Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s simply amazing that we are about to hit 3k pre split.

What is this, Groundhog Day?
Pretty sure I read those last pages yesterday, or at least recently. Recyclically?

Leg being pulled, I feel. (Did I already say that too?)
That’s because the root issue is unresolved. Some want a sterile thread with only comments that directly relate to TSLA, others don’t mind a little bit of OT.

Nobody cares but the only thing that annoys me are multiple page long arguments. I try to limit myself to only one response to rabbit holes.

Wasn't "moderators", it was one moderator. Wasn't a dispute either, she was just made to feel very unwanted, so left. There was a window of opportunity for her to return, along with Fact Checking, but that has passed. I tried.

OK, I see the cyclical discussion about content on this forum... my thoughts...

I spend a lot of time here, I read every post, some quicker than others, conversely some I have to read several times to understand, someI never will.

I personally appreciate the interjections of humour we get and I like a bit of banter between us, I would hate to see this be out-lawed and the forum to become sterile, we are humans, after all, plus the odd house-pet. Imagine Curt's William Tell being deleted after another ATH, indeed, unthinkable.

Two things that I feel can be improved:
- the tendency to go down rabbit-holes on any range of subjects other than something pertinent to $TSLA, the moment this starts to happen, take it to an separate thread, I've learned to speed-read these myself
- some posters feel the need to post constantly, about everything, maybe you could just throttle that back bit too, because I look at the avatars passing and skill those too

Otherwise keep it as it is.

BTW, for the asking for changes to the forums itself: filters, different voting buttons, note that the mods have no leeway over this at all, they can only work with what they're given. I was hoping they might update the forum software itself to something more modern with some flexibility, but not happened yet.

And for all you newly-minted Teslanairs, if you don't do so yet, become a supporting member...

Spot on. Also Mods; it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Thank you.

p.s. this could be gearing up to be a champagne day in my house :)

This massive container showed up. Apparently my wife has an "inspection" tomorrow.

I think we're definitely gonna clean out $600 early tomorrow.

Hope everything works out OK

NEWS_160119434_AR_0_AQKVYOUSUGRV.jpg

Reminder that on page 1 of this thread (way way back) it was announced: "This year, we are not going to try to split discussions between a "Market Action" and a "General" thread, as years of experience has shown all are too enthusiastic about putting their opinions and observations in a fairly random dispersion.

So post here - but as a specific topic gets discussed over a series of posts, we'll split it off to its own thread; this Master Thread will serve as the catch-all unless and until such a pattern emerges."

I understand off-topic can annoy some, but if this place is designated as the catch-all, then people will treat it as such. If mods want to start again with a 'market action only' and 'general' thread again, I'd understand! But if there is no outlet for OT things, then they have to go somewhere. We're just humans, and we discuss random things. I, for one, still think this thread is an invaluable resource, and mods are to thank for their efforts!! But a few OT things only makes this place more human, and that's okay. Just my two cents.

Just watched all the currently available FSD Beta 6 videos.

Based on those videos and the reactions of the testers, there are more significant and noticeable improvements in this version.

An absolutely mind-blowing pace of improvements—and this during a holiday week. (Do Karpathy and team work on FSD while sitting around the Thanksgiving table?!?)

It seems to me that Ark’s bull case scenarios are going to be here sooner than I thought, and the TSLA faithful are going to be massively rewarded sooner than I thought. I’m thinking we could see Preliminary Robotaxi testing within a year.

Elon was right. The improvement rate in FSD is far faster than most are expecting.

I am a software developer and am still trying to figure out how they’re coding the path planning for the car and getting these improvements in so quickly. Must be mind-bogglingly complex.

I know Waymo is still ahead, at least when in its fairly straightforward geofenced areas. But watching this latest round, it’s clear that not only has Elon been right about LIDAR being a crutch, but it appears to me that we will see Tesla overtake Waymo in the not-too-distant future—and without a geofence at that. They are making Waymo look slow and outdated, especially when I hear those crappy Chrysler minivans accelerate loudly out of a turn.

I am trying to see how anyone else can beat them at this game. Not seeing it. Trying. Not seeing it.

The timing of all this has me thinking that the Ark bull price targets will start rolling in soon after this S&P inclusion stuff. It’s possible the price might keep going up after December.

I cannot fathom how these videos are not bigger news everywhere. When wider rollout comes and FSD goes to the masses, knowledge of the capabilities of FSD will cause another step up in TSLA valuation.
They are most likely using dojo beta. Dojo 1.0's hardware is an order of magnitude faster to train an order of magnitude amounts of data from mass roll out. But I am sure all the codes and hardware required for auto labeling/vacation mode is already piloted with limited beta release. So this 4d training seems to be working as expected.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
*GM SIGNS MOU WITH NIKOLA TO SUPPLY HYDROTEC FUEL CELL SYSTEMS

Man - GM had their chance to get away from this. They are dead.

Honestly, GM has made enough @#$%tty decisions in the past 2 decades that they deserve to die. I hope and pray that they do not get a loan, no bail-out, etc. and just die. They need to be replaced with a healthy competitor that has some vision for the future.

Spot on. Also Mods; it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Thank you.

Thanks for this, everyone, I enjoy this forum a lot.

Hi @AudubonB and other mods, could we perhaps use a data driven approach. Those with stats of high rates of "disagree" should be warned, and eventually banned? I know this also tilts against those with legitimately controversial ideas, so is there a different metric we could use? Could we make the decision about how much to limit someone be less arbitrary and more democratic?

Just a suggestion.

*GM SIGNS MOU WITH NIKOLA TO SUPPLY HYDROTEC FUEL CELL SYSTEMS

Man - GM had their chance to get away from this. They are dead.

Nikola Badger -- from Vaporware to Just Plain Vapor...

Nikola Signs MOU with General Motors

New deal only covers putting GM fuel cells into Nikola semi trucks. They will "discuss" using GM batteries too. Badger deposits will be refunded.

So, about all that proprietary Nikola IP... I guess this truck will have mind-blowing infotainment screens or something.