Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: since the GOP took the Senate does that mean we most likely won't see the $7,500 fed tax credit on future vehicle purchases?

I'm asking because I have a Cybertruck coming in 2022 and that sweet credit would have paid for most of the FSD.
The $7500 being re-extended to Tesla depends far more on the president then the senate. There is some bipartisan support for it. Trump was against it. I personally think it should be reduced to $3000 and apply to all vehicles with a 200 mile range no limits on income or production numbers. $3000 for 2021 reducing $500 a year till gone.

The $7500 being re-extended to Tesla depends far more on the president then the senate. There is some bipartisan support for it. Trump was against it. I personally think it should be reduced to $3000 and apply to all vehicles with a 200 mile range no limits on income or production numbers. $3000 for 2021 reducing $500 a year till gone.

Trump wins, and all but Tesla are disincentivized to go EV, Biden wins and ICE gets forced to move to EV.
(+e.g. Incumbents want Gov to build their charging network )

Either way Tesla wins.

Added 100 more shares on Fri @396. Rolled all remaining Nov, Dec CC at +80% profits.

(+didn't think results would be this close)

Interesting that so many here believe in an inherent bias in the MSM coverage of Tesla, and rightfully so, but view that there is not that same bias in political coverage.

Most MSM, if you believed the polls, predicted this to be a landslide election. Not the close race that it has been. I believe this confirms there is another inherent bias most should keep in mind with regards to the MSM. In both cases, I would bet that bias is to who lines their pockets.

Regarding TSLA specifically to this election, it looks like the markets really don't care that much who gets elected, they just want the election over and for business to continue without the political distractions.
Even the polls now are political propaganda, the bias and corruption are sickening.

The market has been volatile.
Some volatility could continue.
THose that trade TSLA on shorter time frames could be burnt and hurt if whatever the market is expecting does not come true.
It could be a good time to sell for profits on short term positions.

Not how I do things, I am Big Bull, long term. But I recognize there are those that trade shorter time frames.

• Disagree
Reactions: TheTalkingMule
Even the polls now are political propaganda, the bias and corruption are sickening.

Ideally, I would like for the public to realize that they have been misled, and for everyone to come together and demand more objective, FACTUAL, coverage (from both sides) of politics. Right now, you turn on media coverage, for either side, and things are so . . . emotional, with really bad name calling (to put it politely). All that does is distract us from focusing on fixing the problems we face.

It's easier than that. Who has a landline nowadays, is willing to pick up a call from a number they don't know and answer a poll?

Truth is that polling has become much harder nowadays than before. So the responses you get are skewed to people who pick up their phone and are willing to answer the poll.

Hanlon's razor.

And once again the prediction markets were more accurate than the ”experts”. Which is as it should be, as the ”experts” could have made money if they actually believed in what they said but choose not to do so as they didn’t actually believe what they said...

If you want to know the actual probability of Trump winning, just check out the current price of trump-wins-token:
Poloniex - Crypto Asset Exchange
(Click Market Trades)
Current price 0.75USDT = 75% probability of Trump winning

They don't necessarily mean anything. It has a volume of 2.6M USDT. This could easily be hedges for the other strategies. Crypto market or for that matter any other market is big enough

Trump wins, and all but Tesla are disincentivized to go EV [...]

Either way Tesla wins.

Great, I'm rich! Wait, what will I do with my millions, when the world speed up on the path to self-destruction?

Consume more to try to forget? Cry in a pool of bills? Bury myself on Mars? Buy a Cybertruck, build a shelter and arm my children?

Great, I'm rich! Wait, what will I do with my millions, when the world speed up on the path to self-destruction?

Consume more to try to forget? Cry in a pool of bills? Bury myself on Mars? Buy a Cybertruck, build a shelter and arm my children?

How I feel personally I am keeping to my self. :(
A grain of critique and the mods say it's political and delete the post :)

• Disagree
Reactions: replicant
CNN is reporting that the State of Michigan has just flipped blue (Democrat/Biden). 89% of Counties reporting.

Clear capping of TSLA + walk-down began at 09:00 EST, down from $435.29 to $430.06 by 09:15

TSLA.2020-11-04.09-17.png

Last edited:
CNN is reporting that the State of Michigan has just flipped blue (Democrat/Biden). 89% of Counties reporting.

Some capping of TSLA began at 09:00 EST, now down to $432.50 +2.03% as of 09:10

I see 94% reporting and leaning, not confirmed. 10K votes difference, very tight many races.
I see leaning Trump states as not sufficient for him to win if things stand as they are

You know a lot about US politics for a European :eek:

Can’t speak for Lycantrope but I think it is ridiculous that I do know the names of at least four members of the US Supreme Court (plus two dead ones) (and don’t know any of those of my own country).
West Wing and the News Room are great primers on this dynamic.

Reality is, this is democracy at work. A “stalemate” is how most democratic countries actually govern. By coalition and compromise.

I don’t think I have the impression that it worked like that the past four years. But if they can make a deal on EVs and renewables, I’m all for it. These problems aren’t solved without the US, and the more time they take, the more expensive it gets.

Not a pollster, but I'm going to make an un-professional call that Biden wins the presidency.

Here is why I think that:
1) Michigan and Wisconsin have mainly urban areas left to count, and mail-in votes left to count. Both of those will skew to Biden.
2) Nevada's primary remaining vote is for Reno and Las Vegas - both of which tend to skew Democrat.

I expect Georgia and North Carolina to squeak by for Trump, but that won't be enough, even if he manages to get Pennsylvania (which also has a ton of mail-in and urban votes left to count and could go either direction).

I don’t think I have the impression that it worked like that the past four years.
It works better if you have multiple parties, then you can really work on a coalition. This thing of a blue house and red senate, where everyone tried to get their amendment to a law to broker a vote (or even worse just not get it to a vote) isn't working.

I see 94% reporting and leaning, not confirmed. 10K votes difference, very tight many races.
I see leaning Trump states as not sufficient for him to win if things stand as they are
PA is looking pretty good to go Biden, though it's infinitely tighter than I thought. All these remaining votes are 3-1 Biden supporters.

Why the hell is the NASDAQ +infinity in premarket on no real POTUS news? I'll take it I guess!

• Disagree
Reactions: gbertsch and Drax7
Not a pollster, but I'm going to make an un-professional call that Biden wins the presidency.

1) Michigan and Wisconsin have mainly urban areas left to count, and mail-in votes left to count. Both of those will skew to Biden.
2) Nevada's primary remaining vote is for Reno and Las Vegas - both of which tend to skew Democrat.

I expect Georgia and North Carolina to squeak by for Trump, but that won't be enough, even if he manages to get Pennsylvania (which also has a ton of mail-in and urban votes left to count and could go either direction).

this is basically the conclusion i came to around 3am, although i think Biden has a good chance of pulling out PA, Georgia, or NC, even though they ultimately won't matter (except perhaps to reduce uncertainty and reduce the chance of prolonged legal action).

With AZ, NV, WI, ME and MI, Biden has 269 (excluding the 2 electoral votes for the winners of each congressional district).

Trump needs GA, NC, PA, AK, and NV or MI to flip.

Edit: play with the map here

Choose a path to the White House with our 'Road to 270' map