Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the capacity installed to produce and deliver 500,000 vehicles this year.While achieving this goal has become more difficult, delivering half a million vehicles in 2020 remains our target. Achieving this target depends primarily on quarter over quarter increases in Model Y and Shanghai production, as well as further improvements in logistics and delivery efficiency at higher volume levels.

743209AB-6CC1-45EA-B3B5-B0FCA48428BE.jpeg

Just a little shout out to @The Accountant

Tesla Q3 Operating Margin 9.2% vs 4.1% In Same Qtr. Last Year

Which is a beautiful number! Overall results pretty much what the informed analysts (i.e. not Wall St.) were predicting. Not expecting a huge pop in the share price as a result, but another profitable quarter of growth and improving metrics under the belt, along the road to world domination :)

They managed to control the stock and get it down from $450 last Friday to $422 by the close today with no major negative news (and ignoring a few analyst upgrades). An old trick, we’ve seen that before.

One can’t get too excited about the stock taking off, after results are out, to levels it wasn’t even at just three trading days ago.

Hoping for a great earnings call and some better gains tomorrow and the weeks to follow...

They just need to make 170,020 vehicles in Q4 in order to reach their 500,000 goal. Totally doable.
The run rate is there to do it, but it requires everything to go just perfectly. Reality, is the run rate is already wonderful, and will exceed a million cars a year when the Y line is at full speed in Shanghai. Do remember, the run rate is max, and typically you do 85% of that in a given quarter.

Great ER! Always makes me happy to see them work out the way they are supposed to. I'm sure the ZEV credits will still be the thesis of many FUD stories, but the reduction does help stay these concerns a bit.

Some life events unfortunately required me to trim my position a bit today before ER (I need this money now and could not take the risk) which kind of takes some winds of out my sails, but this is still great.

Will be really curious to see if the stock responds immediately as we think it all should, or if it will do the opposite as it sometimes has after other ER's in an effort to thwart options bets.

Reactions: Christine69420