Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is a pretty sure thing but I'm not sure about the time lines as we have seen, wall street doesn't give Tesla the correct valuation until they are like 150% sure Tesla is going to succeed in what they say, hence depressed stock price for 5 years and then x10 in 18 months.
I think the difficulty for valuing Tesla was it's profitability. The bulls always believed that Tesla would be profitable and hence the valuation was way too low for a company with CAGR 50%. The switch over to profitability caused a rush of institutionals.

It's probably quite rare that a high growth 20-30B revenue company is unprofitable for as long as Tesla has been.

Hey Elon , just thought we'd put this out here. We wait and hang on to hope wrt "hopefully soon" for India Tesla entry. Would love to hear of any progress in this regard.

https://twitter.com/TeslaClubIN/status/1311883771298234369

Next year for sure

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1311931936261263360

Elon is saying yes to everything at present...
It's so hard to fathom what Elon has going on in parallel at the moment. How can one person even keep it all in their head as such a great level of detail.
  • Largest rocket ever quickly being built and tested - potential to transform space and colonise other planets
  • Satellite internet sophisticated enough to bring connectivity to all regions of the world - potential to enfranchise billions living in regional areas of the world, and potential to change the equation of city/country living for millions more
  • Halving the cost of batteries - obsoleting much of the oil and gas industry
  • Building factories on 3 continents and announcing India entry - transforming the auto industry
  • Accelerating robotaxis - transforming ground transport
  • Boring tunnels - transforming ground transport
  • Neuralink - transforming medicine, communications, and potentially the nature of the human condition
  • RNA production - transforming medicine
  • Shitposting on twitter - something to fill in all that spare time.

Last edited:
Tesla had an end of quarter surge in The Netherlands. On the last day another 100 cars were delivered.
Top 3 of September:
model 3 978
Niro 740
ID3 610.
Total EVs 6071 , so Model 3 16.1% and it ranked no 2 of all person vehicles at 3.4%.EVs were 21% of Total person vehicles. Not bad. For me, Model Too can’t come soon enough, though.

I did an inventory check for Europe and see around 250 cars in total, that seems pretty damn positive to me!

(article in German) E-Mobilität wächst stark - Tesla wird vom Vorreiter zum Mitläufer

"The EV is now the new normal"

To date, NZZ has mainly written in an EV- and Tesla-negative/-belittling way. This article makes it now sound like Tesla is leading the way and paved it.

This article and the change of tonality across other media leads me to conclude that the narrative is changing. Inflection point has been reached or already passed. Everything will go quick now. Humans suck notoriously at estimating S-curve-shaped developments and most will underestimate the speed of adoption from here.

Can someone give me a compelling reason why $TSLA is down 5% in pre-market? I can only guess that the MM's are selling their hedges.

Stock markets are weird, who cares if Trump has COVID, what bearing does it have at all?

US Tech 100 Dec 20 Futures -259.00 -2.24%

Apply a 2x beta to TSLA and there's yer 5%.

Ask yourself if you'll care or remember in 2023? 25? 30?

I thought so... I'll be fine. ;)

Cheers!

P.S. And ooh, MaxPain is $420

Can someone give me a compelling reason why $TSLA is down 5% in pre-market? I can only guess that the MM's are selling their hedges.

Stock markets are weird, who cares if Trump has COVID, what bearing does it have at all?

He's fat, old and probably not in very good condition. A small portion of people with his profile and covid end up in intensive care and were that happen to him, it would cause a lot of uncertainty. And the market doesn't like uncertainty. The reaction at this point is overblown but I'm not exactly surprised.

The logic would be that with Trump being so unreliable, he might be pulling a rabbit out of the hat that causes more uncertainty. Market hates uncertainty. We don't know if Trump might be in Intense care or what he might do

Last edited:

I wonder if the plan for TSLA all along was to manipulate it before the P&D report is out? Regardless of the POTUS news that sudden drop last evening based on either the random regurgitation of Adam’s quote to Yahoo or the lack of S&P news seemed very much manufactured.

But then again the run up to 448 on low volume also seemed manufactured. It sets up for a really volatile day. If the numbers are in the low 130s then look out below. On the flip side if we post in the 140s I could easily see us being in the green and then some. Less than a couple hours to go.

ARKF is down 5% too. And ARKF 3%. From my watchlist. My guess is that "the market" don't like uncertainties.

Exactly this. Every one of the zillion players in the market has their own individual plan and an event like this throws uncertainty into those plans. Lots of individual assessments and actions taking place right now as a result. Buckle down or head for the hills? As for $TSLA, if the wider shenanigans take it below $400 I'll do what I always do with a big dip. Any guesses?

Exactly this. Every one of the zillion players in the market has their own individual plan and an event like this throws uncertainty into those plans. Lots of individual assessments and actions taking place right now as a result. Buckle down or head for the hills? As for $TSLA, if the wider shenanigans take it below $400 I'll do what I always do with a big dip. Any guesses?

Sell Ford Short ?