Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty good job there MMD. Tesla went from being up 4X Nasdaq in percentage gains at the peak this morning(1.7% Nas, 5.2% Tesla) to barely 2X.

Volume is already drying up so..........welcome to another week of nothing happening.
Can a stock's beta only apply to decreases? :rolleyes:

Interesting how, in most segments where they had to get video of a real EV driving over hill and dale, all they could find were videos of Teslas!
Where was the video of the mighty Hummer clawing it's way up mountains, through rivers and leaping tall buildings in a single bound? After all it was an article in praise of the great GM. /s

Edit - They should all be within the range of Nikola CGI skills that GM acquired. /s

Last edited:
Offloaded my 20th Nov c300's today, which I'd bought back when the SP was around $1385 in July. 3x the original cost which isn't bad, but could and should have been better.

I also sold my 336 trading shares. I need $200k in December for completing the house purchase and I decided with all the ongoing uncertainties, better to have the cash on hand. Looks like Mr President isn't going to give up soon, and with C19 ramping up, happy to de-risk.

Good news is that I haven't sold a sing core-share, and I'm doing all I can to not to - that's why I want the IV to pick up, so I can start selling covered calls and get some free wonga.

https://twitter.com/boringcompany/status/1325869483760607232
image.png

Offloaded my 20th Nov c300's today, which I'd bought back when the SP was around $1385 in July. 3x the original cost which isn't bad, but could and should have been better.

I also sold my 336 trading shares. I need $200k in December for completing the house purchase and I decided with all the ongoing uncertainties, better to have the cash on hand. Looks like Mr President isn't going to give up soon, and with C19 ramping up, happy to de-risk.

Good news is that I haven't sold a sing core-share, and I'm doing all I can to not to - that's why I want the IV to pick up, so I can start selling covered calls and get some free wonga.
Curious to see if you have ever looked into SBLOC's or if they even offer that in Brussels to keep your $TSLA shares.

Curious to see if you have ever looked into SBLOC's or if they even offer that in Brussels to keep your $TSLA shares.

Yes, it is done here, but didn't look particularly favourable. I took a mortgage instead for 80% of total purchase costs, at ~1% fixed rate. But we also need to renovate and this will be another $600k and I couldn't borrow that. Most of this cost is in 2022 though, so I have time to trade to get some cash together. I'm OK to sell my core shares for $800, or write calls at that strike for a decent enough premium.

I would say THEY have their eye on something under $430 and above $425... for now. It's only Monday.

OI chart on last Friday for options expiring this Friday. $420 PUTs were already starting to gain traction.
10 FRI OI closeup (last) w=400.png

Todays OI chart. Looks like for now those $430 strike CALLs are the line in the sand... for now. I think someone is crossing that line... LOL
20 MON OI closeup w=400 H=600.png