Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over at Seeking Alpha Bill Maurer is claiming Tesla fired employees for not coming in to work while they were sick:

'Yeah, so it's smart to not pay workers during a pandemic and fire them for not coming in while sick, but give the CEO tens of billions in bonuses.'

I've noticed that the commenters are now mostly positive on TSLA and hilariously rip the negative authors, so that's a positive development.

CNBC should be ashamed of themselves for posting SA garbage as if it's a real news source, without checking if any of it is factual.

SA is probably funded by big oil and ICE companies..just look at who writes articles for them..this clown:
upload_2020-12-3_10-30-18.png

One of the biggest $TSLA bears on twitter...that should tell you enough about SA's credibility.

Surprised it's moving with volume so low......I'll take it but I figured with daily volume sitting in the 30-40 million range, it would be pretty easy for them cap this thing until EOD Friday.

I expect to see a number of analyst upgrades next week to get their PT's ahead of where the share price lands on inclusion date....which is what I feel GS is doing with their upgrade today. The recent FSD beta build will give them all the reason they need to cite much higher PT's

Last edited:
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: lafrisbee
Results from poll:
POLL: Short term SP Predictions

What will be the share price at key points around inclusion?
Poll closed Today at 7:16 AM.
  1. *
    1a <$1k on 11th December
    74 vote(s)
    84.1%

2. 1b >$1k on 11th December
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

3. 2a <$1k spike between 11th December and 8th January
    44 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. *
    2b >$1k spike between 11th December and 8th January
    32 vote(s)
    36.4%

5. 3a <$1k on 8th January
    62 vote(s)
    70.5%
  6. *
    3b >$1k on 8th January
    5 vote(s)
    5.7%

I was one of five predicting a SP greater than $1k in early Jan....

Here's the funniest part of the article:

Well, no sugar, Sherlock. But the only way you can get the regulatory credits so you can sell them is by making and selling cars! And not just any cars, nosiree, Jim-bob, they have to be the kind Tesla makes, low-no emission cars.

Saying they only turned a profit because of credit sales is so out of context it’s meaningless. Like saying the only reason my football team won is because they scored more points than the other team.

Underperforming analysts seem to think the markets are wrong when results don’t match their predictions. These analysts will give you reasons why they are right even when the market contradicts.

When faced with a choice between being a laughing stock for being wrong and admitting mistakes and correcting them, the underperforming analysts will continue to support their invalid assertions citing other FUD and using financial models that don’t fit true market realities.

Will they ever stop? Not any time soon. Tesla hate has become a familiar habit and underperforming analysts will continue to go there when feeling threatened (which is often).

Surprised it's moving with volume so low......I'll take it but I figured with daily volume sitting in the 30-40 million range, it would be pretty easy for them cap this thing until EOD Friday.

I expect to see a number of analyst upgrades next week to get their PT's ahead of where the share price lands on inclusion date....which is what I feel GS is doing with their upgrade today. The recent FSD beta build will them all the reason they need to cite much higher PT's

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing that makes sense (and it makes a lot of sense) is there are very few sellers.

I hope you're right about next week.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
Just listened to a recording of a public meeting of the environmental committee of the state of Brandenburg (where Giga Berlin is constructed). They commented on the state of the project. My take aways:
  • There has been no application to build a battery or cell factory. They don´t expect it this year. Interesting with regard to the question if they will produce cars with only 4680 or also 2170 cells there...
  • They are working on planning a long distance water supply for future phases of factory buildout, not yet decided where the water will come from
  • For the final permit of the current construction phase they are still missing required documents, the only one mentioned is a verbatim transcript of the meeting where people could voice objections to the project (the one that lasted 8 instead of 3 days..) Didn´t sound it would be there soon. You´d think one could feed the recording into a computer, proof read it, done, right?!
Source:

I recently purchased property in Northern San Diego County. I have a reservation on a Tesla roof and Powewalls. Sitting here without power, my wife just walked to plug her cell phone into the Model 3.

In the Queue for a roof, pondering the pros and cons of V2G...
V2G is my fantasy. Though my home is 900sqft so with a hurricane power outage a small window unit can keep the home tolerable so I "don't sweat it any longer."

Just listened to a recording of a public meeting of the environmental committee of the state of Brandenburg (where Giga Berlin is constructed). They commented on the state of the project. My take aways:
  • There has been no application to build a battery or cell factory. They don´t expect it this year. Interesting with regard to the question if they will produce cars with only 4680 or also 2170 cells there...
  • They are working on planning a long distance water supply for future phases of factory buildout, not yet decided where the water will come from
  • For the final permit of the current construction phase they are still missing required documents, the only one mentioned is a verbatim transcript of the meeting where people could voice objections to the project (the one that lasted 8 instead of 3 days..) Didn´t sound it would be there soon. You´d think one could feed the recording into a computer, proof read it, done, right?!
Source:

Just my gut, I don't have hard data to back this up, but I would bet Tesla is trying to get the Roadrunner pilot line's kinks ironed out. If 4680 cells with DBE (Dry Battery Electrode) are to a point where they are sure of them, then the water requirements in Berlin are at least an order of magnitude less than current 2170 tech. That would make a big difference in their permit request, and probably could be the hold up.

Just my 0.02. Take it for what it is worth (nothing).

Saying they only turned a profit because of credit sales is so out of context it’s meaningless. Like saying the only reason my football team won is because they scored more points than the other team.

A better analogy would be we won because the other team fumbled the ball too often and we converted those turnovers into points.