Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's first walk-down?

upload_2020-10-13_17-35-57.png

Again we are at < 50% average volume, so expect the same MM walkdown we've been seeing the last few days.

Need a catalyst for higher volume to hold onto these gains!
Green is still good, only a matter of time before the big boys start loading up prior to earnings. I remember just last week we were all bitchin about how $TSLA was down and $NKLA was up. :)

Reactions: saniflash
Well hate to give any credit to Deutsche Bank, but today clearly somebody is "buying on weakness".

Buying enough to breakup the shortie's attempts to move TSLA down against the macros.

Cheers!

TBH this is the pattern since P&D (political calamities aside), zippo volume, SP rises... someone is slowly accumulating.

Question is, who's selling?

Question is, who's selling?

With the volume of "spoofing" going on in the Pre-market, it's pretty clear its MMs+Hedgies doing the selling (small players don't have the capital to place 20K sell orders and then pull them) . Abusing their MM roles to participate in illegal naked short selling, for which they will never be investigated, since they use other loopholes to avoid Fail-to-Deliver reports, which is all the SEC cares about.

Tesla got it right on Aug 13, and delivered the coup de grâce on Sep 01 by extracting $5B of Capital out of those MMs who would cheat their clients by issuing counterfeit shares.. The SEC will never enforce their own rules; those rules are mostly designed to provide cover for thos counterfeiting / racketeering operations conducted by certain MMs.

Did I miss anything? ;)

Cheers!

We went over all this several days ago when Gigagrunt provided us the limiting factor for Freemont- currently only able to produce ~7.2k cars per week of battery packs for 3/Y.

I mentioned 4xxx weekly in China at the time and one guy insisted he heard is was 6xxx which obviously turned out to be incorrect.

13 weeks at 7.2k a week is 93,600 3/Y from freemont.... adding the 50k from china # that still leaves Tesla 37.4k short... which is slightly more than double the production rate of S/X in any quarter of 2020 so far.... (and indeed higher than quarterly S/X build by 50% even before the 3 began stealing sales from them)

17.4k is probably more realistic for S/X based on 2020 numbers.... so that least Tesla about 20k cars short of hitting 500k for the year.

Given they lost about 50k of Fremont production during the Covid shutdown I certainly don't consider this as a real miss of the original 500k guidance....without that they'd easily have gotten nearer 550k than 500

(and maybe they'll magically find a way to build 20k extra cars somehow though I'm pretty dubious of something like a 3rd shift in China getting quite THAT many out in that time period- I suppose if a TON of Q4 builds are SRs in the US that'll help too, as GG mentioned they could get as high as 8000/week packs if that were the case but it hasn't been to this point).

Even 20k short that leaves them at 160k which would be another new record (and likely a new delivery record as well depending how much of that production can get to a customer by Dec 31)
Good analysis. I’d note that the numbers you site are primarily based on battery and pack production. The new SR+ would allow 20% more cars to be built, by reducing required cells per car, but the uptake likely limits the impact to an added 2000 cars, assuming 10,000 SR+ purchases. The Panasonic 5% density increase, if used to decrease cells per car, instead of increasing range would add up to 4650 new packs available, but that is not likely on all lines in Q4. Assume 2.5% increase to add 2340 packs. That gets 3Y Fremont production to 97,400. Add 17,000 SX and that’s 114,000 from USA. If Shanghai is stuck at 4000, they are at 52,000 + 114,000. If they have batteries, which I think likely, they can build 5000 cars a week in Shanghai to get to 65,000 plus 114,000 or 179,000, which is about 497,000 deliveries. Maybe they can clear out inventory and deliver a few thousand more than production, but my estimate assumes CATL, LG and Panasonic all nail their production and delivery targets.
Ragardless of final numbers, earnings should be great and way above reg credits, for any concern trolls.

F
With the volume of "spoofing" going on in the Pre-market, it's pretty clear its MMs+Hedgies doing the selling (small players don't have the capital to place 20K sell orders and then pull them) . Abusing their MM roles to participate in illegal naked short selling, for which they will never be investigated, since they use other loopholes to avoid Fail-to-Deliver reports, which is all the SEC cares about.

Tesla got it right on Aug 13, and delivered the coup de grâce on Sep 01 by extracting $5B of Capital out of those MMs who would cheat their clients by issuing counterfeit shares.. The SEC will never enforce their own rules; those rules are mostly designed to provide cover for thos counterfeiting / racketeering operations conducted by certain MMs.

Did I miss anything? ;)

Cheers!
Maybe... Are you able to post who these people are specifically?
I'd love to have more information

Something that has been bothering me about the options chain this week are the $800 puts. I thought puts were traded below the current stock price with the buyer believing that the stock price would drop below the strike. The $800 puts show an ask of $360 which is just about the difference between yesterday's close and $800. Okay, I guess I get that: its a net nothing? Would those have been originally sold for whatever was the current delta between price and strike? If so, why would anyone buy them?

You are looking at Puts, which are ITM when the strike is above the share price. So an $800 strike put with a share price of $440 should have a premium of $360 plus whatever time premium there is. For a put that is that deep ITM, I expect there is very little time premium.

That put is, in effect, a ~50/50 leverage short position.

The calls might be what you want to be looking at. That 800 strike calls is $360 OTM and all of its premium is time value.

You would buy them because you want to take a short position but you don't want to borrow and sell shares short. That put provides you with leverage to the downside and possibly a cheaper "borrow" rate than selling shares.

I have sold reasonably deep ITM puts to capture a larger premium at a strike I expect to be OTM by the time the option expires (600 strike Sep 21 puts in my case).

F

Maybe... Are you able to post who these people are specifically?
I'd love to have more information

Federal civil law prevents discovery without filing a lawsuit. Federal securities law prevents filing a lawsuit without evidence. So, no.

AGAIN: Tesla did the ONLY thing that is possible. They spanked the counterfeiters and took their ill gotten gains. Only Tesla has the sovereign right to issue new TSLA shares. By creating the stock dividend, Tesla was able to smoke out the MMs+Hedgies that were creating counterfeit shares while hiding behind the secrecy offered by their positions of priviledge in the Market.

That's all the justice you will ever get on Wall St, and better than a fine since the proceeds go to funding Tesla's mission, not to those co-conspirators at the SEC. I believe I said this on Aug 13.

Do you need a link? I've been fairly consistant if you read my comments.

Last edited:
So new iPhones suck then?

Federal civil law prevents discovery without filing a lawsuit. Federal securities law prevents filing a lawsuit without evidence. So, no.

AGAIN: Tesla did the ONLY thing that is possible. They spanked the counterfeiters and took their ill gotten gains.

And that's all the justice you will ever get. I believe I said this on Aug 13. Do you need a link? I've been fairly consistant if you read my comments.

Why didn't Tesla just let it squeeze some more? They did the MM's a favour.

Reactions: Drumheller
Well, well. A rookie NFL player has been bribed by Lordstown Motors to endorse its electric pickup truck that is not yet being produced. :rolleyes:

Tesla does not advertise or pay for endorsements, but smiles at anyone who is so impressed after driving their cars that they will freely offer praise. :cool:

Benzinga - half hour ago: Lordstown Motors Taps Joe Burrow As Celebrity Spokesman For Endurance Truck

Why didn't Tesla just let it squeeze some more?

How much is enough? Tesla knows how much capital they need, we do not. But we can guess based on costs at Berlin and Shanghai (which are both already fully funded) that Austin will be well covered by $5B with extra for rapid expansion of bty production.

BTW, $5B is also about half of Tesla's long-term debt. Since they are putting that money to work quickly, it will futher benefit the company (and we shareholders) by helping Tesla retire or outgrow their debt.

I'm very pleased with the outcome, and I'm certain it advances the mission of accelerating the World's transition to sustainable energy.

Which is why I'm here, and why I own TSLA. :D

They did the MM's a favour.

Yeah, the price of that favour started at $550. Recall the Cap Raise in March was at about $253/share (split adjusted) and the Cap Raise in 2019Q2 was at about $53/share. That's your 10x 10-bagger right there! Well done, Zach and Hiro!

I hope we'll learn more in the 10-Q which should be out around Oct 28ish (1 wk post earnings). If it turns out the ASP for new shares issued Sep 1-4 turns out to be substantianlly higher than the ASP for those 4 days, then we can conclude MOST of those shares were sold directly to the 10 MMs named as the Investment Banks handling the $5B Cap Raise. There's your list of "usual suspects" right there!

Cheers!

Last edited: