Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if Gordon is hyperventilating right now . . .

tenor.gif

Poll/Contest: What do you this TSLA will close at tomorrow (not open)?
My guess ==> $455.50

Yours?

I will say it again. Nobody fully understands the squeeze potential. I mean not a lot of the long term investors will sell.

All the action you are seeing AH might just be shorts covering, I’m willing to bet some money that we will close above 455.

+14% now, what are the odds trading is halted tomorrow?

(As a reminder for new folks, TSLA is a rollercoaster, enjoy tomorrow though!)
I foresee those $445 covered calls I have expiring on Friday being called . . .
Same here, but I'm so happy to sell at that price as I collected the premium, I bought those shares about 11 years ago and honestly so proud to sell at such a high price (will use the proceeds to fund other companies that I want to do good for the planet)

NOTE: I still have quite a bit so I'm HODL for those until market cap hits $2T

Note that while IV will increase based on the expected SP jump tomorrow, it will still take a number of days to get up to what it will eventually get too (because the SP will no longer be stagnating). This is key for loading up for the possible squeeze as there will be a disconnect between the actual IV and the eventual IV until it does catch up. This will allow call options to be purchased cheaper than they will eventually be (irrespective of the stock price of course).

I used this same disconnect to my advantage back in January as TSLA left its 5-year range and began climbing into the 400s/500s - the IV took 1-2 weeks to really start to climb. I loaded up on way OTM calls for super-cheap and ended up with a net 40-bagger on hundreds of calls.

Long story short: I am going to buy a sh*tload of way OTM calls for December and January tomorrow morning before the IV starts to really climb high (likely will get to 100-120 again in the next couple weeks).

What strikes do you have in mind?

+14% now, what are the odds trading is halted tomorrow?

(As a reminder for new folks, TSLA is a rollercoaster, enjoy tomorrow though!)

Same here, but I'm so happy to sell at that price as I collected the premium, I bought those shares about 11 years ago and honestly so proud to sell at such a high price (will use the proceeds to fund other companies that I want to do good for the planet)

NOTE: I still have quite a bit so I'm HODL for those until market cap hits $2T

Same position. I only have 2 calls out, and given the variability, I can possibly repurchase sometime in the next month at the same or lower price. Or not, who knows how this roller coaster is going to be.

I wonder if Gordon is hyperventilating right now . . .

View attachment 609107
Add to that the Jim Chanos, Stephanie Link, Tim Seymour, Scott Wapner, Linette Lopez, Lora Kolodny, Joe "I dunno" Kernen types who now all have to explain why such a terrible company/cult stock etc. is being added to the S&P500 and will be bought by thousands of pension funds.

Finally I have a reason to tune into Squawk Box and watch Joe "I dunno" Kernen squirm.

Gordon probably not hyperventilating. He gets money every time he goes on TV. He drew the short straw and plays this character with the ultra-low price target and opinion of the stock just to play interference for the true bears who don't want to go on TV.