Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought...perhaps when a Mod delete a post ...they don't have to put in a aggressively worded threat as well.

A bit of background: when a warning is being sent by mods it is accompanied by a (imo too harshly worded) standard text that mods have no influence on. I personally would prefer the possibility of a more gentle nudge.

$420, give or take a few cents.

I'm also waiting to see what happens with stimulus negotiations. There is a call scheduled between the WH/Pelosi at 11AM PST. Passage pre-election is pretty much a no-go it seems, but if the WH and the House can agree on something, the markets might rally for a little while.

I think this is fair game for this forum given its importance to the markets, but these types of posts have been nuked recently (even though it's really non-political in nature). If this post is also removed, I'll know not to bother sharing this information/speculation on here anymore.

Your text is about politics, but fairly neutral. The problem is that in a hugely divided country (and thus hugely divided forum) there will always be someone who starts turning it into a mud slinging contest. Mods have tried to leave neutral political posts, hoping that nobody takes the bait, but that experiment usually fails.

In general I think people should accept the fact that posts can sometimes get removed. It’s just a bunch of words, not a limb that gets amputated. It helps to not take the removal of a post too personally; it is never meant as such. It happens to many members and most of them just shrug it off and move on, which is the right approach.

There have been so many potentially catastrophic suspension failures here in the US (and elsewhere) that I posit that it is only a question of time before there's a major accident from an MS or MX suspension failure.

As I have stated previously, Tesla needs to step up and have a face-to-face meeting with the supplier (and their insurance carrier) and explain what needs to happen:

1. Wide-scale, GLOBAL, recall of suspect parts.
2. NOW.
3. How the costs will be distributed? TBD, but it will not be borne by the owners . . .

(Assumes that Tesla didn't make these parts themselves, of course.)

Sorry, I am not familiar with this issue. Can you please cite some sort of factual reference on this. Are Tesla's suspension failures unusual in some way? Do they have more of them than other manufacturers? Are the consequences more serious? Have there been recalls?

My experience with Tesla is that they take action before anything is mandated by government safety people if there's even a whiff of danger. Yours seems to be the opposite.

While China has forced a recall, Tesla disagreed that a recall was necessary but didn't want to spend the money challenging them, NHTSA has previously looked into the issue and said that it isn't a safety related issue. Someone just today posted that Transport Canada finished their investigation into the failure of the rear lower control arms and concluded that it isn't a safety issue and closed the file.

In general I think people should shrug off the fact that some posts get removed. It’s not a limb that’s gone. It helps to not take the removal of a post too seriously. It happens to many members and should not be taken personally.
Agree with this. I've had posts moved or deleted because the mod completely missed my point. Other times, it was justified. Either way it's no big deal.

Similar to getting disagrees, which apparently irritates some people.

Are the mods stone minded/decisive about this? Is there no way we could convince them otherwise?
Although I do agree about spending too much watching the TSLA ticker.

Enjoyed reading your posts
This is not the MODS decision, it is the member's. People love to use this forum as a chat board, and insist on posting off-topic cruft inspite of numerous and constant admonitions from our long-suffering MODS.

Can you imagine how useless this forum would be without the constant efforts of our MODS? Do you not remember the 'birds' that used to roost here?

Here's some advice for everyone: Stop posting your personal garbage, and stay on topic. There's a reason why this topic is over 10 thouand pages in less than 2 years.

And stop taking *sugar* so personal. Admit it when you're wrong, and suck it up ffs. Or quit. That's what immaturity brings. Enough already.

Meanwhile, TSLA will move on (and up) without the quitters. Your choice.

Advice.

$100k for FSD?
Yeah it might be "worth" that much. But I have not ever heard anyone high upin tesla claim that it would "cost" that much?
My mind played this into a believable scenario of a subscription service. And there are many scenarios.
Buying outright for a personal vehicle limiting the use of the car to certain number of miles "on auto-pilot," with a fee based on miles over like most car leases. That way an individual could drive the car themselves when they felt comfortable to do so in an attempt to manage the costs.
To
Putting enough down to cover Auto-pilot hardware for the vehicle and paying for mileage monthly.

I do not believe any person or company will pay $100k upfront.
Through subscription fees is where FSD can be seen to be "worth $100k."

Investors looking for yield will definitely be buying these robotaxis at those prices and drive the yield down (i.e. prices up). They'll make it all back and then some in a world where interest rates are near zero. People aren't registering what it means to have a truly driverless FSD. There are rich folks that have a driver on staff at 50k+ per year. This is the equivalent.

PG&E Goes ahead with major blackout in Northern California affecting 360k households and businesses across 36 counties.
Those that insist on living in these locations might want or be forced into considering solar roof/panels with battery (PowerWall) backup. The options range from Tesla to lowest bidder and car batteries.
Alternative electrical transportation underground-vs-overground shifts the blame and does not reduce the load. While living in Olympia, WA my best friend living across town had/has underground wiring in his housing area. He was out for over a week because his reconnection was not as high a priority as our pole wiring connected to businesses. Business has priority over warm showers, oven baked turkeys and heating your home.
Sustained two blackouts in October (trees downed lines). Both panels have whole house surge protection, house is 100% electric. Solar energy production is less here in northwest-vs-southwest, but our drinking water is the purest and sweetest tasting anywhere - verified in over twenty countries and most states over seventy years. Oh, the well and septic are on the primary backup electrical panel. Only addition to the house still worth considering is a wood or pellet fireplace.
Just saying; having been raised in Southern California, and sister married into Sacramento Delta farm family back in 1974.

There is one potential outcome that I'm bearish on for its potential to stymie any economic recovery legislation - D pres/R senate. Wouldn't cause me to sell anything though.
That's scenario had me worried about an end-of-days global recession not that long ago, now I'm thinking we can move through(or around) it fine.

People forget how stimulative sustainable infrastructure and an end to fossil fuels is. We should see a level of economic activity the next 10 years similar to WWII and immediately after. Fortunately we also get the residual benefit of purely building, not destroying. Should be a good time.......if we're not all dead by then.

This is not the MODS decision, it is the member's. People love to use this forum as a chat board, and insist on posting off-topic cruft inspite of numerous and constant admonitions from our long-suffering MODS.

Can you imagine how useless this forum would be without the constant efforts of our MODS? Do you not remember the 'birds' that used to roost here?

Here's some advice for everyone: Stop posting your personal garbage, and stay on topic. There's a reason why this topic is over 10 thouand pages in less than 2 years.

And stop taking *sugar* so personal. Admit it when you're wrong, and suck it up ffs. Or quit. That's what immaturity brings. Enough already.

Meanwhile, TSLA will move on (and up) without the quitters. Your choice.

Advice.
This forum isn't a good place for Karen. She should stay away.

Fiat will effectively fund Tesla’s German factory, Baird says

Detroit News agrees with @Artful Dodger's thesis that FCA CO2 credits paid for Giga Berlin.

FE5A2EE6-BE22-408A-BCCF-9F954C62E97F.jpeg

edit: old article

Last edited:
Fiat will effectively fund Tesla’s German factory, Baird says

Detroit News agrees with @Artful Dodger's thesis that FCA CO2 credits paid for Giga Berlin.

Lol, now if we can only get Wallnut News to agree that Tesla's $1.8B Valuation Allowance (VA) will pay for all 12 tranches of Elon's CEO 2018 compensation plan... :p

Cheers!

P.S. Its good that Detroit News reads TMC, mabbe dey larn sumthin? They should subscribe to Munro Live and Tesla Daily on Youtube as well (for those Detroiters reading this...)

Goodbuy people of this TMC.

My contribution was that I'm not in this investment field and so I got to provide unique perspectives, pulling from broad knowledge to help filter out nonsense, and share ideas and theories with you all - mostly to learn, spread the news, and have some fun. I came here to learn why the stock does what it does.

But the fun is gone now so I'm joining the ranks of Karen and Fact Checking it seems. I do not see myself at their level of knowledge or value to this forum (or planet), but I have similar feelings here I'm sure. Not that I don't sometimes get deep on this forum, but I the feeling of bullying and that affects my inner child. (My wife actually pointed that out - perceptive she is, my rock.) I'm in tears as I write this, but I think it's best.

It's been nice sharing with so many of you, but in reality this is a time sync, and so maybe we're all better for it and I get to quit wasting everyone's time. I do think the mods are trying harder now, and there is a lot of crap at all hours on this thread. I have considered that, but I also do think I've been targeted for deletion of anything OT. I can't write on eggshells, or told "Last warning" on my 420 post when it was my first actually, and on point. I'm getting this from 2 Moderators all within the past 2-3 weeks.

If anyone would like to follow up, ironically, my account name "SOULPEDL" is actually my product SoulPedal®, and it's for musicians (didn't see that coming huh?). Which puts this post way off topic, including my forum name that is breaking a rule from day one (swear I didn't know). I think it squeaked by bc it sound like alternative energy when in fact it's a wireless foot controller. But if we weren't a bunch of rulebreakers here, it wouldn't be Tesla now would it?

420.69 was the share price that I paid last week for 50 shares, and it was very close to the low. I do think there is a social phenomenon here with 420, and I shouldn't feel like I'm running around naked when I refer to this number in earnest. Further, I conspire that this was an agreed upon number by powerful organizations to fix a price. Maybe for S&P IDK, but kinda silly to make it a swear word here. Are we forgetting who's at the helm?

Take care everyone, I will be reading. Come check me out at NAMM (someday?) when you get a chance. Funding for this product was brought to you by TSLA which makes it twice as sweet. Dreams being made on this forum, everywhere. And whatever you see on my channel or website is a toy compared to the power and customization today - secret still. I'm really excited and think I should focus more on that and quit spending every hour watching the SP. Maybe a suggestion for others too.

Cheers!
[email protected]

Best of luck, John! In your honor, I just placed a stop limit buy order of one share at 420.69. Hope it goes through today, if not it will some time soon!

Lol, now if we can only get Wallnut News to agree that Tesla's $1.8B Valuation Allowance (VA) will pay for all 12 tranches of Elon's CEO 2018 compensation plan... :p

Cheers!
Ha ha. Do you think that was the plan all along ? Elon and board members realized in early 2018 that once Model 3 production ramp was stable, Tesla would be comfortably profitable and therefore Elon's non-cash SBC would be balanced by non cash VA

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger

Or that MM naked shorts paid for Giga Texas. :D Next factory will be on S&P's dime.

Craig Johnson is a managing director and technical strategist at Piper Sandler (formerly Piper Jaffray). He was a regular guest of mine on my old TV show, and still sends me his newsletters. In early 2003 he recommended TSLA, which led to my first purchase at $38 ($7.60 post-split).

Craig’s colleague Alexander Potter has a BUY rating on TSLA with a price target of $515.

Below is what Craig wrote this morning:

TSLA—Recent pullback has confirmed support off an emerging uptrend/support near $330; back above the 10-week WMA; RS remains in positive territory and notable TechniGrade ranking; add to positions, a retest of the ‘20 highs near $500 appears likely.