Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got my limit order ready to buy at $405.

1ceac265cc584322e4439ff10812d668.jpg
Now you can make a more informed decision on buying pre or post Battery Day.

• Funny
Reactions: hoang51
Are you a long-term investor in Tesla who is miffed about the “timing” of the tweets by Elon Musk today?

This is information that would have been presented tomorrow, therefore it has ZERO bearing on the $TSLA price in > 1 year from now

*This is another gift from EM to long-term investors who thought we’d never see low-$400/share again!*

So stop your bellyaching and load up!

EM is not interested in enriching day traders. Live by the rumor, die by the tweet

FTFY
it has ZERO bearing on the $TSLA price in > 1 month from now... I remember lot of you folks went nuts when Elon said the stock price was too high and were packing it in for good ... many of you are back now .... so relax ... this tweet looks like a solid message to the battery supply chain that demand is long and strong

It's rainy and muddy again at Giga Texas today, most of the heavy equipment is idle. However they are still installing geopiers at the same pace.

Luckily that hurricane will move East. If it had lingered off the coast of Texas and moved further inland before makings it's move, it would've dropped a ton of rain on Austin and thus, slowed down development by at least a week, if not more

What are the reasons to buy 2% convertibles rather than shares?
There's no reason to buy them now. But back when they were $88 for $100 worth of debt, plus $2 a year for five years, and you were guaranteed to get that $110 unless Tesla went bankrupt, it made sense. It was like buying 5-year LEAPS that couldn't expire out of the money.

After-action Report: Mon, Sep 21, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Bears Hunt the Stops"

Traded: $48,235,257,786.41 ($48.26B)
Volume: 109,711,720
VWAP: $411.16

Close $449.39 / VWAP: 102.14%
(TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $418.746B / $183.731B = 227.91%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $392.40
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $224.40
Nota Bene: 3rd tranche of CEO comp. unlocked as of Fri, Sep 04, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 57.7% (57th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 36.8% (43rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.68% of Short Volume (46th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-09-21.png

Comment: "6% A/Hrs drop on B/D tweet; highest A/Hrs vol since 8/11 (Split announc)"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

Last edited:
Well I for one am glad that Elon tried to temper expectations for BD a bit.

I was telling my brother that it’s gotten so overhyped on CNBC and elsewhere, that the stock will sell off unless Elon comes out and says he invented time travel or something equally over the top.

Elon Musk hasn’t invented time travel, but he learned from a visit by his future self that he will at some point. He doesn’t know how, yet, due to time travel paradox rules and stuff. (Not price sensitive)