Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm amazed it took this long for this to be posted on this thread! This seems like a major change for Q4 deliveries - the sooner we can confirm what exactly the situation is for EU model 3 deliveries the better.

One of the ships bound for Pier 80 has been waylaid by maintenance issues:

https://twitter.com/FMossotto/status/1316669543465525248

#Donington was expected at Pier 80 yesterday, but it's still stuck at Portland, OR. I suspect some unscheduled maintenance. We will see if it will be able to arrive later at Pier 80 or will be replaced. #? ship in Q4 $TSLA #Tesla #Model3 #TeslaCarriers http://bit.ly/TeslaCarriers

From the Ottawa Tesla Facebook group: Model 3 purchased before around March 2020 (?) now have Premium Connectivity for life!

I can't find any announcement - not sure if this applies only to Ontario or what. But I can confirm that my vehicle purchased June 2019 now has it. Previously, I had one year for free, and did not subscribe when it expired.
image.png

It were those 3 videos that so intrigued me that I eventually joined Tesla in order to work with people like Peter, JB, Elon and of course Deepak! Peter left before I joined, but it was such an honor to work with the others. Those videos are near and dear to me. Sorry for being off topic

Thank you for fighting at the front line.

Makes me wonder about the SR+ not being available in Europe until February, is the demand so great in the USA, could be...
I now give it a non-zero chance that the MiC Model 3 LFP SR+ (w. the new CATL Iron phosphate bty pack) is going to be sold in Europe.

Not certain yet, as their seems to be only about 5K/wk capacity at Giga Shanghai until they twin the Model 3 line. Say... ;)

Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: kbM3 and Tslynk67
I now give it a non-zero chance that the MiC Model 3 LFP SR+ (w. the new CATL Iron phosphate bty pack) is going to be sold in Europe.

Not certain yet, as their seems to be only about 5K/wk capacity at Giga Shanghai until they twin the Model 3 line. Say... ;)

Cheers!

I don't buy it. Makes sense to migrate the UK/HK, etc. RHD deliveries to China, but not the regular LHD Europe stuff

Unless the demand is "off the the scale" in the USA, which TBH could be the case with the latest specs.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I was half-expecting a lower SP today at closing bell, what with max pain at $400 and all. I had margin buy orders in at $400 and $410 because, well, one just can't tell what the shortzes will do, especially these days with such low volume. When there was only 4 minutes left before the closing bell I bought 100 shares at $440; I'm fairly confident we'll be trading >$450ish sometime pre-ER for a quick and easy 2-3 share profit.

Speaking of margin trading, I thought I'd share a couple of paragraphs from this naked short selling article I posted last week:
  • Margin account buyers, because of loopholes in the rules, inadvertently aid the shorts. If short A sells a naked short he has three days to deliver a borrowed share. If the counterfeit share is purchased in a margin account, it is immediately put into the stock lend and, for a fee, is available as a borrowed share to the short who counterfeited it in the first place. This process is perpetually fluid with multiple parties, but it serves to create more counterfeit shares and is an example of how a counterfeit share gets “laundered” into a legitimate borrowed share.
  • Margin account agreements give the broker dealers the right to lend those shares without notifying the account owner. Shares held in cash accounts, IRA accounts and any restricted shares are not supposed to be loaned without express consent from the account owner. Broker dealers have been known to change cash accounts to margin accounts without telling the owner, take shares from IRA accounts, take shares from cash accounts and lend restricted shares. One of the prime brokers recently took a million shares from cash accounts of the company's founding investors without telling the owners or the stockbroker who represented ownership. The shares were put into the stock lend, which got the company off the SHO threshold list, and opened the door for more manipulative shorting.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here today, but other Y owners on TMC are saying they're getting a software update that adds 10 more miles of range!

Software for range improvements - release notes for 2020.40.7 -

Improved Efficiency
Your car's range has increased with new software that improves the efficiency of the motors and the climate control system.

Note: These changes do not impact acceleration or overall climate control performance.

From the Ottawa Tesla Facebook group: Model 3 purchased before around March 2020 (?) now have Premium Connectivity for life!

I can't find any announcement - not sure if this applies only to Ontario or what. But I can confirm that my vehicle purchased June 2019 now has it. Previously, I had one year for free, and did not subscribe when it expired.

I just went out to my car and checked, and yes, streaming audio is back!

O well...to next week...earnings will take us to the moon!

P.s. how's that for a manicure @Krugerrand

View attachment 599274

Dude, that would be a pedicure - not a manicure. And did you also wax your legs too - that is really taking @Krugerrand advice to the next level! ;);)
(unless that is a picture of your hand - in that case I sincerely apologize)

But many of us also have jobs that provide us with a monthly share of dry powder that we wish to deploy at the most opportune moment. That’s why we’re interested in determining the dips. An honorable occupation me thinks.

Jobs? That term seems vaguely familiar, but I can’t recall where I heard it from :)

On a more serious note, if you’re no longer working you still face the issue of timing, except it’s the timing of when to sell vs when to buy.

For myself I have an algorithm whereby I buy after $30 dips and sell back after $30 rises (while obviously staying above the 90% Tesla threshold) and I pocket the profits. Basically rebalancing to remain 95% Tesla in one of my accounts. With such an algorithm, I almost enjoy dips as much as rises:)