Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh considering Tesla and Elon have never given any sort of timeline for when the new tech would go into vehicles, that's a stretch. Sure the media could try and portray it as that but they would have portrayed it negatively anyways however they can.

And I don't buy the preventing Osborne'ing because we're talking one day here. It wouldn't make any difference in saying the same thing on stage tomorrow.

In the end it makes zero difference to me if he states this in a tweet or on stage. Just peculiar timing if you ask me

Two things:

1. Even one day of orders can make a big difference to EoQ push.
2. I think Elon realizes the expectations were getting really high. So he is doing the right thing as a leader and keeping expectations low. Under promise over deliver.

He got it out of the way now to avoid this dumb over reaction after the actual unveil. Very smart move!

I guess from my view, there will be so much information given, that Elon saying on stage that very high production won't be reach until 2022 but that the new batteries would be going into S/X from the pilot line.....would be viewed positively

He got it out of the way now to avoid this dumb over reaction after the actual unveil. Very smart move!
Not really, it would have been sell-the news anyway as you can see by AH reaction. It only turned to sell the sell-the-news now.
I assume all the speculators get out before the event now, so what's left is real buying due to the importance of presented news.

My wife said I lucked out selling out at the close to close my margin swing trade position at $449.50 for the shares I bought at $448 this previous Friday in anticipation of a run up for today and tomorrow. Now it makes us think what will be our strategy for TSLA for the next 2 weeks. I'm thinking of swing trading TSLA later tomorrow to catch the lows for any good news during presentation and unload again for a small profit. We are still holding core shares for long term though. I'm predicting a sell off tomorrow and a slight recovery for speculations for the presentation. How much it'll drop tomorrow, I don't know. Guessing game.

Reactions: phantasms
Federal gov't reportedly offering $500M to bring EVs to Ford’s Oakville plant
Ontario government offering $500M to Ford to retool their plant in Oakville (just West of Toronto) to EV manufacturing, if they will take it.
Let's hope this goes better than the $2.5B Ontario government grant that went to GM to keep their Oshawa plant (just East of Toronto) open...they closed within a year of taking the cash.
Governments keeping legacy auto manufacturers alive. Much more to come.
Canada has a habit of giving money to industry. The only time it's really worked out well is the Michelin plant in Nova Scotia. (I don't keep up with this, so there may be others.) Government has a problem in that because they are using taxpayer money, they can't be seen to use it for startups, so legacy industry is about the only thing they can invest in.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
Not really, it would have been sell-the news anyway as you can see by AH reaction. It only turned to sell the sell-the-news now.
I assume all the speculators get out before the event now, so what's left is real buying due to the importance of presented news.

You realize that you disagreed with me in the first part, but then went on to validate my point in the second. Very strange.

Reactions: Gabos
Just to be clear, the information in the tweets is exactly what I figured it would be for timeline. Giga Texas has to be completed first(in mid 2021) and then get the production lines up and running before they need the high volume for Semi and Cybrtruck. The start date of "serious high production" is pretty much the date that Giga Texas get's completely finished and up and running. S/X will come from Kato Rd production line

Having said that, I still think the tweet is ill-timed. Elon just guaranteed a sell off(now 8%), just a day early.......instead of letting the totality of the information given out(at both Shareholder parts and Battery part) determine if the stock rises or drops. I don't think 1 day would affect any sort of Osborne effect. Most of the cars are already spoken for, it's the matter of actually being able to deliver them all.

What's an appropriate outdoor happy hour cocktail for Battery Day? We'll be doing grilled steak tacos of some sort.
Don't know in your case. I just put a pork butt on the smoker, so pulled pork with wonderful burnt ends and either a good stout or a bourbon or 3.

I feel the burnt ends are appropriately representative of the shorts.