Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A bit of background: when a warning is being sent by mods it is accompanied by a (imo too harshly worded) standard text that mods have no influence on. I personally would prefer the possibility of a more gentle nudge.

Your text is about politics, but fairly neutral. The problem is that in a hugely divided country (and thus hugely divided forum) there will always be someone who starts turning it into a mud slinging contest. Mods have tried to leave neutral political posts, hoping that nobody takes the bait, but that experiment usually fails.

In general I think people should accept the fact that posts can sometimes get removed. It’s just a bunch of words, not a limb that gets amputated. It helps to not take the removal of a post too personally; it is never meant as such. It happens to many members and most of them just shrug it off and move on, which is the right approach.

Wait what? Isn't it easy to change the standard text generated? Like please stay on topic. Or something?

I still remember the text I got at one point was "you should know better". No matter how I look at it. That's not a standard text.

If you guys are having trouble with this. Ask a Canadian to compose these message for you.

A bit of background: when a warning is being sent by mods it is accompanied by a (imo too harshly worded) standard text that mods have no influence on. I personally would prefer the possibility of a more gentle nudge.

Your text is about politics, but fairly neutral. The problem is that in a hugely divided country (and thus hugely divided forum) there will always be someone who starts turning it into a mud slinging contest. Mods have tried to leave neutral political posts, hoping that nobody takes the bait, but that experiment usually fails.

In general I think people should accept the fact that posts can sometimes get removed. It’s just a bunch of words, not a limb that gets amputated. It helps to not take the removal of a post too personally; it is never meant as such. It happens to many members and most of them just shrug it off and move on, which is the right approach.
I've learned you are right, it is not even a limb...just the skin off my nose... But sometimes a member makes a passionate thoughtful post, whether in an attempt to be amusing or to perhaps entertain a new line of thought. ANd may have even spent some time developing the idea and the post.
And then to see it get chopped to bits and thrown out with the garbage... even kugerand has a heart.

This is the late John...
(you know what they say about laughter...)

Thanks for the warmth and care. Turns out, if I del the acct I will del all my posts as I couldn't find Karen's writings either.
This is part of my digital footprint after I do pass. We all hope someday we saw part of the future, just like Elon, and maybe this is the only place we wrote it down.

Don't anyone else leave on my account. This is my issue and I happened to get in the crossfire I think.

Cheers!
Karen still posts in her Icelandic forest reclamation thread.

Well that was quite revealing. He flat out admitted that he's not qualified to be covering TSLA because he only understands the auto sales component. He said he's currently working with analysts who cover the parts of Tesla that actually matter, and soon he'll be able to give a proper price target. I'm sure that's very reassuring to all his clients who just missed out on 1000% gains while Adam posed as a qualified Tesla expert..

Now back to stonk or chairs or whatever non-amusing misword that is en vogue in the minds of a couple of posers....
BATTERIES.
Ya know.... Elon spent a lot of time telling all of us about batteries a few days back. And at the time I like so many others kept waiting for the little neat bow to be tied to the top of it. And it never was.
His whole talk was, We are going to make batteries, cheaper, and better, AND faster. AND a lot more of them.
And then he never connected the dots. In his mind he did. He had this big huge elephant right there, and he talked about it in terms of making batteries. It isn't storage. He's got that solved except for the weakest link. He didn't talk about cars. He has that pretty much where it should be except for THE BATTERIES.
He saw there was one problem. Only one problem. And Tesla has it solved.
Why if tesla wanted to take over the world all it would have to do is become a battery supplier...and we'd all be rich rich. Just from making batteries. No cars, no energy storage, no trucks... leave that to the second level engineers.
BATTERIES ARE AND WERE IT. AND WILL BE.
A road map to good batteries makes for a clear and clean horizon.
The whole presentation was about how Elon won. The struggle is over. Battery factories will be money printing machines for the rest of our lives.They are the key to a clean environment.
He did not dwell on it. He should have opened with a five minute introduction to what having a battery solution would mean for the world, and then told us everything else...
He should have opened with...
"We have a battery dilema..." and then transitioned to "we need this many..." and then to currently with the battery technology and production we have the future looks like this...and that won't do much for the world."
And then he should have talked about the new technology and manufacturing.
And then closed with a slide comparing what batter production would look like and cost over the next ten years of we had to rely on the old technology vs the new battery technology.
But he thinks we are capable of thinking like he does...though I am sure he also knows we don't.

Well that was quite revealing. He flat out admitted that he's not qualified to be covering TSLA because he only understands the auto sales component. He said they're currently working with analysts who cover the parts of Tesla that actually matter, and soon he'll be able to give a proper price target. I'm sure that's very reassuring to all his clients who just missed out on 1000% gains while Adam posed as a qualified Tesla expert..

He'll give a proper price target whenever his pals have accumulated enough shares ;)

Reactions: BornToFly

Nothing too outrageous said by Adam Jonas in this segment today. But CNBC recommended this video from Dec 19 last year with a bull and bear debating the $420 share price (pre-split). That was actually fun to watch!

Two analysts debate Tesla's road to $420 per share

Can't wait to see if CNBC on Dec 19 this year will put Ross Gerber, Gerber Kawasaki CEO, back on as he suggested in this clip, to prove who was right. And to see Craig Irwin getting roasted.

Last edited:
Well, it was pretty common knowledge back then, after all...

85FBAC7A-EA71-45A2-8082-BBFC3619D025.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Jack6591