Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla adding to land holdings for Austin factory

Continuing at full speed with development of its electric vehicle assembly plant in southeastern Travis County, Tesla recently purchased 381 acres adjacent to its existing 2,100-acre site at Harold Green Road and Texas 130, deed records show.

Tesla also is believed to be pursuing additional land purchases in Southeast Austin along the Texas 130 corridor, according to local real estate developers knowledgeable about the area.

Local developer Karl Koebel, a principal with Marketplace Real Estate Group, said Tesla’s newly purchased 381 acres, which are along Gilbert Road and just northeast of its 2,100-acre site, give Tesla not only more land, but additional access to its property, since Gilbert Road intersects with FM 969.

“Being able to tie into (969) gives them multiple points of access” to primary roads, which along with 969 include Harold Green Road and the Texas 130 frontage road, Koebel said.
I think we don’t have a clue as to all that will be going on there.

When Elon described the long (electric) semi corridors running through the factory, I have visions of truckloads of lithium ore, aluminum ingots and stainless steel plates being lifted off the trucks by bridge cranes and delivered to the needed location anywhere in the factory.

Elon complained about factory wasted space during BD. Elimianting all the transport corridors from loading dock to destination may be his solution.

Excellent thought - this is the only way to survive. Adapt or get eaten.

For eg: see what happens with USPS and Amazon, it for now remains a symbiotic relationship but the moment USPS says no go do you think Amazon is going to sit and wait for someone else or do their thing and build even more of their final mile routies.
LOL. USPS needs Amazon more tha Amazon needs USPS.

Reactions: abasile
After-action Report: Fri, Sep 25, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Stalks MaxPain on Low Volume"

Traded: $27,061,843,150.12 ($27.06B)
Volume: 67,209,024
VWAP: $402.65

Close: $407.34 / VWAP: 101.19%
TSLA closed ABOVE today's Avg SP
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $379.563B / $185.483B = 204.63%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $391.78
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $233.17
Nota Bene: 3rd tranche of CEO comp. unlocked as of Fri, Sep 04, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 59.8% (56th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 38.9% (44th Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.55% of Short Volume (45th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-09-25.png

Comment: "TSLA Closes the week above Wed's Open"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

I saw an interview with a former Tesla employee who left 16 months ago. He said this stuff had been in the works for a while when he left. He said something like "several years."

This battery breakthrough was the culmination of years of work, so I am 100% confident that it will "work."

I'm hoping they surprise everyone and come to market in earlier 2021. I think it's possible.

I do. Do you seriously believe they would waste time on Battery Day discussing things they can't or won't do?

Can we please stop with the California bashing and snark?

Tesla has had tremendous support in California from individual buyers and government entities.

Texas is so much more business friendly, yet somehow...all Tesla vehicles manufactured in Texas will have to be shipped across state lines...

...because Tesla cannot directly sell in Texas, how business friendly is that?

Tesla's Texas sales to come from outside state despite Austin factory

Cities in Texas have just as much traffic congestion, and smog as cities in California

I saw an interview with a former Tesla employee who left 16 months ago. He said this stuff had been in the works for a while when he left. He said something like "several years."

This battery breakthrough was the culmination of years of work, so I am 100% confident that it will "work."

I'm hoping they surprise everyone and come to market in earlier 2021. I think it's possible.
I think it’s likely. BD seems more and more like an anti-Osborne exercise. Products are going to start showing up with new batteries faster than we think.

Can we please stop with the California bashing and snark?

Tesla has had tremendous support in California from individual buyers and government entities.

Texas is so much more business friendly, yet somehow...all Tesla vehicles manufactured in Texas will have to be shipped across state lines...

...because Tesla cannot directly sell in Texas, how business friendly is that?

Tesla's Texas sales to come from outside state despite Austin factory

Cities in Texas have just as much traffic congestion, and smog as cities in California

Hollywood has dominated the movie industry for more than a century. Despite the LA LA Land snarky moniker, the movie industry is the most stable business in the world. They simply never experience depressions nor even recessions.

Disney was the linchpin of both the cartoon and and amusement park industries.

Qualcom drove the cellular industry and literally transformed worldwide communication.

Silicon Valley is the hotbed of innovation, ingenuity and ideas that has been seminal to nearly every computer and Internet development for decade after decade.

Apple revolutionized smart phones and music industries.

The list of California companies — think Tesla and SpaceX — that have simply changed the world, goes on and on.

I do not suffer the small-minded, jealousy of lesser gnomes and critics.

Hollywood has dominated the movie industry for more than a century. Despite the LA LA Land snarky moniker, the movie industry is the most stable business in the world. They simply never experience depressions nor even recessions.

Disney was the linchpin of both the cartoon and and amusement park industries.

Qualcom drove the cellular industry and literally transformed worldwide communication.

Silicon Valley is the hotbed of innovation, ingenuity and ideas that has been seminal to nearly every computer and Internet development for decade after decade.

Apple revolutionized smart phones and music industries.

The list of California companies — think Tesla and SpaceX — that have simply changed the world, goes on and on.

I do not suffer the small-minded, jealousy of lesser gnomes and critics.

Why this is very true, every empire crumbles eventually.

Mexican laws state it can't be called Tequila unless the blue agave is primarily produced in the state of Jalisco.
Maybe Mexico will be the site of next plant ( and get the heck out of unappreciative CA ).
;)
Hey, stop being mean to us Californians. Yes, there are a few dumb idiots and morons who tried to keep the factory shut for longer than necessary. But the world is full of idiots and morons. Other countries and states will have their own different types of these creatures- they are not unique to CA.

No, Musk and his companies will not leave CA for good. By and large, it has been a great relationship- why spoil a good thing?

I'm 52, married, with no children. Trying to work out what VW think I am, I don't seem to fit into any of their silly boxes. I built my own EV 12 years ago when I was 40, then invested all my life savings in TSLA at 44. So, maybe I'm a pre early adopter, tinkerer? Oh dear, no box for that. I'm retiring from any work I no longer wish to do, financially independent as of early 2021. So maybe now I'm a "Sophisticated Best Ager"? Nope, still not old enough, and I'm not sophisticated at all! What a dilemma! I do own a classic 1954 VW, maybe that counts for some box to tick?? Nope, still can't see a suitable box. Better not buy a VW ID model then..:D

:p To you VW!

Edit: "Established dealer and service base" is not a selling point for VW, or anyone else for that matter!! What this actually translates to is "You have to bring us your car annually for an expensive service, (just like a crappy ICE) even though their is next to nothing to actually do to an EV except software updates. (which we can't do over the air, like Tesla can). And if you don't commit to our service cost extortion, you'll not get the needed software updates and you can kiss goodbye to your warranty."

Sooner or later, the majority of people will catch on to this difference...
Now that is forward thinking!

Reactions: Ocelot
Reports are saying world wide battery production is going to be 1.3twh by 2030. What Tesla announced is that they will ADD another 3twh on top of that by then which means all mines need to quadrupole capacity vs projection unless Tesla goes into mining themselves(which they question the validity of all their claims).

Li-ion Battery Cell Capacity Will Quadruple To 1.3 TWh By 2030, New Report Forecasts
Tesla has contracts with mining companies for the supply chain. There is a great podcast episode from hypercharge on the topic here: