actively managed" funds beat a passive S&P 500 index over the long term for example.

(this also highlights how unusual folks that DO beat it like ARK are)

See also Warren Buffet who basically says to either find a very few very good and undervalued companies that you genuinely understand and invest in them roughly forever...and you'll be lucky to find 6 in your life... or just put it in an S&P500 index, and for most that second one is gonna be the better and easier choice. (indeed those are the instructions he's left for the trust that'll get his $ after he's gone)

Here is a cut and paste from morningstar analysis:

morning.jpg

Yeah you could say they don't get it.

Or just leave that market to VW.
i'm telling you, Model 2/EU is going to have a 40 KWh LFP pack that costs €2K and outperforms competitior's LiIon packs in range, weight, and lifespan. That's what tabless, Maxwell DBE tech will do for Tesla, and with Iron Phoshate chemistry/raw materials, there will be an UNLIMITED supply of bty packs.

Model 2 isn't gonna kill the ID.3 it's gonna kill the GOLF (and Model 1 will kill the POLO).

There's gonna be a huge need for FSD on Model 2 just to DELIVER all these little Fockers... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:
Well, he called it "internal semi truck roads inside a giant monolithic building". Sounds like a unique factory design enabled by zero-emission logistics/equipment delivery. Perhaps internal bridge cranes directly unloading flatbed trailers and transporting payload anywhere in the factory footprint.
Clearly this is a 2001 space odyssey monolith moment similar to the chimps learning to use a tool....
Google Image Result for https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cHWs3c3YNs4/hqdefault.jpg

Please explain exactly what this means.

AWS is Amazon web services. Despite amazon being known for shipping little boxes the bulk of their profit comes from this. AWS is basically a large portion of what people mean when they say "the cloud". Google microsoft and others also have these services.

One of the services these companies provide on their cloud platforms - among many others, probably including hosting TMC - is very powerful GPU - or in the case of google laos TPU - processing for machine learning model training. Tesla apparently also plans to provide this service with dojo.

Im not immediately sure I think this is a massive revenue stream in the short term. However, maybe they can charge a real mint for it. Or maybe this is a gateway into TWS - Tesla web services.

I'm sure there are many better thoughts than mine. One thing is for sure. Tesla will never stop reaching into new markets with Elon at the helm. Which is awesome.

AWS is Amazon web services. Despite amazon being known for shipping little boxes the bulk of their profit comes from this. AWS is basically a large portion of what people mean when they say "the cloud". Google microsoft and others also have these services.

One of the services these companies provide on their cloud platforms - among many others, probably including hosting TMC - is very powerful GPU - or in the case of google laos TPU - processing for machine learning model training. Tesla apparently also plans to provide this service with dojo.

Im not immediately sure I think this is a massive revenue stream in the short term. However, maybe they can charge a real mint for it. Or maybe this is a gateway into TWS - Tesla web services.

I'm sure there are many better thoughts than mine. One thing is for sure. Tesla will never stop reaching into new markets with Elon at the helm. Which is awesome.
I wish this could be a massive short term biz rev stream, but this seems to be built entirely on Tesla's own chips, per the tweet, and you really need to 'train on what you serve' so that severely limits their TAM (Tech Addressable Market) unless they somehow offer for purchase serving ASICs (which would be awesome) but still a very small market. Nvidia owns this currently with near 99% of the market. Happy to go into this in more detail if folks are interested in another thread

The entire market for NN training is not even in the hundreds of millions currently. But Tesla may have a 4x advantage over other providers with its chip and research into linking them together in a cluster. Tesla can use this advantage for huge margins, or drop the cost and increase size of the market. Tesla may spin this by providing more tools that make this accessible to more people. But here is where it gets interesting. Neural computing (and regular AWS style services) have huge electrical costs. And for companies like Amazon they are 'pass through' costs. Not for Tesla. That can be another vertically integrated item, Tesla Energy providing the power. Other suppliers NN training will in the end pay more for power.

Oh wait, it gets better. Neural training is a non-real time activity that draws lots of power. So it can be used for load shifting. Who else would be prepared to turn off and on this demand autonomously to generate more profit? Only Tesla. There could be a time where autobidder can sell power at 50x the normal rate. Turn off Dojo and reap profits. Or times when power is free or even negative cost... Fire up Dojo at maximum. Tesla could possibly get Dojo to turn down and up usage as fast as a battery too. So it could possibly be used for FCAS as well.

Someone tweeted this at me today after I said Tesla is wiping the floor with the competition:

You are joking, right?
Chinese, russian, conventional auto-makers, everyone is getting into EV. You, guys, are screwed

I'd say "screw me some more", but somehow that doesn’t sound quite right...

The entire market for NN training is not even in the hundreds of millions currently. But Tesla may have a 4x advantage over other providers with its chip and research into linking them together in a cluster. Tesla can use this advantage for huge margins, or drop the cost and increase size of the market. Tesla may spin this by providing more tools that make this accessible to more people. But here is where it gets interesting. Neural computing (and regular AWS style services) have huge electrical costs. And for companies like Amazon they are 'pass through' costs. Not for Tesla. That can be another vertically integrated item, Tesla Energy providing the power. Other suppliers NN training will in the end pay more for power.

Oh wait, it gets better. Neural training is a non-real time activity that draws lots of power. So it can be used for load shifting. Who else would be prepared to turn off and on this demand autonomously to generate more profit? Only Tesla. There could be a time where autobidder can sell power at 50x the normal rate. Turn off Dojo and reap profits. Or times when power is free or even negative cost... Fire up Dojo at maximum. Tesla could possibly get Dojo to turn down and up usage as fast as a battery too. So it could possibly be used for FCAS as well.

jesus

Elon's first major venture was a sort of Internet Yellow Pages.

That's right. The business model was that other businesses would pay to be listed in Elon's on-line directory. It was a hard sell because Elon was so far ahead of everyone else. Most people couldn't believe the Yellow Pages would ever go away and they wondered who would use an on-line service to find a product or service. People know better now.