Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Factchecking is not often wrong. Suggesting here that the purchasing must be completed on the 21st rather than the 24th. Can anyone confirm? The 21st makes more sense to me.
https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1330954449771257856

https://twitter.com/truth_tesla/status/1330965371126484992
Here, he is suggesting that 90%+ of float is not accounted for. I am not as optimistic on this - not something I say often. However, I am expecting a squeeze beyond $1k... 90% would be an infinite+ squeeze.

Every prospectus I have looked at has said between 3-7 days before and AFTER the date so that would mean between Dec 14 and 28 if they do it in one tranche. If in 2 tranches with one on Dec 14, the window would be roughly Dec 7 to Dec 28

Not all of them have set day ranges and almost all say they can vary from their rules in unusual circumstances if they think it is in the fund's best interest. I think this would qualify so I wouldn't count on any fund rules being followed 100%.

Last edited:
It's completely variable from fund to fund based on the rules that fund has- generally explained in their prospectus.

Some funds have a +/- 3 days of inclusion window, some 7, some even more flexibility than that.
Very helpful, thanks. So the run-up from 408-ish has only been sentiment/front-runners. The 3 and 7 day windows obviously haven't opened yet, and we don't know about the ones with more flexibility, but given we are almost a month out those are probably not the ones sparking the move to this point. My rational brain wants to caution that we have already seen a lot of appreciation since the announcement and discount where we might go in the next month, but the facts indicate otherwise. Going to be an interesting December, that's for sure. Hope everyone is well.

And another related question would be why did GM's CEO recently sell half of her GM shares? Maybe recent moves are some sort of "Hail Mary" for GM and Mary Barra.

More likely it's a preprogrammed and standard sale plan that has been established for a year or more, that is pretty common among senior executives of companies. It's a mechanism for diversifying away from having one's paycheck and investments all in the same company. I wouldn't put any particular weight on this particular sale by Ms Barra.

Which doesn't mean that I think it's a good idea for a company that I plan to invest in. My own take as a shareholder, is that it's too easy for me and the CEO to have different objectives - the CEO is running the business for quarterly gains and progress. As a shareholder, I'm looking for a long term vision, plan for that, and execution in support.

This is kinda stupid. It invites MM to target that option for expiration.
If the MMs manage to keep the stock below his $700 strike and it only gets to $690, I'm positive he will still be ecstatic and quite a bit wealthier. ;)

So I don't post much, but TSLA is my first 10 bagger as of today. :) Investor since 2013
I'm hoping we hear from you again when it becomes a 10 bagger for you a second time. Q3 2023 sound good?