Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You do realize UE4 runs on millions of mobile devices, right?
I mean that's irrelevant, why would you use an engine meant for video games to run a car's UI? GM is obviously desperate to find anything that makes them look like an innovator when they are trying to survive being the Blackberry to Tesla's Apple, but it seems so pointless. Unreal Engine is amazing for making video games, using it for a car's UI is like using a rocket launcher to kill a fly.

Also Unreal Engine is not the major engine used by mobile gaming. Unity Engine is. They just IPO'd too, ticker symbol is U.

GM to unveil Hummer all electric truck Oct 20th. This is in hope to compete withe the Cybertruck.
Hummer Electric Pickup - 2022 GMC Hummer SUV Specs, News, Photos

Summary based on the article, and collective specs spread around previously:
- 1000 HP, 0-60 around 3 sec
- 200 kWh battery, around 400 miles range
- Up to 3 motors
- Removable roof top. Can be removed by one person
- Has "Crab Mode", to allow to move diagonally
- Adjustable air suspension
- It will have the SUV version
- Production: Fall 2021
- Also, Benzinga mentions will open for pre-order Oct 20 as well.

Hopefully GM announces a price for the Hummer EV that is competitive with the well-equipped $39,000 RWD and $49,000 AWD Cybertrucks! If they don't, this will be another nothing burger that sells in very low volumes. I want to see electric trucks and SUV's decimate the ICE truck and SUV market in America!

Speaking of foundations, that slab should be done in the next day or two. I'm wondering why that portion is lower. The foundation isn't heavy duty enough for large equipment.

One of the drone pilots called it a "mud slab' but it looks a bit more than that.

I'm wondering if the yellow crane might lower steel beams into this foundation, regardless I think more is coming.
With clay soils, they can shrink or expand if the water content varies, that may call for more extreme foundations, that were not needed in Berlin and Shanghai.

With the mobile batch plant, they are possibly gearing up to close most of the other Martin Marietta facilities on site, and demolish them, once this is up and running. The big shed in the far east (which has a tent next to it), is the only thing Tesla might retain.

The mobile batch plant is well thought out, and located in a great position...

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
89 MPGe always seemed exceptionally low to me. Lifetime average of my early 2013 S 85 was 245 Wh/mi. At $3 per gallon (kind of an average price between 2013 and 2020) a gas car would have to get 120 mpg as a lifetime average to equal what the S got.

That's awesome...
My 2013 Model S (upgraded to a 2020 in June) here in the Chicago area averaged 322 Wh/mile
I've been so envious of all you warmer climate people
My 2020 so far in the last 3+ months has been closer to 254 Wh/mile :)

Hopefully GM announces a price for the Hummer EV that is competitive with the well-equipped $39,000 RWD and $49,000 AWD Cybertrucks! If they don't, this will be another nothing burger that sells in very low volumes. I want to see electric trucks and SUV's decimate the ICE truck and SUV market in America!

Given Tesla can't build remotely enough cybertrucks to replace all the trucks sold annually in the US (and those with average selling prices well north of 40-50k) they don't need to beat the cybertruck on features and price- they just need to beat ICE trucks on features/price and they'll sell as many as they can build just like Tesla will with the CT.

I'm hoping for much more than 10% share.

/pedantry

I don't foresee too many different types of aggregate bins, as concrete really only needs sand, Portland cement and a single size aggregate.
In the latest video below (skip to 12:00), the drone flies around the mobile batch plant, and it can be plainly seen that one of the mixers has 3 belts feeding it, and the other has 4. Why would this be?
image.png

Very excited for this week. AAPL should drag tech through the roof and 3Q is just around the corner.

Has there been any chatter about a wildly profitable 3Q triggering/forcing S&P inclusion? We were dead certain about it last quarter, but not now for some reason.

Well, there's nothing that can "force" it really...

Some folks speculated Tesla was skipped last quarter because the profit was less than the EV credits-and this quarter ought be higher than the credits- but that always sounded to me like an excuse folks came up with after it was obvious it wasn't happening to try and find something to blame it on.

Microsoft was already publicly traded, profitable (every single year since IPO), and the world's largest producer of software for personal computers by 1987.

They weren't added to the S&P 500 until 1994.

I don't expect it to take near that long with Tesla, but I've long since stopped hitting refresh at 5:15 pm every day.

...Has there been any chatter about a wildly profitable 3Q triggering/forcing S&P inclusion? We were dead certain about it last quarter, but not now for some reason.

The S&P is an exclusive club that is only interested in admitting the true titans of industry such as ETSY. If and when doesn't really matter.

In the latest video below (skip to 12:00), the drone flies around the mobile batch plant, and it can be plainly seen that one of the mixers has 3 belts feeding it, and the other has 4. Why would this be?

2 possible explanations:-
  1. They will take a belt off their existing plant, when this new one is running.
  2. The belts are just sand and gravel, they only need 2 full at any one time?
I'm leaning towards option 1. as it is obvious the plant can more or less keep going while ever it has cement and water...

You can see that the excavations near the mobile batch plant stopped where the power line runs to the east.
This powerline seems to feed the existing MM plant. looks likely they need to disconnect the power to excavate further.

This is why I think the mobile plant will replace the existing onsite MM plant, once they disconnect the power they can demolish everything they need to demolish is my hunch...

The mobile plant is well positioned far away from everything else with good access, MM could easily remove it whenever they are asked to do that. But it will not get in the way of anything.

Last edited:
I see this post of yours garnered one disagree (captkerosene) and sadly I have to agree with him.

The money printing machine in Texas, funded by short-sellers, is not the size of Texas - it's only 2100 acres. Of course that leaves plenty of room to add to it when necessary but I doubt it will ever be the size of Texas. :(

/s
Lol, measured geographically, or by economic output? ;)

But seriously, once GigaTexas output passes 2.8M vehicles per year (ASP $50k) then Vermont is TOAST!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Given Tesla can't build remotely enough cybertrucks to replace all the trucks sold annually in the US (and those with average selling prices well north of 40-50k) they don't need to beat the cybertruck on features and price- they just need to beat ICE trucks on features/price and they'll sell as many as they can build just like Tesla will with the CT.

True, my concern is the price of the Hummer EV will not be competitive with ICE trucks.

The Nobel Prize in Economics for 2020 was announced 30 min ago:

The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel 2020

"The 2020 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences has been awarded to Paul R. Milgrom and Robert B. Wilson for work on commercial auctions. The American economists were commended for their “improvements to auction theory and invention of new auction formats,” the committee said.27 mins ago"​

Dam, I really thought Zach had a shot (fixed!). Well, there's always Q4... :p

Cheers!

In the picture below from the new Supercharger (and FastNed) charging location in Hilden, Germany one can see 2 large SuperCharger spots with the chargers on the "wrong" side.

Has anyone seen this in the USA already? What does it mean? Preparing for Semi in Europe? Who knows?

Credits to @CJA Hulskamp, captured from the third picture in this post (in Dutch): Tesla Supercharger netwerk

Attachments

• A2599680-6A58-42F0-B711-FE0018F3DCBF.jpeg
    678.1 KB · Views: 59