Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd rather the market just stay down..........Tesla never seems to rebound with the marco's on a down day. It just gets capped while everything else recovers o_O
A cap isn't real! After floating back to $400 today, I think we'll see a bit of a continued recovery Monday while the wider market sits flat. Seems the typical pattern.

This kind of correction is the kind of thing that can take some time to play out so I wouldn't rush. I'm comfortable with my long-term position so I'm doing nothing. If it drops to the low $300's I might decide to take advantage of the new, lower, risk/reward ratio and repurchase the 21% I sold at ~$467-$482 since I haven't redeployed the funds yet. But my account is still quite heavy in TSLA so I don't really want more right now.

Having said that, it could also bounce back before you can say "Timbuktu". While it doesn't "feel" like that to me, the market can be spastic like that. Personally, I don't get tied up emotionally in market moves like this. It will do what it does. In the end, longs win. :cool:

I’m in a weird spot in that I want to add to my long term position but have limited funds to do so. I’m not convinced that the market doesn’t move lower, so I’m keeping powder dry for now. Started opening up some OOM put positions so at least I’ll pick up some premium if I miss my entry price.

What’s so special about 400 that it would make a material difference with 406 in a decade?
The additional 1.5% is what’s so special. If, in that decade, the growth were to be at a mere :rolleyes: 40%, that 43-fold increase will make each of those $6, just by themselves, times the number of shares bought, worth quite a few seats on a Mars Transporter.

The additional 1.5% is what’s so special. If, in that decade, the growth were to be at a mere :rolleyes: 40%, that 43-fold increase will make each of those $6, just by themselves, times the number of shares bought, worth quite a few seats on a Mars Transporter.
That post was not, by the way, a dig at those of you - if any - who do not buy in lots of 100,000 shares.

Rather, it was my not so subtle way to place a dig at those of you who churn your positions and who play with derivative insecurities.

I sold off most of my TSLA today, sadly in the 380s and 390s. Knew I should have sold yesterday. Election jitters. My expectation is that Biden wins the actual vote easily, but Trump proceeds to try to engineer staying in office by various fraudulent means. Chaos ensues, at least until the inauguration. More blood in the streets. Plus COVID's going to hit >100K new infections per day in the US soon and get worse for quite a while.

I can't see being all in the market under such circumstances. I'll hold onto a few thousand shares of TSLA just because. I'm looking forward to paying massive amounts of taxes on this year's outsize gains. Strange days.

Although, clearly macros are playing a role today, capping games are also being played by our friends. I know, I am a broken record. Just really interesting to watch the games the MMs and others play. You can literally see the levels they are protecting by just watching Level II quotes and seeing large orders getting put in as the stock rises and then pulled as they have the desired impact.

I sold off most of my TSLA today, sadly in the 380s and 390s. Knew I should have sold yesterday. Election jitters. My expectation is that Biden wins the actual vote easily, but Trump proceeds to try to engineer staying in office by various fraudulent means. Chaos ensues, at least until the inauguration. More blood in the streets. Plus COVID's going to hit >100K new infections per day in the US soon and get worse for quite a while.

I can't see being all in the market under such circumstances. I'll hold onto a few thousand shares of TSLA just because. I'm looking forward to paying massive amounts of taxes on this year's outsize gains. Strange days.

Bought one of your shares today.

TYVM

Wasn't there a rumor about Tesla taking a stake in the spun off business? Can't remember if there was any validity to that rumor
Was a very widespread rumor about 3 or 4 weeks ago. First snippet was "10% of LG". Then "they're buying the battery business from LG".

Would love to see Tesla buy at least a large chunk of the spun off entity, if not the entire thing, before any piece is floated publicly. Interesting tidbits from the link....
Asked about selling stakes to strategic investors in the run-up to the IPO, Shin told Reuters the company was reviewing various options.
South Korea’s National Pension Service (NPS), LG Chem’s No.2 shareholder with a 9.96% stake, voted against the split-off plan having earlier raised concerns about damage to shareholder value.

Amazing to me that only the SK pension fund wanted to hold off on the split. I know most investors just want short term gains, but how do you not see the value in keeping that in-house? Does this near total approval from shareholders speak to perhaps a very high Tesla bid for the business in it's entirety? That would be splendid.

It feels like Albemarle acquiring Rockwell Lithium in 2015. I was consulting in Albemarle's world at the time and couldn't believe they were able to buy up the largest lithium producer in the world completely unopposed. Speaking of....Albemarle at $93 is less than a $10B market cap. Might be worth a look.

Exciting times. No clue who's gonna make out on this transition. Probably the banks!

Although, clearly macros are playing a role today, capping games are also being played by our friends. I know, I am a broken record. Just really interesting to watch the games the MMs and others play. You can literally see the levels they are protecting by just watching Level II quotes and seeing large orders getting put in as the stock rises and then pulled as they have the desired impact.
The purpose of capping gains is what today? MM love put holders more than call holders?

• Funny
Reactions: cjkosh and Tslynk67

Given max pain is nearer 415 than the current 385, and a TON of puts are gonna pay off if the stock remains "capped" here- what do you think "they" are gaining by capping it here rather than 415?