Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla trading at €490.00 early in the session at Tradegate Berlin (TLO) (the equivalent of $586.26)

V. light volume of 3.7K shares only 5 min after Open.

Cheers!

SP in Berlin marched up to €494.95 (the equivalent of $593.00) by a few moments before the pre-Market opened in New York:

TL0.chart.2020-11-30.png

Cheers!

Mmmm.... Already in august was publicly identified the big purchase of Tesla, Amazon, Zoom & others by Softbank and a lot of articles published about the topic, as this:

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

And the following dip was caused by the massive sellout of Softbank's all Tesla stock.
So what "mystery" Frank is talking about? Perhaps i'm missing something, i follow him and i like his analysis, but i'm failing to understand his contribute on the "mystery".

The mystery is that, looking at 13F data, a truckload of shares 'went missing' during Q3. After accounting for the split and the reduction in short interest, about 60M shares that were sold by institutional investors did not end up in the hands of new institutional investors, or at least not ones that file 13F.

I speculated before that Berkshire might've bought (some of) these shares, because Berkshire was allowed to omit a holding form its 13F, which would line up perfectly with the missing TSLA shares. However, Softbank might be a more likely candidate, especially considering the timing of it opening an entity that does not have to report its stockholdings to the SEC.

If I'm not mistaken, the Softbank reports were about speculation in tech options, and the following dip happened before the end of Q3. If Softbank sold its TSLA before the end of Q3, 60M shares would not have been missing from the 13F filings.

She left after a dispute with moderators over “off-topic” posts. Not banned. Folks have tried to coax her back to no avail.

the signal/noise does get rather low at times and I sympathize with the mods’ plight. However - the knowledge and insight I’ve gleaned from these pages has been enriching in many ways. So I try to look at sifting through the noise as just the price I have to pay for the good nuggets of info and insight

Wasn't "moderators", it was one moderator. Wasn't a dispute either, she was just made to feel very unwanted, so left. There was a window of opportunity for her to return, along with Fact Checking, but that has passed. I tried.

OK, I see the cyclical discussion about content on this forum... my thoughts...

I spend a lot of time here, I read every post, some quicker than others, conversely some I have to read several times to understand, someI never will.

I personally appreciate the interjections of humour we get and I like a bit of banter between us, I would hate to see this be out-lawed and the forum to become sterile, we are humans, after all, plus the odd house-pet. Imagine Curt's William Tell being deleted after another ATH, indeed, unthinkable.

Two things that I feel can be improved:
- the tendency to go down rabbit-holes on any range of subjects other than something pertinent to $TSLA, the moment this starts to happen, take it to an separate thread, I've learned to speed-read these myself
- some posters feel the need to post constantly, about everything, maybe you could just throttle that back bit too, because I look at the avatars passing and skill those too

Otherwise keep it as it is.

BTW, for the asking for changes to the forums itself: filters, different voting buttons, note that the mods have no leeway over this at all, they can only work with what they're given. I was hoping they might update the forum software itself to something more modern with some flexibility, but not happened yet.

And for all you newly-minted Teslanairs, if you don't do so yet, become a supporting member...

She left after a dispute with moderators over “off-topic” posts. Not banned. Folks have tried to coax her back to no avail.

the signal/noise does get rather low at times and I sympathize with the mods’ plight. However - the knowledge and insight I’ve gleaned from these pages has been enriching in many ways. So I try to look at sifting through the noise as just the price I have to pay for the good nuggets of info and insight

What is Naflaus' Twitter handle so I can follow her? I tried searching for that name and couldn't find it. (*Sorry* ego-trippin' Mods if this is "off-topic" but it's after-hours now!) :rolleyes:

Btw, Gary Black's latest tweets are:

"Gary Black @garyblack00 1h
$TSLA approved to start selling MIC Y in China. This is one of 8 catalysts we’ve been tracking for Dec/Jan, came about two weeks earlier than we expected, and increases odds Tesla can hit 500K deliveries goal for this year." (12/15 catalyst)

"Gary Black @garyblack00 6h
There is no ambiguity or caveats in S&P’s announcement that $TSLA “will be added to the S&P 500 prior to the open of trading on Monday December 21 to coincide with the quarterly rebalance.” If S&P delays inclusion past the rebalance, they will get hit with $billions in lawsuits."

It's pretty obvious why some have left TMC to Twitter: 1. no moderation 2. higher audience. For example, when I spent New Year's Eve 12/31/2019 volunteering at Tesla Factory Fremont to show new owners the basics of how to pair their phones and drive away, I live-streamed part of it on Twitch. This resulted in 21.6K total tweet impressions and 1,017 profile visits. That is with only 131 followers because I'm not active on the platform.

Top media Tweet earned 873 impressions
Earlier today at factory am heading over there in about 15 mins to check out the event and Livestream on twitch teslaruss pic.twitter.com/aQ0v3meE4u

Just watched all the currently available FSD Beta 6 videos.

Based on those videos and the reactions of the testers, there are more significant and noticeable improvements in this version.

An absolutely mind-blowing pace of improvements—and this during a holiday week. (Do Karpathy and team work on FSD while sitting around the Thanksgiving table?!?)

It seems to me that Ark’s bull case scenarios are going to be here sooner than I thought, and the TSLA faithful are going to be massively rewarded sooner than I thought. I’m thinking we could see Preliminary Robotaxi testing within a year.

Elon was right. The improvement rate in FSD is far faster than most are expecting.

I am a software developer and am still trying to figure out how they’re coding the path planning for the car and getting these improvements in so quickly. Must be mind-bogglingly complex.

I know Waymo is still ahead, at least when in its fairly straightforward geofenced areas. But watching this latest round, it’s clear that not only has Elon been right about LIDAR being a crutch, but it appears to me that we will see Tesla overtake Waymo in the not-too-distant future—and without a geofence at that. They are making Waymo look slow and outdated, especially when I hear those crappy Chrysler minivans accelerate loudly out of a turn.

I am trying to see how anyone else can beat them at this game. Not seeing it. Trying. Not seeing it.

The timing of all this has me thinking that the Ark bull price targets will start rolling in soon after this S&P inclusion stuff. It’s possible the price might keep going up after December.

I cannot fathom how these videos are not bigger news everywhere. When wider rollout comes and FSD goes to the masses, knowledge of the capabilities of FSD will cause another step up in TSLA valuation.

Last edited:
Just watched all the currently available FSD Beta 6 videos. Based on those videos and the reactions of the testers, there are more significant and noticeable improvements in this version.

Daamm... that right there is one good driver (AI) :eek:

"Tesla fsd beta 2020.44.15.4 first drive. Super smooth." | Tesla Owners Silicon Valley (4 hrs ago)

The timing of all this has me thinking that the Ark bull price targets will start rolling in soon after this S&P inclusion stuff. It’s possible the price might keep going up after December. I cannot fathom how these videos are not bigger news everywhere. When wider rollout comes and FSD goes to the masses, knowledge of the capabilities of FSD will cause another step up in TSLA valuation.

All in good time, first things first. We've got the MiC Model Y rollout, which is also yet to hit the Financial Press. It'll come, just HODL... :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
What is this, Groundhog Day?
Pretty sure I read those last pages yesterday, or at least recently. Recyclically?

Wasn't "moderators", it was one moderator. Wasn't a dispute either, she was just made to feel very unwanted, so left. There was a window of opportunity for her to return, along with Fact Checking, but that has passed. I tried.

OK, I see the cyclical discussion about content on this forum... my thoughts...

Leg being pulled, I feel. (Did I already say that too?)

What is this, Groundhog Day?
Pretty sure I read those last pages yesterday, or at least recently. Recyclically?

Leg being pulled, I feel. (Did I already say that too?)

Moi, pulleth thine legs? Never! But I'm really adamant that we need to keep the character of the thread and find the balance amongst ourselves.

Hitting ATH's in pre-market...
upload_2020-11-30_13-22-36.png