Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Biden has moved ahead in MI, now 25k - I'm using this site, which seems to have fresher data than many others: DDHQ Election Results

You have to register, but I just used the FecesBook login

Still scratching my head how what's looking like a likely Biden win could be seen as negative for Tesla (and renewables), the Senate being held by GOP looked very likely hours ago, it's only since Biden flipped MI that the stock go hammered.

Or it could just be the MM's - if they'd let it run 4-5% up from yesterday's close then they'd be needing to delta-hedge $450, which they may need to anyway, if it breaks-out from the strangle-hold.

My mind is pretty much completely dumbfounded at this point on the market reaction to Tesla. Especially when you see Nio approaching a 52 billion market cap today.

If anything, Tesla should be shooting higher than the macro's the more and more likely it looks like Biden is going to win. Sure Senate will still be Republican, but it would still be a net benefit for Tesla.

It's been reported in earlier videos and elsewhere that many of these power poles are major transmission lines owned by Austin Energy, (coming from/to the adjacent Sand Hill Energy Centre).

As well as those high voltage transmission lines there are several other lines crossing the site. It is those that we expect to be removed before phase 2. There was one line that was moved (to run along the road) a couple of months ago, as it ran through the phase 1 site..

4l063p.jpg

Tesla formally adds Heat Pump to Model 3 parts catalog after 'refresh' | Teslarati

"Teslarati has been tracking the Model 3 parts catalog for several days, awaiting confirmation that the heat pump had been added to the vehicle following the refreshed version’s reveal in early October. On the morning of November 4th, Tesla officially added the part to the Model 3’s online parts catalog."​

Throw in the uprated bty pack for 263 mi rge in an SR+ and you've got a compelling upgrade. Sales will be excellent. :D

Cheers!

My mind is pretty much completely dumbfounded at this point on the market reaction to Tesla. Especially when you see Nio approaching a 52 billion market cap today.

If anything, Tesla should be shooting higher than the macro's the more and more likely it looks like Biden is going to win. Sure Senate will still be Republican, but it would still be a net benefit for Tesla.
TSLA trailing macros on a given day (or even for consecutive days) happens quite often yet it has soared this year. Don't sweat it. The daily stuff doesn't matter. It will even out massively in our favor.

TSLA trailing macros on a given day (or even for consecutive days) happens quite often yet it has soared this year. Don't sweat it. The daily stuff doesn't matter. It will even out massively in our favor.

Today is not any given day.....especially when the Nasdaq is up 4%.

Edit: I certainly don't think anyone here is sweating the stock action today. I think we're all pretty weathered ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D
I am really wondering what's wrong with TSLA. In the past 2 month, my NIO stock grew 100% while TSLA is down by 5-10%. And the value of my NIO shares went up from a fraction of TSLA to more than 70%.

Perhaps some are selling TSLA to buy NIO. NIO up nearly 12% today on 140M volume. TSLA struggling to remain flat on decent macros.

Question: since the GOP took the Senate does that mean we most likely won't see the $7,500 fed tax credit on future vehicle purchases?

I'm asking because I have a Cybertruck coming in 2022 and that sweet credit would have paid for most of the FSD.
During the last round's tax cut, Senate had the expansion of $7500 credit but Orange didn't want it.

Meanwhile, in Shanghai... :D

"Parking lot 54, full of Model 3s,Shanghai's new traffic restriction policy, good for Tesla"

Gotta love the translation from Chinese to English in the notes below the video!

Can somebody set this to music?:)

Tesla stores full of orders,
sales staff busy even saliva no time,
I think,
in the next four quarters of the year on the sales volume, Tesla will have a good!

Accomplishments.

Gotta love the translation from Chinese to English in the notes below the video!

Can somebody set this to music?:)

Tesla stores full of orders,
sales staff busy even saliva no time,
I think,
in the next four quarters of the year on the sales volume, Tesla will have a good!

Accomplishments.
I'm going to guess that means they had no time to "wet their whistle". Gotta be an idiom.

• Helpful
Reactions: ABCTG
During the last round's tax cut, Senate had the expansion of $7500 credit but Orange didn't want it.
GOP was perfectly fine extending the ITC solar/wind tax credit a few years back.

Getting Tesla into the coming stimulus won't be a problem. Every state and local govt official knows very well the economic value of supporting these initiatives.

I was really worried about exactly the scenario with a split WH/Senate, but the more I think of it we might be in a mid-90s scenario right now. Plenty of common ground to be found and God forbid spending it reigned in as well like we did in 97. We may very well be in a sweet spot for accelerating sustainability.

The key thing to remember is that the ultra liberal agenda for scaling renewables/EVs is wrong. Hopefully the compromise solutions will be more focused around transparent and open markets.

GOP was perfectly fine extending the ITC solar/wind tax credit a few years back.

Getting Tesla into the coming stimulus won't be a problem. Every state and local govt official knows very well the economic value of supporting these initiatives.

I was really worried about exactly the scenario with a split WH/Senate, but the more I think of it we might be in a mid-90s scenario right now. Plenty of common ground to be found and God forbid spending it reigned in as well like we did in 97. We may very well be in a sweet spot for accelerating sustainability.

The key thing to remember is that the ultra liberal agenda for scaling renewables/EVs is wrong. Hopefully the compromise solutions will be more focused around transparent and open markets.

Shouldn't you be counting ballots right now? :p