Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the other things I'm enjoying about Tesla's accomplishments and the S&P inclusion is how this is making the FUD published particularly in Sucking Alfalfa seem more irrelevant with every day. Speaking of which, when is the last time we've seen anything from Montana Septic? Maybe he moved to North Dakota... hopefully he'll disappear from existence (or at least from our view).

Last edited:
Did I read that correctly? You were short TSLA?

Someone get Neuralink on the phone...this is a neuroscience breakthrough. We can grow brain! :eek:

It's not an often successfully practiced technique, but in this case it worked, :rolleyes: ... and it wasn't at all Boring. (if you know what I mean, and I think that you do)

Whenever the ripe young stocks celebrate their first birthday is when I feel they are actually "in the money," cuz now my good uncle, Sam, won't molest them quite as much should I decide to sell. ;)

It's not an often successfully practiced technique, but in this case it worked, :rolleyes: ... and it wasn't at all Boring. (if you know what I mean, and I think that you do)

Whenever the ripe young stocks celebrate their first birthday is when I feel they are actually "in the money," cuz now my good uncle, Sam, won't molest them quite as much should I decide to sell. ;)

LOL my mistake! Short-term to long-term gains. :)

Still, even if you were proclaiming being a converted short, I thought the announcement mighty brave.

Yeah, this is what is baffling me. I expected a much bigger return on options due to IV spike.
I am so perplexed that there is such a complicated and mysterious event that is happening, but no spike on IV.

Maybe because it's a very well defined event. Everyone expects a run-up before, and a drop after, it's not your usual P&D or ER, it's a real buying events with strict boundary conditions.

The thing is... when I buy a (monthly/LEAP) call, it's rather intuitive - the SP is/had been held down and the future looks bright with lots of catalysts and shiny things, an inevitably it works-out, anywhere from 3x to 220x (to date).

But here you are with actual numbers and projections. Where do you get those from? Only tool I've seen is Long call calculator: Purchase call options, but that's not the easiest beast to divine.

I'm just making worst case estimates (you might also hear them referred to as my derriere). If the stock price barely moves (or rises parabolically to expire OTM), then the 3750 call options should lose 1/30th of value daily. Likewise, once the SP rises above the strike price, they'll rise dollar for dollar (and lose time value the more ITM they become) - again, just a worst-case estimate. Emmett's actual gains will be higher.

• Informative
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
I've had a string of them for 17 years after our wedding.

E56C0BE8-2EB1-4B1E-9BF3-CA6A2FD2300B.gif

I wonder if we can match the $575 from today's premarket before close?

Now in AH, yes!

But boy, that was a bullish day today. Yes, "only" 3.35%, but the manips threw everything at it, early doors, and failed, miserably. This on a day when EV stock suffered heavily.

Enjoy your turkey/nut-roasts, tomorrow, folks, Friday will be fascinating.

Last edited:
The main problem I see with options is it is like playing black jack in Vegas. The house wins most of the time.

Plus it is addicting. I am sitting on a 5 bagger right now and WANT more...I am out after this one...I swear!

As I said yesterday, better to leave a bit on the table than to burn the lot.

Advice.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the new Teslanaires will purchase SpaceX stock since they can now be considered Accredited Investors?

I know I will when I reach that plateau, hopefully early next year. Imagine, holding more than one stock!

Interesting. Never considered that, but yes, TSLA investors looking to plow cash into SpaceX have very much been enabled. And Kool Aid drinkers that we are, buying SpaceX without debate would be most probable.

We should start a support thread for those of us suffering through feelings of guilt about 2020 being the best year of their life..

Not the best year overall but we did survive COVID so far, even with being on the last cruise ship of the year and then not being able to go on more cruises. ( we usually go on 3-4 per year. Finally scored the 7 figure portfolio last summer and took profits to pay cash on that Model S LR+. I don't feel any guilt at all. It was done with lots of homework and effort. It's true the second Mil is easier than the first. :)

I wonder how many of the new Teslanaires will purchase SpaceX stock since they can now be considered Accredited Investors?

I know I will when I reach that plateau, hopefully early next year. Imagine, holding more than one stock!

But that would require me selling TSLA. o_O (And paying taxes on the gains. :eek:)

And it isn't like you can just place a order for SpaceX stock. It is very hard to get, and normally comes with a lot of fees. (And not just one time fees.)

• Helpful
Reactions: Curt Renz
There is nothing stupid about the smirk. ;)
I might be quite, but I am an old timer, I began building my position in March 2013. I have never sold a share. Nope it’s not a smirk for me. Nothing but gratitude because whenever I have doubted myself I check in here. It is comforting to see many familiar old posters. So many have left. Did they sell? Thanks guys, I appreciate your posts. You are like my old friends even though you don’t know me. I guess I am going to continue lurking because I still can’t discern a reason to sell.