Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found some loose change down the back of the sofa that is my trading account, and bought more TSLA shares. Possibly too early, by the looks of things… not a problem if I stop looking.

The back of the sofa is getting worn down these days...

And you keep buying more TSLA shares instead of a new sofa! It's a vicious circle.

I'm rounding up the loose change as we speak. Probably going to put something in between 400 and 405. I don't think the money managers will let it get below that, as it would impact their profits too much.

Sold some NIO calls I bought three days ago to have more dry powder ready. I still expect $385 by Tuesday/Wednesday. My orders were put in yesterday.

May go lower.... or go to $500. ;);)

Let's say I am exceeding dubious about almost any idea that assumes there's massive, massive, massive demand for robotaxis.

You really hedged that statement in a massive way!

Personally, I only expect massive demand for robo-taxis. Not massive, massive, massive demand. Because that would be exceedingly, exceedingly, exceedingly bullish. And I'm only very bullish. :p

Picked up some more. I'm way over my planned exposure but Q4 looks too good to pass up at these prices, particularly with the valuation of the competition going up so much.
Could just be momentum trading. People dumping Tsla because the volitality are with ev start ups. The first person to pull the rug from those companies will have people rushing back into tsla. I think S&P inclusion will crush nio stocks.

Reactions: Nocturnal
First, apologies for me being slow on this.

CNBC reports from Biden Covid advisor that he recommends 4 to 6 week national shutdown to control the pandemic. I'm only interested in a discussion as it concerns the SP of TSLA. Do I need to repeat that?? :D:D:D

My thoughts that if it does happen Macros will tumble, and TSLA will drop 2x to 5x that. :(

I want to be prepared for that possibility.

Obviously we would HODL. Always HODL. But I'm not only a long term investor, but a small time trader as well. Thinking I may play a couple of CCs at the end of Jan.

CNBC reports from Biden Covid advisor that he recommends 4 to 6 week national shutdown to control the pandemic. I'm only interested in a discussion as it concerns the SP of TSLA. Do I need to repeat that?? :D:D:D

My thoughts that if it does happen Macros will tumble, and TSLA will drop 2x to 5x that. :(

Obviously we would HODL. Always HODL. But I'm not only a long term investor, but a small time trader as well. Thinking I may play a couple of CCs at the end of Jan.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. If it happens, it will only happen after TSLA's reported Q4 ER, which will be massively massive.

Could just be momentum trading. People dumping Tsla because the volatility are with ev start ups. The first person to pull the rug from those companies will have people rushing back into tsla. I think S&P inclusion will crush nio stocks.

I think TSLA has already crushed NIO, and will continue to do so, regardless of this sideways SP movement.

But I tend to agree with @Lycanthrope that S&P inclusion will give a temporary bump up in SP, but then recover to norms. It would be a nice short term option play when it does, but in the grand scheme, it won't matter IMO. That's of course if S&P happens. :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less if it does. :cool: Hail @Krugerrand ;)

Last edited:

It's important to read the whole article:

In an interview with NBC News on Thursday, Osterholm clarified his comments, saying “it was not a recommendation. I have never made this recommendation to Biden’s group. We’ve never talked about it.”

“My only point was if we are going to keep making restrictions state-by-state, there is no compensation for the businesses that are being impacted,” he added. “What we’re doing right now is not working.”

A Biden transition official told NBC News that a shutdown “is not in line with the president-elect’s thinking.”

Oh...Sort of like a investor version of PHEV vis-a-vis a BEV.