Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you who think that the US electoral system is robust and stable, please be very careful betting on that. It is simply not so when faced by those willing (nay, eager!) to ignore conventions and norms and engage in quasi-legal or outright criminal behavior.

Read this piece on how the election can be stolen:
This Week in Statehouse Action: All Falls Down edition

Then be aware that right now we have this going on:
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1324574165869993985

So on Fox Gingrich advises President Trump to have Bill Barr arrest election workers in Pennsylvania and then have the state legislature throw out the results of the election.... *In addition to Gingrich's comments, Sen. Lindsey Graham agreed with top Trump domestic policy adviser Sean Hannity that throwing out the election results should be on the table if Trump doesn't win his lawsuits in PA.

I have no idea how the market might react to this sort of thing, but I personally have no doubt that Trump will never concede, and that he has never been constrained in the slightest by norms of conduct or morality or laws. This is why I am largely out of the market for now.

Be very careful out there.

Some Republicans are speaking out:-
https://twitter.com/LarryHogan/status/1324507449286676484

There is no defense for the President’s comments tonight undermining our Democratic process. America is counting the votes, and we must respect the results as we always have before. No election or person is more important than our Democracy.

https://twitter.com/HurdOnTheHill/status/1324525976198565890

A sitting president undermining our political process & questioning the legality of the voices of countless Americans without evidence is not only dangerous & wrong, it undermines the very foundation this nation was built upon. Every American should have his or her vote counted.

While talking about twitter, I can't resist this classic:-
https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1324439705522524162

So ridiculous. Donald must work on his Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Donald, Chill!

Last edited:
For those of you who think that the US electoral system is robust and stable, please be very careful betting on that. It is simply not so when faced by those willing (nay, eager!) to ignore conventions and norms and engage in quasi-legal or outright criminal behavior.

So on Fox Gingrich advises President Trump to have Bill Barr arrest election workers in Pennsylvania and then have the state legislature throw out the results of the election.... *In addition to Gingrich's comments, Sen. Lindsey Graham agreed with top Trump domestic policy adviser Sean Hannity that throwing out the election results should be on the table if Trump doesn't win his lawsuits in PA.

I have no idea how the market might react to this sort of thing, but I personally have no doubt that Trump will never concede, and that he has never been constrained in the slightest by norms of conduct or morality or laws. This is why I am largely out of the market for now.

Reminds me of Tesla FUD.

While it was disappointing to hear the comments I just don’t know how much the market cares. It almost seems like some in the Republican Party have decided to double down on Trump but any appeals will likely get tossed out without evidence. IMO market will be happy if Biden closes this out tonight and be very happy if he adds some cushion to his tally, winning Arizona and Pennsylvania.

I think the senate runoff will likely add some uncertainty in the short term. It is possible the We just went from Republican control of senate to a very small chance of split majority. If anything I think this will have a bigger impact on the market but should be HUGE for TSLA if Senate is 50/50 and a democratic VP breaks the tie.

There's 0% chance of Trump being able to influence the Electorate. They're required by law to vote according to the numbers in their state. While Trump can try and make noise with the Supreme Court, that is his ONLY avenue of trying anything. If he ends up losing GA, PA, AZ, and NV, even by slim margins, there's no way the Supreme court is going to intervene. It's beyond silly to think the same exact fraud happened in multiple states and even more silly to say there's unique fraud in each sate. He can't influence the counties that are counting, the state election committees, or the Electorates.

This should be pretty apparent by now because Trump's been crying fraud for 2 straight days now and he's been completely ignored by officials.
Add to that the fact that these claims of fraud conflict with Senate results. How come only Presidential election ballots were subject to fraud, and not Senate? Did the fraudsters choose to leave Senate to Republicans?

Edit: Fixed typo. chose => choose

Last edited:

This

Screenshot_20201105_223331.jpg