Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're assuming there'll be a result on the 4th already. I hope for clarity and stability there is.

Whatever the result, I pine for normal, boring politics, like to good old days...

Looks like someone started buying in the last two minutes...

The turnout, lines of people voting early, is very encouraging. My hope is that we a tsunami of voting and a clear indication on election night.

What I would say to all Americans? Vote!

The turnout, lines of people voting early, is very encouraging. My hope is that we a tsunami of voting and a clear indication on election night.

Indeed, it warms my heart to see people queuing for hours to exercise their democratic right to vote - regardless for whom they're voting for.

Lest it be forgotten, millions lost their lives defending our freedom.

But in parallel, it makes me mad to see people queuing for hours to vote. Here in Europe, we get a card through the post telling us where to vote, we go on the day, cast our vote - usually in a local school with polling booths, and it takes 5 minutes. The day of the vote is usually on a public holiday or weekend.

Last edited:
Trefis published two articles today, one on TSLA’s potential upside ($1000 share price) and one counter argument showing a potential downside scenario ($150 share price):

Tesla Upside: How Tesla Gets To A $1 Trillion Market Cap | Trefis

Telsa Downside: How Tesla Stock Fall Below $150 | Trefis

E*Trade newsfeed of course elected to only include the potential downside scenario article and headline. You have to wonder: why does E*Trade not want their clients to read the upside scenario? (Hint: E*Trade was recently acquired by Morgan Stanley, employer of the influential bull-turned-bear paid-for-by-the-automotive-industry analyst Adam Jonas.)

Which is why (and several other reasons) I packed up my individual and IRA accounts and initiated a move to IBKR. :rolleyes:

Come on Tesla!

Tesla didn't pay their water bills in Berlin, now the utility cuts the water supply until they get paid.
Tesla got several warnings.

This is just an unnecessary invitation for all the "Tesla kills the groundwater" critics. Which is the main argument against Teslas factory.

And the construction may be interrupted!

Google Übersetzer

Indeed, it warms my heart to see people queuing for hours to exercise their democratic right to vote - regardless for whom they're voting for.

Lest it be forgotten, millions lost their lives defending our freedom.

But in parallel, it makes me mad to see people queuing for hours to vote. Here in Europe, we get a card through the post telling us where to vote, we go on the day, cast our vote - usually in a local school with polling booths, and it takes 5 minutes. The day of the vote is usually on a public holiday or weekend.
It's similar in Australia, except voting is mandatory and we also get a democracy sausage

Indeed, it warms my heart to see people queuing for hours to exercise their democratic right to vote - regardless for whom they're voting for...

it makes me mad to see people queuing for hour to vote. Here in Europe, we get a card through the post telling us where to vote, we go on the day, cast our vote - usually in a local school with polling booths, and it takes 5 minutes. The day of the vote is usually on a public holiday or weekend.
My spouse and I are dual citizens of Brazil and US. In Brazil voting is obligatory, id is routine and uses biometrics, happens on a single day and the results are known and accepted within minutes of poll closing. In the US we must wait hours in a queue and have had debates about whether our ID is acceptable (we gave passports rather than driver licenses, and that was suspicious, apparently. Never repeated that mistake. The US (Florida) as obsolete paper ballots that are then processed in an optical scanner. Brazil it is 100% online and the ballot is customized for the voter. In Florida the ballot is in Creole, Spanish and English and is not easy to decipher without considerable effort.

is it not ridiculous that Brazil is so advanced and the US so primitive? Indeed voter suppression is absurd, much better the mandatory voting of Brazil. No electoral college either.

OT for sure, but certainly relevant when considering political stability for investments.

Yes. I have a strong preference in this election but either way I want it to be a decisive win. If it's close then things may get messy. That would definitely rattle the markets.

... it makes me mad to see people queuing for hours to vote. Here in Europe, we get a card through the post telling us where to vote, we go on the day, cast our vote - usually in a local school with polling booths, and it takes 5 minutes. The day of the vote is usually on a public holiday or weekend.

That's how it's supposed to work....how it's always worked where I live. But in some states, there are politicians who do not like the idea of people voting, so they do what they can to prevent and discourage "certain groups of people" from voting. It is sad that this is even possible.

Model S price is now $69,420 (and the first thing you see at Tesla.com)

Electric Cars, Solar & Clean Energy | Tesla
EkWcxcRWkAEK-wi

Not sure if this has been posted:

‎Winning In Asia: A ZoZo Go Podcast: Kurt Kelty, VP, Automotive at Sila Nanotechnologies on coming breakthroughs in EV batteries. on Apple Podcasts

Kurt Kelty is a very interesting interview guest since he was a major player at Tesla on the battery side for a long time. Some of the nuggets from my listening.

1. Originally at Giga Nevada, Elon wanted to manufacture cells themselves, but didn't have the competence and thus brought in Panasonic as a manufacturing partner. This means the genesis of battery day technologies extends back > 6 years.
2. Kurt Kelty left in 2017 from what i can see, and he mentions that the tabless cell r&d was already going on at that time.
3. Panasonic refused to work with Tesla for the longest time, but Kurt was extremely persistent. Panasonic created the Suminoe cell plant but it was a ghost town and poor investment. Tesla essentially saved this factory, and Panasonic saved Tesla. It was really hard to get a cell supplier for Tesla in the early days, and Panasonic was by far the best at this time.
4. Kurt thinks cells are near parity from the Tier 1 cell suppliers now, back in 2012 this was not the case.
5. Kurt says he's never worked with someone who could predict the future as well as Elon, and also set really hard, impossible seeming targets that were actually achievable. There was peer pressure among employees that they would not let each other down.
6. Sila Nano silicon anodes are showing 20% improvement in energy density, but material is currently expensive.
7. Kurt thinks Tesla will be selling a couple million units in a few years.